Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Republican Gay Men

What do we think of them?

by Anonymousreply 11609/19/2013

They`re better than other gay men.

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2013

If they are openly gay and do not support Republican candidates who harm gay people in anyway through legislature, and they really seek out Republican candidates who are pro-gay in every way, then I have no opinion on them. If they support Republicans with anti-gay platforms, then I think there is a breakdown somewhere with their character.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2013

I hate them all.

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

Most I have met are self-loathing, less than attractive, Daddy-issued, small penised, assholes who always say they are tops because they think it may be less gay. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

They can suck it!

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2013

We think they're selfish, self-absorbed, ignorant idiots who vote against their own ideas, most likely due to daddy-issues.

They're either racist, misogynist, sociopathic, or some combination of the above.

by Anonymousreply 709/09/2013

[quote] Republicans by and large couldn't give a fuck less if someone is gay

Spoken like a delusional, willfully ignorant tool.

[quote]They infiltrate both parties.

More delusion. Almost completely unsupportable with any evidence.

All the problems in this country... from religious persecution to economic stupidity... come from the Republican Party.

Any gay man supporting them is an idiot, brainwashed and damaged. Or just plain evil.

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

R8, have you forgotten the black Christian anti-gays?

by Anonymousreply 909/09/2013

The GOP is slowly moving to be more gay friendly. When they finally are (which I predict will be in about 10-15 years), expect a lot of gay men to start voting Republican. If you think most rich white gay men give a shit about poor people, you're delusional. The only thing that keeps them voting Democrat are the homophobic elements of the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 1009/09/2013

R10, outside of the religious factions, Republicans are gay friendly now.

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

we hate them

by Anonymousreply 1209/09/2013

Right now, I'm a poor, white gay person and I care about poor people. But, when I'm rich, white gay person - watch out baby! Homeless, schmomeless!

by Anonymousreply 1309/09/2013

"When they finally are (which I predict will be in about 10-15 years)"

Surely, you meant 25 years.

"outside of the religious factions, Republicans are gay friendly now."

The religious folks are at least 2/3 of the Republican base. I live in the South, so I should know.

by Anonymousreply 1509/09/2013

I care about poor people. I work with and for poor people. Gay is the most important thing to me.

by Anonymousreply 1609/09/2013

I think many of them are the type that just like to be "contrarion" to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 1709/09/2013

Selfish idiots

by Anonymousreply 1809/09/2013

[quote]they really seek out Republican candidates who are pro-gay in every way

Who does that possibly describe? In 99.99% of elections, the republican candidate is anti-marriage equality. Only in the bluest of blue states will you find pro-gay republicans. Chris Christie is a moderate Republican in a blue state and even he's against marriage equality. You might find a fiscally conservative, socially liberal Republican in a local race in an urban and/or highly-educated district, but they're rare, and will change their stripes the second their star begins rising towards the national stage.

In answer to OP's question: I think they are usually some combination of dumb, delusional, self-loathing, homophobic, greedy, materialistic and sociopathic. I think anyone who values lower taxes over their own right to live openly without fear of reprisal is mentally ill, or worse.

by Anonymousreply 1909/09/2013

They are the scum of the earth. End of thread

by Anonymousreply 2009/09/2013

[quote]it's the religious freaks you should be concerned with. They infiltrate both parties.

Please describe the religious freaks who have allegedly infiltrated the Democratic Party. What denomination(s) are they and what Democratic Party initiatives are they responsible for?

by Anonymousreply 2209/09/2013

They tend to be racist / classist / narcissistic assholes. But other than that...

by Anonymousreply 2309/09/2013

[quote] Please describe the religious freaks who have allegedly infiltrated the Democratic Party.

Black Christians.

by Anonymousreply 2409/09/2013

They need to be slapped viciously!!!

by Anonymousreply 2509/09/2013

Mentally disturbed. And yet R24, they overwhelmingly support/ vote for Liberals. So your point is quite silly.

by Anonymousreply 2609/09/2013

R26 - uh? Overwhelmingly support/vote for liberals?

I think you're making that up.

by Anonymousreply 2709/09/2013

NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

by Anonymousreply 2809/09/2013

Uh, R27. You might be a little confused. Who on Earth do you think they're voting for? Are you from the United States?

by Anonymousreply 2909/09/2013

Republican gay men are like abused wives:

"If I just try a little harder, then they'll like me better and they won't beat me."

by Anonymousreply 3009/09/2013

R27, you conveniently ignored the second part of my question:

[quote]and what Democratic Party initiatives are they responsible for?

Tell us, in what ways do "Black Christians" have any real impact on the Democratic Party platform, which already includes support for equal marriage and reproductive rights?

