Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fraus ENRAGED that GMOs are the single cause of their LEAKY GUTS!!!

"Could GMOs be behind your digestive problems? The incidence of leaky gut is on the rise since they were introduced into our food. Leaky gut is linked to immune reactions, digestive problems, food sensitivities, allergies, and more... Read this article to find out how you can change your diet to find out if GMOs are the cause. Don't forget to check your vitamins, supplements, and prescription meds!"

Curiously, most of the male commenters on the thread think the women are batshit hysterical. Could it be because of magical-thinking bullshit like this?

"I quit eating GMO foods and my food allergies and intestinal problems have almost completely disappeared!!! If I ate regular popcorn it would LITERALLY MAKE ME THROW UP, but I can eat organic corn with zero issues!!!"

by Anonymousreply 5609/13/2013

Is there an actual website instead of a stupid Facebook page?

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2013

are they in cheerios? i almost bought some today.

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

Digestive problems have existed throughout history. Decode an ancient language and you will find ample complaints of bloating, belching, nausea, heaving, flatulence, constipation, diarrhea, cramps, heartburn, ulcers, dysphasia, reflux, parasites and malabsorption.

The very fact that people are complaining about leaky gut and not about ulcers shows you what a difference 30 years makes. When I first worked in hospitals, we were flooded with people suffering from ulcers in spring and autumn. Why those times of year? Dunno. The treatment? Something called a Sippy Diet. The patient was not allowed to eat or drink anything except alternating a few ounces of milk and cream. This was supposed to neutralize stomach acid. It did no such thing.

Later, the milk and cream was changed to Mylanta and Maalox. Still didn't cure ulcers. But Prilosec and Prevacid did. I never worried about getting overweight because I suffered bouts of ulcers so frequently that I went through periods when I couldn't eat anything because my stomach was so painful.

Notice obesity started after ulcer disease was pretty much ko'd by antibiotics and proton pump inhibitors. Also, the reduction of smoking led to a decrease in ulcers, too. And an increase in eating as people replaced cigarettes with junk food, candy and fast food. I see people on datalounge moaning about how they just ate a whole bag of candy. It was unheard of 30 years ago for an adult to buy and eat a bag of candy. Even candy bars weren't on the menu for most adults. But now everyone wants their "snack." Adults having snacks! I never heard of or saw such a thing growing up. Adults didn't snack, they smoked. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes.

I'd like to send these leaky gut and gluten intolerant people back in time 40 years and see how they cope.

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

dysphasia

Dysphagia -- fuck you, ghost of Steve Jobs.

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2013

Was there a public service booth at Michfest to address their leaky guts?

by Anonymousreply 909/10/2013

I have no problem with people quietly (QUIETLY) attempting to figure out what makes their body feel its best. I myself think I am gluten intolerant and I try to eat a mostly plant based diet, though I do have dairy every day.

When people start to preach that their way of living is THE way for everyone, thats when I think problems really begin.

by Anonymousreply 1209/10/2013

r14, you left out celiac disease.

by Anonymousreply 1509/10/2013

Leaky Gut has been known in the holistic medicine community for decades; it is not a "frau thing". You could have found this on any alternative medicine site.

Honestly, don't you have anything better to do with yourself than haunt frau websites and pick dirt up to carry back to DL and bitch about?

by Anonymousreply 1609/10/2013

[quote]When people start to preach that their way of living is THE way for everyone, thats when I think problems really begin.

No, the problems starts when the person decides that NO ONE shall eat anything THEY cannot eat near them or even SPEAK of such blasphemy in their presence.

People constantly wanting attention by listing their various "diseases" and making sure everyone else around them is just as miserable as they are - those are the people I can't stand.

And you'd better believe that most of these people scream at the top of their lungs about any issue they have. Most of them are nothing more than attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 1809/10/2013

Sorry, [R16], but that warm fuzzy bullshit misleadingly called Holistic "Medicine" is the textbook definition of a "frau thing". Just more nonsensical magical thinking.

by Anonymousreply 1909/11/2013

The favorite maladies of crazy women--

Headaches

by Anonymousreply 2209/11/2013

R20, I'm impressed by your calm and sane approach to a post you disagree with.

