Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

James Franco "I wish I was gay"

“I don’t even care if people think I’m gay, so it was like, “Awesome!” I mean, I wish I was … I wish I was gay.”

When asked for further explanation, Franco avoided the question by saying they “don’t need to go into it,” but addressed the “larger phenomenon” of actors being rumored to be gay after convincingly playing a gay character on the screen.

“Part of it is that movies are a place where people can project things and identify with characters, and it’s the same thing with actors outside of their roles — and it’s been that way since Hollywood was around. That’s why there’s a lot of conjecture,” Franco continued. “That’s been one of my things, too. My relationship with my public image over the past four or five years has just become weirder and weirder, because I look at it and it’s me, and it’s not me, so if other people want to use that for their own purposes or needs, I’m fine with it.”

by Anonymousreply 8509/13/2013

He thinks people care? They watch him because it's like watching a car crash.

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

Looser than whom, R3? Have you fucked him in the ass? Is brother Dave tighter?

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2013

Why does he wish to be something he already is?

by Anonymousreply 609/09/2013

He's like some old diva who has a "farewell" tour every year. He couldn't come out if he was gay because all the hoopla about his sexuality would effectively end once and for all. Unless he went "ex-gay," but that is the territory of hasbeens and neverwases.

So to keep himself "relevant" he says crap like this. Over and over again. Given that more and more celebs are coming out now, his shtick has gotten stale a lot sooner than he expected it to, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 709/09/2013

That's nice James. Now go away.

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

I don't get that--"I wish I was gay."

It's 2013, it's not that difficult, just do it.

by Anonymousreply 1009/09/2013

Ya are, Blanche! Ya are!

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

But you aren't, Blanche. You aren't!

by Anonymousreply 1209/09/2013

Why doesn't this piece of shit just shut the fuck up? It's not the 90's anymore - being gay isn't shocking nowadays, so he can cut the stupid bullshit. Nobody finds his "am I or aren't I" shit shocking or interesting.

Plus, he's ugly now.

by Anonymousreply 1309/09/2013

I wish I was gay, too. But alas, I'm just a macho pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 1409/09/2013

He talks about "gay" almost as much as Rick Santorum and James Dobson. I wish they would all shut up.

by Anonymousreply 1509/09/2013

Like a bolt out of the blue Fate steps in and sees you through When you wish upon a star Your dreams come true

by Anonymousreply 1609/09/2013

I loved Jeff Ross's line at the Roast:

"I don't care if you fuck women or you fuck men. But you fucked me out of $12 for that Wizard of Oz movie!"

by Anonymousreply 1709/09/2013

Yeah, because that's hysterical, R17.

by Anonymousreply 1809/09/2013

"I wish I was gay"

You "wish you WERE gay," James.

by Anonymousreply 1909/09/2013

I have NEVER heard a straight guy say that he wishes he were gay. It would never happen.

by Anonymousreply 2009/09/2013

Within 5 years he'll have come out and transitioned to writing/directing. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 2109/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 2209/09/2013

Your wish is granted Jamesy boy.

Now go to sleep you sweet baby, and when you wake up...

by Anonymousreply 2309/09/2013

But ya are, Blanche, ya are!!!

by Anonymousreply 2409/10/2013

[quote]"I wish I was gay"

[quote]You "wish you WERE gay," James.

He's at Yale in the English Ph.D. program and yet he doesn't know the correct verb form to use.

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 2509/10/2013

No need for wishful thinking James.

by Anonymousreply 2609/10/2013

I agree with R20.

by Anonymousreply 2709/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 2809/10/2013

I wish I were an (Oscar) wiener!

by Anonymousreply 2909/10/2013

Calling Make-a-Wish foundation as I type

by Anonymousreply 3009/10/2013

So where's the "Mayer" R29?

by Anonymousreply 3109/10/2013

I can't believe he's still pulling this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3209/10/2013

Maybe he's acting as a human shield to keep the scent off his brother, Dave?

by Anonymousreply 3309/11/2013

Sucking cock

by Anonymousreply 3409/11/2013

[quote]"I wish I was gay"

I wish you weren't.

by Anonymousreply 3509/11/2013

[quote]Within 5 years he'll have come out and transitioned to writing/directing. Mark my words.

I could see that.

by Anonymousreply 3609/11/2013

Fuck off and die Franco. You ought to know how unlikeable you've become when you're seen as the douche in a feud with Anne Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 3709/11/2013

OMG, R34. It certainly appears that Mr. Franco can suck a mean cock. Made me hard...

by Anonymousreply 3809/11/2013

Didn't he drill Jake Gyllenhaal?

by Anonymousreply 3909/11/2013

That's no prosthetic... and yeah, he knows what he's doing...

Come on Michael Shannon, tell us if he spit or swallowed!

by Anonymousreply 4009/11/2013

[quote]Didn't he drill Jake Gyllenhaal?

No, R39. That was Henry Cavill and Bear Grylls.

by Anonymousreply 4109/11/2013

[quote]I have NEVER heard a straight guy say that he wishes he were gay. It would never happen.

