Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New Gmail "Compose" pop-up box

It just disconnects your message from the one you might be replying to. Can someone tell me why they bothered to do this?

Is there some way to turn that off and just use the prior interface?

by Anonymousreply 1509/15/2013

We need to deVELop! We need to CHANGE! We need to JUStify our exISTence!

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2013

It's really terrible.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2013

Switch to ... you'll be glad you did.

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

I don't use Gmail anymore. All of their changes have been terrible. All of them.

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

Agreed - I found this latest change to be unusually awkward and pointless. Nothing was wrong with the way it was.

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2013

I really don't like anything Microsoft, but when they redid Outlook email it looked so nice I grabbed my name there.

The new Gmail interface is so bad it has me thinking of switching to Outlook -- and I've had Gmail since 2005.

by Anonymousreply 609/09/2013

It is terrible. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates it.

by Anonymousreply 709/09/2013

Not sure I get the compose thing either. However, I saw that Google Wallet is coming, which seems like a great idea - that you can send and receive money through it.

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

They think it's cool. Scared the shit out of me the first time around. I don't send much email, but If i do, It's very foreign to me.

by Anonymousreply 909/09/2013

Agreed. It sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1009/09/2013

Seriously, if you haven't checked it out before, is pretty damn good.

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

There are 3 little dots there. If you click on them it shows the message you're replying to.

by Anonymousreply 1209/09/2013

They've routinely fucked up Google Docs and Drive over the last year or two. Sometimes after a while, they "fix" it (by either going back to what it used to do, or just fixing the problem they introduced), but it's been annoying enough that it's put me off Google Docs entirely.

I kinda wish work would switch to Office web apps. They're much better at this point.

by Anonymousreply 1309/10/2013

I have sometimes found that when sending emails from Gmail to Outlook, the formatting is fucked up when it arrives in Outlook. Although, it looks perfect in my sent mail.

This happened with simple things, like bolding. You would have thought this wouldn't be a problem with email in 2013.

Is this why they did that? Does the compose pop-up box use a more reliable formatting engine? Perhaps this is why they had to disconnect it from all the crap that came before in Gmail.

by Anonymousreply 1409/15/2013

There's an extension for Chrome to go back to 'old compose'. Instructions are on Lifehacker. Sorry too lazy to find you the link.

by Anonymousreply 1509/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!