We need more of you online.

by Anonymousreply 2309/11/2013

You know you have a frau disease when you need to "raise awareness" of it in other people.

by Anonymousreply 2409/11/2013

I'm feeling frauish right now, I went for a run and came back starving so I ate leftover taco meat with rice and pigeon peas and my guts are having a fit!

by Anonymousreply 2509/11/2013

In plain English, will some one please explain to me, like I'm a 10 yr. old, WTF is a "leaky gut."

by Anonymousreply 2609/11/2013

I'm pretty sure "leaky gut" is simply a nicer way of saying "sharting."

by Anonymousreply 2709/11/2013

Let's ask starving children in developing countries (who won't starve to death because of GMOs) what they think of these fat fucks in the United States and Europe.

Some people PRAY to have leaky gut disease or celiac or whateverthefuck.

by Anonymousreply 2809/11/2013

[quote]GMO's are toxic - laced with diseases we don't even know of yet.

FALSE FLAG!!! FALSE FLAG!!!

by Anonymousreply 3009/11/2013

No, really, seriously, wtf are GMOs??

by Anonymousreply 3109/11/2013

Most of the people I know who complain about GERD are men.

Lupus is not a frau disease. It has a rather clear set of symptoms rather than ones that can be made up to suit someone's neuroses. Furthermore, it is diagnosed through laboratory tests. It's not like someone goes into a doctor's office and says "I'm tender to the touch" and the doctor says they have lupus and writes a script for a bullshit med just so they can move on to another patient.

Finally, lupus often leads to organ failure and/or cancer. When fraus pick a disease to diagnose themselves with so they can make excuses for their behavior, they generally don't pick ones that are almost certainly fatal.

Also, who the fuck is developing Toxic Shock Syndrome beyond 12 year old girls who don't know they shouldn't leave tampons in over night?

by Anonymousreply 3209/11/2013

GMO = genetically modified organism; in this case, genetically modified food. The "leaky gut" idea is that GMOs cause micro-punctures in the digestive system. Considering all of the garbage human beings have eaten and survived, I don't know if there's anything to this. I suppose we just have to sit back wait for the scary mutations to show up . . . or not.

by Anonymousreply 3309/11/2013

[quote]In plain English, will some one please explain to me, like I'm a 10 yr. old, WTF is a "leaky gut."

Leaky Gut Syndrome is supposedly a condition where the lining of the digestive tract is damaged and inflamed allowing various substances in the fecal matter to pass directly into your bloodstream, and is blamed for causing a variety of infirmities.

GMO crops are hardly the sole suspect on the list. Some of the foods long thought to be healthy by the granola and wheatgrass crowd are now blamed for causing leaky gut. Grains and legumes contain high levels of lectins (you can Google that one yourself) which are supposed to damage the intestinal lining.

I'm agnostic on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 3409/11/2013

Oh. Okay, then.

Thank you, R33.

by Anonymousreply 3509/11/2013

Is restless leg syndrome a real disease? This one frau that my bf works with claims to have it, and according to him, she has called out sick because of it on several occasions. She posted pics on FB this summer of her hiking trip in NJ with her husband and kids. My bf jokes that her restless leg syndrome seems to act up when there's a lot of work to do.

by Anonymousreply 3609/11/2013

[quote]You know you have a frau disease when you need to "raise awareness" of it in other people.

This. It's not that the disease isn't real; it's that the social movement behind it is about so much more than curing it. Social acceptance, projection of anxiety/control issues, solidarity, etc.

