Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lawrence O'Donnell just threw a haymaker at guest Anthony Weiner asking, "What is WRONG with you?" as his first question!

It's really ugly. If you're going to have a guest on, why not let them know it's going to be a hostile interview?

He's coming off as worse than Weiner.

by Anonymousreply 3209/12/2013

It's really embarrassing. Lawrence O'Donnell just came off as totally awful, and I can't stand Weiner.

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2013

"Haymaker"? I have never heard that before.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2013

I didn't see it but I doubt Weiner and his people were that surprised. No one notable would agree to an interview with him unless they were able to ask hard questions.

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

LOD didn't even ask hard questions though; he just made a fool of himself. I mean I guess he was dealing with a fool, so maybe he just didn't feel like having a serious interview, but it didn't come off well at all. Weiner was right to be incredulous.

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

My biggest problem with O'Donnell. If he hates you, he essentially won't interview the subject and ask questions, it's just a platform for him to yell and shout and make a fool of himself. You know it's bad when Weiner comes off the better of the two.

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2013

O'Donnell started off with the question every other interviewer wanted to ask but was afraid to approach it in that way.

When Hugh Grant appeared on "The Tonight Show" right after his scandal, everyone wondered how Leno would tiptoe around the event. He didn't! He started off with "What the hell where you thinking?" and the audience cheered.

by Anonymousreply 609/09/2013

Lawrence didn't say anything in the interview that he hasn't already said on his show. Weiner is a fool if he didn't know what was coming.

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

R7 wipes her ass from back to front.

by Anonymousreply 909/09/2013

[quote]"Haymaker"? I have never heard that before.

Not surprising. Do you always enjoy displaying your ignorance?

by Anonymousreply 1009/09/2013

I'm sure O'Donnell did come off badly but honestly, what is the matter with Weiner? I mean most 12 year olds are smart enough to know better then to send out pictures of their dicks. The guy must be a complete nut case.

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

I had no problem with Larry's questions and attitude. They were exactly what I expected and Weiner should have expected them.

He bought his ticket, he takes his ride.

by Anonymousreply 1209/09/2013

[quote]It's really ugly.

Well, that's appropriate. So is Weiner.

by Anonymousreply 1309/09/2013

In all fairness O'Donnell just asked him what 99% of the audience wants to know. The other 1% are probably just like him. It is a shame that his lack of impulse control has damaged his political career for good. He is just what New York needs after twelve years of Nanny Moneybags. And he does possess that New York brand of chutzpah that the other candidates are sorely lacking. Lisping Lhota doesn't stand a chance with working class New Yorkers who take public transportation to work everyday. And while Catsimatidis seems like a decent fellow he's another billionaire who thinks because he knows how to make money he knows how to run a city. Been there, sick of it. Quinn has been outed as Bloomberg's hemmorhoid and Thompson just comes off as too soft. That leaves DeBlasio. I'm voting for him but he's so damn dull.

by Anonymousreply 1409/10/2013

odd interview , he goes after Weiner for his relentless pursuit of public office, does he say the same about Hillary, Bill, GW Bush?

He wanted to attack him for the penis pictures but tried to take the intellectual route.

by Anonymousreply 1509/10/2013

[quote]he goes after Weiner for his relentless pursuit of public office,

He's going after him for the pursuit of public office AFTER being caught in a situation that was ongoing long after the original scandal. If you're too dense to figure that, people like you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

by Anonymousreply 1609/10/2013

O'Donnell was a total asshole and brought Weiner on not to give him any chance to explain anything but just so O'Donnell could show off his assholeary. Weiner came off much better and like the adult in the room and the sane one.

by Anonymousreply 1709/10/2013

Frau/r16 is very tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 1809/10/2013

R18 sends pictures of her cunt to Weiner.

by Anonymousreply 1909/10/2013

Anthony Weiner is a raging fire, so I can't fault any reporter for dousing him with gasoline. He's so easy to provoke that an interview is bound to make news/attract viewers.

by Anonymousreply 2009/10/2013

Well, it's what I and a whole lot of others would have asked. Word for word, point blank. Weiner, man, WTF is wrong with you? Not for sexting [italic]per se[/italic], but for being obtuse/arrogant enough -- right through to this day -- to misjudge NYC's political landscape so completely, and think he would have even a fighting chance of political survival.

We need somebody who can demonstrate the ability and readiness to take care of business and handle his life in a fundamentally responsible manner. Not show a repeat pattern of wasting time sexting to stupid bitches and humiliating his wife... again and again and again and (apparently) again and again.

For him to think that that shit can come out repeatedly and not torpedo his candidacy... which is exactly what it did... it really is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 2109/10/2013

[quote] handle his life in a fundamentally responsible manner

Correction: handle his [bold]or her[/bold] life in a fundamentally responsible manner. I'd be open to Quinn or De Blasio on that criterion. Going with De Blasio based on his politics and campaign style.

by Anonymousreply 2209/10/2013

So...what did Weiner say? What IS wrong with him?

by Anonymousreply 2309/10/2013

Haymaker? Is the OP posting from the 1940's?

by Anonymousreply 2409/10/2013

[quote]"Haymaker"? I have never heard that before.

Probably because, unlike most of DL, you were born after the Eisenhower administration.

by Anonymousreply 2509/10/2013

OP here. Lol, I guess "haymaker" is a bit archaic, but it just came out as I typed! I do like colorful expressions, and I try never to dumb down my word choices if I already know a great one. It is a snazzy word every cool cat should know!

by Anonymousreply 2609/11/2013

Not a Weiner fan but Lawrence came off like a weirdo pompous scold who wanted to slap Weiner out of the gate and not let him talk. Great political talents that they are, Hillary and Bill are also scandal-tarred big-money lobbyists and feeders at the corporate trough. Chelsea basically goes around collecting money for being their daughter. Lawrence would never dare challenge any of them. He is weird and I noticed tonight he was not on MSNBC's panel on the Syria speech -- not invited with the other talent. Would not be surprised if they don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 2709/11/2013

I think Lawrence O'D exhibited a bit of mania. I imagine he struggles with depression.

by Anonymousreply 2809/11/2013

Any intelligent person would be depressed with all the crap that this country goes through.

by Anonymousreply 2909/11/2013

Lawrence will feel like an ass when Weiner kills himself. Who am I kidding? No he won't.

by Anonymousreply 3009/11/2013

I was thinking the same thing, r28. He looked like someone in the throes of a manic episode. It also appeared that O'Donnell knew something about Weiner's lobbying "job" that bothered him more than the childish sexting but he wasn't at liberty to say and wanted to try and goad Weiner into talking about it on his own.

by Anonymousreply 3109/12/2013

That was the most inept interview I have ever seen. That fool forced Weiner to clam up before he'd even begun to speak. What did O'Donnell hope to accomplish by asking a lead-off question his guest couldn't hope to answer without incriminating himself?

An interviewer is supposed to draw conversation out of people not make them withdraw in resentment. O'Donnell made Weiner look like the better man and frankly, that takes some doing.

by Anonymousreply 3209/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!