The poster I responded to is a freeper troll trying to paint both parties with the same broad strokes. "Religious freaks" probably exist in every political party, but the only major one they've hijacked in the US is the Republican Party, as anyone with a brain can tell. I can't think of a single plank or position in the Democratic Party that bears any influence from any particular religion, unless you consider secular humanism a religion.

by Anonymousreply 3109/09/2013

[quote]R10, outside of the religious factions, Republicans are gay friendly now.

Even more delusion from R11.

by Anonymousreply 3209/09/2013

[quote]And aside from gay issues, many gay men couldn't tell you any substantive differences between the two parties anyway.

Wow, are you full of shit. If you think that's the case, you're a complete idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3309/09/2013

[quote]The only reason Republicans are "evil" is because they have not been fully gay supportive.

R14, you have your head so far up your ass you can't see shit.

They are EVIL for a whole host of reasons that go beyond their blatant racism, misogyny, homophobia, & xenophobia. That go beyond their constant fear-mongering, war-mongering, hypocrisy, and blatant lies. That go beyond their persecution of poor people, contempt for the sick and unemployed, and their systemic corruption of the system. There's also their vile environmental policies that foul our air and water and food, for example. Or their contempt for Constitutional voting rights. Or their desire to subjugate working people into nothing more than 'wage-slaves' that prop up the 1% in their uber-wealth.

Jesus, how clueless do you have to be to think that it's only the "anti-gay thing" that prevents gay people with brains from voting Republican?

by Anonymousreply 3409/09/2013

Bravo, R34! That was so well said!

by Anonymousreply 3509/09/2013

[quote]many gay men couldn't tell you any substantive differences between the two parties anyway.

The Republican Party serves corporate interests and the interests of wealthy people. They suppress minority voters and appeal mostly to white social conservatives, and have gerrymandered districts to ensure legislative majorities that don't reflect the actual populations they serve. They've duped many poor white people into voting against their own interests by preying on fears that revolve around race, violence, old-time religion and (perceived) sexual immorality. Their overriding agenda appears to be making the rich get richer while screwing the middle class and leaving the poor to die.

The Democratic Party is the party of labor and working people. They encourage voting among all and seek to make the electoral process easier and more direct. They work to unite people across race and economic lines to foster a society that works for us all. They support personal rights and freedoms like reproductive rights, marriage equality and fair access to healthcare and public education. Their overriding agenda appears to be obtaining social justice and equality for all of us, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or economic status.

by Anonymousreply 3609/09/2013

In other words, R37, you just got schooled. It will be OK. I'm so happy R34/36 did the schooling so well. People really need to read what he/she wrote.

by Anonymousreply 3809/09/2013

I have never voted Republican and doubt I ever will. Still, demonizing Republicans or any political opponents is really childish. As someone who supports the Green Party on most issues, I find that, overall, there is barely a hairsbreadth of a difference between most of the policies and practices of the two mainstream parties.

by Anonymousreply 3909/09/2013

We should out them all wherever we find them.

by Anonymousreply 4009/09/2013

A bit self loathing.

by Anonymousreply 4109/09/2013

[quote] they really seek out Republican candidates who are pro-gay in every way,

No such thing anymore.

The two parties are very different (R36 sums it up nicely) though the American people, in their wisdom, never let either one of them get enough power to get much done. The Republicans believe compromise is treason so there is no middle ground.

by Anonymousreply 4209/09/2013

R32, I am a gay republican. Please tell us your direct experience with republicans outside of what you have been instructed to believe,

by Anonymousreply 4309/09/2013

Dogshit on your shoe, Republican men = same thing

by Anonymousreply 4409/09/2013

I don't vote Republican, R42, so they can do what they like. I just don't associate with them.

by Anonymousreply 4509/09/2013

It can be hot when you get a repressed one, get him alone, and show him what he's been missing. They get freaky when they finally let loose. Run for the hills afterward though, before they start hating themselves again. It gets bad for a while afterwards. You can come around again once they've had time to build up more repressed horniness.

by Anonymousreply 4609/09/2013

I think of them the exact same thing I think about Republican straight men.

by Anonymousreply 4709/09/2013

R43, the vast majority of gay republicans I know of are racist (most admittedly so, some blatantly racist but who deny it at every turn, thinking they're "normal" and "just stating facts"). Many are deeply misogynist. Almost all have some sort of daddy issues (Daddy was a right-wing republican, and they're basically trying to buy his love by voting Republican and saying "See Daddy? I'm not like THOSE fags! LOVE ME!!")