Food-haters like the people who stop eating a specific food type for no discernible reason except for its theoretical and scientifically weak ties to the Frau Malady Du Jour are mostly people looking to blame their self-made problems, like obesity, on something external by demonizing a specific food type. It's not that they can't stop eating Twinkies - it's THE SUGAR!!!! or whatever. That's what I see here. I'm not saying GMOs are without problems, but this level of hysteria is unwarranted.

by Anonymousreply 3709/11/2013

[R36] Restless Legs Syndrome CAN be a bona fide disorder, but like so many of these things, it seems like 95% of cases are self-diagnosed. Real RLS is a motor dysfunction related to impaired dopamine transmission, not unlike Parkinson's Disease. In fact, many of the same medications are used to treat both. There is sometimes also an overlap with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, which was previously, and more appropriately called Nocturnal Myclonus. This can affect both arms and legs and is much more closely related to a mild convulsive disorder. Certain mainline anticonvulsant meds, as well as occasionally the benzodiazepeines with strong anticonvulsant properties (Valium, Klonipin, Ativan, possibly Tranxene or Librium if the others are not tolerated) are used as treatment for it.

Either and/or both can be diagnosed properly by polysomnography (a sleep study) by the data collected both from transitional EEG and the EMG leads placed on the limbs, and is usually corroborated by video surveillance footage of the testing period.

If this woman is missing work because of RLS, she is not treating it. If she had been properly diagnosed, treatment would have been offered and generally encouraged as poor sleep is detrimental to overall health. It sounds like she's a self-diagnosed (maybe not intentional) bullshitter. These are not esoteric conditions and have been effectively treated for quite some time now. Could she still be affected? Sure. But until she gets a proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment, she won't begin to feel any better. Just complaining about "my [insert disorder here]" to anyone who will listen and making it your go to excuse for everything in life is what you generally see with the self-diagnosers. It becomes an identity for them and I think causes a good number to (at least subconsciously) avoid formal diagnosis out of the fear that this identity may be stripped away from them.

by Anonymousreply 4009/12/2013

Doesn't RLS just interfere with a good night's sleep? Why would someone need to call in sick to work?

by Anonymousreply 4109/12/2013

That's the point. She should not be calling out due to RLS. while rare cases can be severe enough to prevent any sleep at all, you would still drag yourself into work. If it persists after a few days, see a doctor and start getting help. If not, then you are by default just bullshitting.

by Anonymousreply 4209/12/2013

I forgot to mention that I had RLS and I had my thyroid checked. I discovered I was hypothyroid so my doctor put me on synthroid. No more restless leg syndrome. You should all get your thyroid checked because after Fukushima ALL of our food is fucked because it has already settled on the ground and there are radiation levels in all dairy and plant products, not to mention the radioactive fish. I can't emphasize this enough-get your thyroid checked for abnormally high thyroid stimulating hormone levels.

by Anonymousreply 4409/12/2013

Wait, you're not supposed to leave your tampon in over night?

by Anonymousreply 4509/12/2013

People with restless leg syndrome might find a magnesium supplement helpful.

Magnesium also helps with cramps and stress.

by Anonymousreply 4609/12/2013

[R46] Magnesium deficiency can result in muscle cramping. It really should be noted, though, that Nocturnal Leg Cramps andRLS are separate entities (and each carries it's own diagnosis code. There is likely some overlap between the two, though, as with PLMD. The real detrimental impact on sleep comes from the frequent arousals caused by the leg movements, as opposed to the discomfort from the cramping. That said, iron deficiency is fairly common in sufferers of both Nocturnal Leg Cramps and RLS. Iron supplementation has been seen to lessen the discomfort (though not to eliminate it altogether) in quite a large number of RLS patients who are also iron deficient. Indiscriminate supplementation is not as safe as the public at large believes it to be, though. Have a serum iron, ferritin, and serum magnesium run and from there it can be determined to what degree you need to supplement. This should be repeated from time to time to ensure you do not reach toxic levels of either in your body.

by Anonymousreply 4909/12/2013

R51, what do you mean? Should we spray our legs with it? Or is it edible?

My uncle actually used to spray WD-40 on his arthritic knees and ankles, he swore it worked better than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 5209/13/2013

Spray it topically, R52. You can buy it online or make it

by Anonymousreply 5409/13/2013

[quote] but I finally solved it by starting out with organic probiotics at 100 billion per day. Once I killed off the bad bacteria in my system

Probiotics do not kill bacteria.

by Anonymousreply 5509/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.