Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Julia Roberts wears red nonsense at the TIFF premiere of August Osage County!

I love that blonde woman giving Julia the evil-eye!

Some early reactions from critics on twitter:

david ehrlich AUGUST OSAGE COUNTY: as a movie, it's a damn fine play.

Lou Lumenick Margo Martindale's great, but Benedict Cumberbatch as her hapless son? Sticks out like a sore thumb.

James Rocchi Just walked out of AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY, or, UNENDURABLE FESTIVAL OF ACCENTED SHOUTIN'.A load of hollerin' and fury, signifying nothing.

Peter Knegt ‏ It ain't perfect, but AUGUST OSAGE COUNTY is at the very least a melodramatic hoot with very few in unenjoyable moments.

Erik Childress AUGUST OSAGE COUNTY is a great actors showcase and a solid drama. But nothing new or groundbreaking about it. Now - or then.

Brad Brevet Enjoyed August: Osage County much more than three I say with, not perfect but lots to like.

by Anonymousreply 709/10/2013

Margo Martindale

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2013

I LOATHED the pretentious, over-written play, so this is no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2013

Meryl did not attend tonight's premiere due to "illness." She knows what a turkey she has on her hands and ditched the whole damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

If that is the case, R3, I assume she hasn't seen a movie of hers in years.

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

Julia Roberts could not have chosen a worse shade of red for herself. It clashes dreadfully with her chestnut hair.

As for the movie, I wouldn't see it if every critic in the country retired because they couldn't conceive of a better film ever existing. It's about a bunch of family members bitching at each others, something I don't have to pay to see.

by Anonymousreply 509/10/2013

With The Iron Lady, Streep has already given a good performance in a shitty film. She could still be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 609/10/2013

Julia looks better with the added weight.

by Anonymousreply 709/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!