I have a nephew who went through all of his teen years wanting to be gay. He wanted it so much that for the last several of his teen years he dated other males exclusively. I don't know if he ever actually had sex with other males.

It was only after several years of college following the same desire that he finally had an epiphany while making out with a male model at a club that if he really was gay, he should probably have a boner at that point.

That year he finally came out to the family as straight, and has had girl friends since then. Surprised the Hell out of us all.

Things aren't always so cut and dried as you think.

by Anonymousreply 4209/11/2013

Never happened R42. Let's review. Franco has had gay sex on film, he's a big fucking fruit. But he also knows English. "Condition contrary to fact" is the subjunctive tense. If he were not gay, he would have used the word "were" and said, "I wish I were gay." That is not what he said. He said "I wish I was gay" meaning he wishes that at some time in the past he had been gay, but it implies nothing about his current status.

by Anonymousreply 4309/11/2013

[quote]he finally had an epiphany while making out with a male model at a club that if he really was gay, he should probably have a boner at that point.

So how do closeted "gay" guys get it up to screw their wives and girlfriends?

by Anonymousreply 4409/11/2013

Let's make him gay!!

by Anonymousreply 4509/11/2013

[quote] I wish I was gay

Your wish is my command

by Anonymousreply 4609/11/2013

Ok let's put it out there ONCE and for all:

-James thought he was attracted to girls as a -teenager, but as he grew older his bi-curiosity was awaken, thus we are here.

-It's not that he's incapable of being with a woman. It's just that his attraction to men will keep on growing.

-I already said this before, somewhere around January of next year he'll meet a man, who I see, will become/or has the potential to be his life partner for this lifetime.

-This man is definitely ethnic: shorter, tanned skin, dark hair, same age group... I want to say Hispanic looking -ishh (Mexican?). I definitely see Spanish being spoken.

-I don't think sparks are going to fly at first, but this is more of a bond that develops as it goes on.

-I see a class room, they meet at school? Is he student? I don't get the feeling they are students in a classroom, but I see a school setting. Strange, maybe they meet during a lecture or something similar.

-There is a warning however, James has an almost compulsive need to act on his gut feeling. When he finally comes to terms with his feelings, there will be the temptation to press the other person into a corner. "Come On let's move in!Hurry! It cannot wait!" James needs to learn that patience is important when dealing with others. He must let the other person decide on their own.

-I get the feeling this other person is homely, definitely attached to his family (parents/siblings?) to the point where he may be a bit sheltered.

-My spirit guides tell me "James, go for the kill." lol But I feel like he needs to take it slow if he wants to save himself some major headaches. He needs to acknowledged the love and respect that a son may have for his parents/siblings.

-Other than that, I see a great happy partnership. Also, he will be father twice.

by Anonymousreply 4709/11/2013

[quote]Miss Cleo, high as a kite, but just as accurate!

Bitch, I thought you was dead!

by Anonymousreply 4809/11/2013

Dang. Fooled by another gif. Waited for the jizz long enough to be embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 4909/11/2013

I can't stand this closeted asshole or his shit eating grin.

by Anonymousreply 5009/11/2013

What never happened, R43? My nephew's wishing he was gay phase?

If so, you're just dead wrong.

I also really don't get the hatred that so many people here spew about Franco. But then I don't invest my own feelings of self-worth into the lives of celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 5109/11/2013

f42 if you're going to be an EST, your scenario has to actually be elaborate. As it is, it's just silly nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 5209/11/2013

I hate the "this never happened" troll.

by Anonymousreply 5309/11/2013

R20, I've heard it MaNY times. They think we get laid on a minute to minute basis, and they want that.

by Anonymousreply 5409/11/2013

I could make your WISH come TRUE!

by Anonymousreply 5509/11/2013

Only to moribund minds, R52.

Life is a broader experience than the "this never happened" basement dweller trolls can conceive.

by Anonymousreply 5609/11/2013

Quit trying to work your new vocab word into every single thread, moron r56.

by Anonymousreply 5709/11/2013

R44 Answer: it's called "fantasy".

by Anonymousreply 5809/11/2013

Sorry you had to look it up? R52/57.

I didn't.

by Anonymousreply 5909/11/2013

And yes, the question mark in R59 is a simple typo.

by Anonymousreply 6009/11/2013

Is the schlong he's sucking in that gif supposed to be fake or presented as real in the movie? It was so dark I couldn't tell.

by Anonymousreply 6109/11/2013

I did not have to look it up; I already knew the word before yesterday, that's how I know that you are shoehorning it in everywhere. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 6209/11/2013

James is ridiculously too much!

by Anonymousreply 6309/11/2013

In terms of the movie it is real R61, that is his character giving another character a blowjob.

In terms of reality it is James Franco thinking it is so cool and edgy to have him going to town on a dildo on film.

by Anonymousreply 6409/11/2013

I'm sure that's what he told you, R42. I'm also sure that it's not true.

by Anonymousreply 6509/11/2013

I wish I were at a hootenanny in Harlem!

by Anonymousreply 6609/11/2013

Loathe him!!!

by Anonymousreply 6709/11/2013

There is a long history behind this R42. For one thing, it has been an argument of right wing pundits for thirty years that people think it's "cool" to be gay and so straight people are living a lie as gay people. This is a big reason why they say sex education and equality for gays should not be taught in school. It fits in the "it's a phase" thinking of ex-gays and elderly parents. It also is extrapolated from young pre-pubescent children who think of the opposite sex as different and therefore carrying "cooties." It feeds their "arrested development" view of homosexuality as well.

