Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Roseanne Barr is hilarious

She was and is a genius. I just watched some bloopers from "Roseanne" and they seemed to all get along. did they?

by Anonymousreply 3109/10/2013

A coked out Dan punched a hole through the wall of the set when the was attempting to punch DJ according to an interview Roseanne gave Larry King. Goodman was nearly fired for the incident.

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2013

She once gathered the cast and crew and screamed at them non-stop for two hours, which made John Goodman walk off the set.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2013

Oh God. One of the most hate filled sets of all time. They all hated each other. From the littlest kid right up to Rosanne.

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

Then when Tom Arnold came on for a little bit it only got worse.

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

Can of worms, consider yourself opened.

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2013

Oh, who cares. They all got rich off of it. The first 5 or 6 seasone were pure genius and hilarious. The last 3 or 4 seasons were painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 609/09/2013

It wasn't until fairly recently that I heard John Goodman was a cokehead during the show (read: he was doing coke during the tapings). Thinking back to certain episodes, I can see it now.

by Anonymousreply 709/09/2013

They were all super violent toward one another. Morgan Fairchild and the first Becky once had their hands around each other's throats and had to be separated--same with Estelle Parsons and John Goodman.

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

Can't stand Roseanne Barr. She smirks her way through every episode, and can barely hide the fact that she thinks she's so funny.

by Anonymousreply 909/09/2013

Barr is not that funny or that good of an actress. But like many others who are successful in show business, she has that knack for surrounding herself with lots of talented and more capable people. (See: Madonna, Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 1009/10/2013

Wow, did not suspect. I never watched Roseanne but I liked him in the Coen bros movies.

Cocaine use and obesity is not a good mix. Chris Farley and John Belushi. He's lucky he is still around.

R7, can you give an example of an episode?

Roseanne is one of those rare women who actually got better looking as she aged. I like the long gray hair and she's laid off the surgery.

by Anonymousreply 1109/10/2013

I haven't seen the show in many years, but I can remember Goodman talking fast and acting like he's hopped up in certain scenes. After I heard he was into coke, it made sense.

by Anonymousreply 1209/10/2013

I definitely remember Tom Arnold seeming extremely coked up in everything he was in around that period of time. Always had a red, stuffed up nose, nasally voice, and sweating.

Goodman was really skinny in that Red State movie a couple years ago. I almost didn't recognize him. Guess he's taking better care of himself these days.

by Anonymousreply 1309/10/2013

Hmm. No mention of Goodman's enjoyment of the homosex?

Roseanne was very funny and completely out of her mind. I suppose there are worse combinations.

by Anonymousreply 1409/10/2013

I never understood what she saw in Tom Arnold. He was fat and unfunny and a cokehead.

by Anonymousreply 1509/10/2013

She's an unfunny Right-winger now.

by Anonymousreply 1609/10/2013

Roseanne Barr is a right-winger? What the fuck happened?

by Anonymousreply 1709/10/2013

r17 Say it ain't so, Roe?

by Anonymousreply 1809/10/2013

Did Goodman ever fuck Galecki?

by Anonymousreply 1909/10/2013

She said she was bipolar, right? I remember at the time it was a feud with the producers and directors, I didn't think it was trouble with the cast. She was saying it was because she was a woman. Tom Arnold was her Yoko Ono, didn't help the situation. The kid who played DJ threatened to walk off the show (at age 12 or something) because he got wind that Roseann was going to make him TV's youngest gay character. I didn't watch the show much, especially silly towards the end, that didn't happen right? Everyone in the cast was on a gag order I believe, because no one was talking about what was happening on the set except whatever Roseanne was saying and whatever the production staff was anonymously leaking to the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 2009/10/2013

Goodman is the only respected actor on Roseanne that hasn't been on BBT. Galecki, natch, Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf.

Love Laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's mother. t

by Anonymousreply 2109/10/2013

She was always okay doing standup but was in the pits as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 2209/10/2013

WHat is the connection between Big Bang Theory and Roseanne, r21? Why would Roseanne be on that show anyway?

by Anonymousreply 2309/10/2013

[quote]She was always okay doing standup but was in the pits as an actress.

No way. She was excellent in "Roseanne." Meryl Streep even commended her.

by Anonymousreply 2409/10/2013

"Meryl Streep even commended her."

That wasn't around the time they were promoting a movie together, was it?

by Anonymousreply 2509/10/2013

[quote]That wasn't around the time they were promoting a movie together, was it?

If not that, then it meant Meryl missed seeing the first two years of "Roseanne."

by Anonymousreply 2609/10/2013

[quote]That wasn't around the time they were promoting a movie together, was it?

No, "What Happens Live".

by Anonymousreply 2709/10/2013

Roseanne proved she could act in the 90s on "Roseanne" especially in the controversial episodes. The fact that she never had acting lessons is astounding. I guess when you do stand-up you learn how to master beats, how to get to the punchline, and make it work for an audience. However, the emotional scenes she did were stellar, and that didn't come from comedy. I think she credited Metcalf and Goodman for teaching her.

by Anonymousreply 2809/10/2013

I love the bitch and I'm jealous that she's living her dream growing nuts on a huge parcel of land in Hawaii. That sounds kinda cool to me.

by Anonymousreply 2909/10/2013

r23, same executive producer. And I said RESPECTED actor. Never expect to see her on BBT. The movie with M was She-Devil.

by Anonymousreply 3009/10/2013

If that jar of pickled eggs in the Conner pantry could talk...

by Anonymousreply 3109/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!