In fact, this is not the case, even with the largely mythical "lesbians until graduation." First of all, there is still a social stigma attached to homosexuality that children absorb long before they reach puberty, so the idea that gay is a fashionable detour for adolescents is a non-starter. Even today, when gay people are more accepted than ever, you will not find a ten year old in the country who doesn't know that people see "fags" as something bad. There are people who like to be different. Being gay can satisfy that need for only a time, and some of them like to mix things up, prove they are more than just gay by falling in love with oppogender etc. These experiments never last and they are characterized by an excessive regard for drawing attention to their relationship.

But people who genuinely thought they were gay all along and turn out not to be - against all the negative social conditioning that kids absorb even today - well, that's not happening. Not yet. It will be a long time before anything like that happens.

by Anonymousreply 6809/11/2013

For all practical purposes he is admitting that he is by saying this. I have never known any straight man so preoccupied by homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 6909/11/2013

But he's not your normal straight guy down the block. He's an attention whore actor who had a B-level (at best) career until he decided to be 'different' and become this gay obsessed "artiste".

You have to admit he's be able to rebrand himself as a wannabe intellectual and it's been widely successful as far as his career is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 7009/11/2013

R70 Good point. He might be doing a lot of this for attention too. I still feel if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck its a duck.

by Anonymousreply 7109/11/2013

that makes two of us

by Anonymousreply 7209/11/2013

R62, though I've known the word since grade school, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've used it on Datalounge, and I certainly haven't used it on any other thread currently running.

Every single one of your assumptions has been wrong.

Since it's so important to you to make yourself feel better by degrading others, by all means have the last word with another silly insult. I'm sure it will help you ... compensate.

by Anonymousreply 7309/11/2013

[quote]But people who genuinely thought they were gay all along and turn out not to be - against all the negative social conditioning that kids absorb even today - well, that's not happening. Not yet. It will be a long time before anything like that happens.

R68, I learned long ago that life is not made up of absolutes. Your analysis may be seen as being generally accurate, but to try apply it to every single person in every single case is wrong.

As far as my nephew goes, he is still young and his sexual identity may still evolve. I realize that it is possible that he is now going through a "straight phase," and in time he may come to consider himself bisexual or even gay again. But the fact that he wanted to be gay during high school and dated other males, and now believes that his desire had created a false sexuality remains a fact.

by Anonymousreply 7409/11/2013

Looks like the Nephew Troll has sucked the life out of yet another DL thread...

by Anonymousreply 7509/11/2013

What about Dave?

by Anonymousreply 7609/11/2013

Dave is dreamy. I'd love to see what he's packing.

by Anonymousreply 7709/11/2013

Haven't he and Vince been together for like a DECADE? Vince "had" a baby and I saw pics on his facebook of James holding the baby in the hospital, wearing a baseball cap. I just always assumed that those two were like...married.

Whatever floats his boat. I find his movies/him annoying.

by Anonymousreply 7809/11/2013

Yeah, what's up with the Vince thing? I think I read some gossip that while Vince and Franco were together for years (lived together, moved to new cities together, even when Franco was in that phony baloney relationship with Ahna O'Reilly), they had an open relationship, but Vince was controlling and jealous. Not sure how much of that was true, but I never doubted for a second that V & J were a couple.

Now Vince has this baby...?

by Anonymousreply 7909/11/2013

Nobody's imagination is that good, r58.

by Anonymousreply 8009/11/2013

Perez Hilton did a blind item in 2006 of James Franco being gay it was before he was over exposed as an artsy-fartsy guy and was known more for being mysterious James Dean type actor:

What seemingly cockolded British actor doesn't have to worry? Sources tell that his slutty girlfriend is just friends with her co-cater who happens to be gay!!!Yes,Frankly, we are a bit shocked by this revalation too but multiple sources closed to the hunky actor confirmed this news to us,- and what more- they tell us that his boyfriend is staying with him in Canada,where they are filming. Now things make even more sense!This sluttly gf has bearded a closet actor in the past.

British actor: Jude Law Slutty gf:Sienna Miller

Subject of the blind item: James Franco The actor the slutty bf bearded in the past:Hyden Christenson

by Anonymousreply 8109/11/2013

He was somewhat interesting when he first came on the scene but everything about him seems phony.

by Anonymousreply 8209/12/2013

Yes, he is exceedingly pretentious and not nearly worth the amount or the type of attention he thinks he is.

But the point here is, what the fuck does he mean by "I wish I was gay"? He considers himself bisexual, but he dances around labeling of any kind, right?

by Anonymousreply 8309/12/2013

He doesnt consider himself bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 8409/13/2013

What does he consider himself, R84, and how do you know?

by Anonymousreply 8509/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!