Any remaining ones are just selfish, self-absorbed, short-sighted greedy tools who love money more than they love any human being, let alone themselves.

by Anonymousreply 4809/09/2013

R48=Truth!

by Anonymousreply 4909/09/2013

Closeted Republican racists LOVE to role play "Slave's Revenge" scenarios. I live in DC, trust me, I get requests like that all the time. It's so weird.

by Anonymousreply 5009/09/2013

I tend to agree that the GOP will come around on gay issues fairly quickly, once the vote-getting potential of gay-baiting dies out.

And when they do, I likewise think that a whole lot of us will start voting Republican, sad to say.

by Anonymousreply 5109/09/2013

Just like the GOP has come around on voting rights.

by Anonymousreply 5209/09/2013

This thread demonstrates nothing other than that people love to feel self-righteous. Democrats: good. Republicans: evil.

by Anonymousreply 5309/09/2013

[quote]This thread demonstrates nothing other than that people love to feel self-righteous. Democrats: good. Republicans: evil.

Only a person without principles could say that.

by Anonymousreply 5409/09/2013

Yes, the modern GOP has truly proven themselves to be embracing "change".

by Anonymousreply 5609/09/2013

R56, you and your ilk post that garbage constantly. It's utter bullshit and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 5709/09/2013

[quote]The minute the Republican Party embraces gay marriage, over half the gay community will turn Republican

Wrong.

This is a fantasy that Gay Republicans must tell themselves to help them live with their horrible political choices.

[quote]Gays, on average, make more money than other communities.

A myth that was disproved years ago, but even so, gay men ALSO have more empathy for others, and thus don't make all their decisions based on "how can I screw other people out of what they have and make myself as rich as possible".

[quote]Most gay men are racist and misogonistic.

You appear to desperately want to believe that... maybe to justify your own racism and misogyny?

by Anonymousreply 5809/09/2013

If you read what the posters above have written about republicans in general, people they do not even know, the vitriol alone should help you make up your mind. The hate is hard to fathom sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 5909/09/2013

The hate is hard to fathom? A party that uses gay bashing as a means of riling up voters? That actively works to suppress our rights? You are stupid enough to be a Republican and not realize what your party is actually all about. Hint: It's not "Freedom" or "America"

by Anonymousreply 6009/09/2013

Yes, how dare these dirty homosexuals malign the good character of those homophobes in the GOP who wish nothing more than to legislate them out of existence! How very DARE they?

by Anonymousreply 6109/09/2013

I don't understand why gay people pride themselves on hating others. I thought only bigots did that.

by Anonymousreply 6209/09/2013

I don't understand why Jews pride themselves on hating Nazis. I thought only Nazis did that.

by Anonymousreply 6309/09/2013

Individual Republicans are not hated personally, but for what they stand for.

by Anonymousreply 6409/09/2013

[quote]I don't understand why gay people pride themselves on hating others. I thought only bigots did that.

I can't stand when ignorant fucktards conflate actual bigotry with reaction to bigotry.

Intolerance of intolerance is not bigotry, it's intelligence.

Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.

by Anonymousreply 6509/09/2013

R60... the hate Republicans have for gay people is hard to fathom. The hate gay people have for Republicans is perfectly easy to understand, and quite justified.

Stop being an idiot. Stop with the false equivalencies. Learn the difference between action and reaction.

by Anonymousreply 6609/09/2013

I find it interesting that R64 posted at R39 claiming to not be a Republican but a Green Party supporter.

Very curious.

by Anonymousreply 6709/09/2013

[quote]The hate Republicans have for LGBTs comes from one source, and one source only: organized religion

That's the main source, but the other source is pure misogyny. Republicans believe in Straight White Male dominance... and gay men are "less than" because they "lower themselves" in "behaving" like women. In their eyes, that makes them "weak", and thus contemptible.

It doesn't ALL come from religion.

by Anonymousreply 6809/09/2013

When Republicans get called out for their bigotry, greed, and religious lunacy, they cry about being hated and treated unfairly. It is a very old trick, but it doesn't work any more.

by Anonymousreply 6909/09/2013

[quote]The hate Republicans have for LGBTs comes from one source, and one source only: organized religion.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. In many cases religion only legitimizes hate that's already there. That's why some religions are twisted into anti-gay positions in the first place

by Anonymousreply 7009/09/2013

Yes it does R71, the religion of masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 7109/09/2013

R70, R39 is an idiot... spreading the patently false notion that the parties aren't different. I mean, read this with a straight face:

[quote]As someone who supports the Green Party on most issues, I find that, overall, there is barely a hairsbreadth of a difference between most of the policies and practices of the two mainstream parties.

Anyone who believes that is not a liberal, an environmentalist, or a progressive... let alone a Green. They're just fucking stupid.

Or more likely, a Republican trying to "catfish" people by claiming to be something they're not.

by Anonymousreply 7209/09/2013

But modern religion and patriarchal attitudes are closely entwined, R71. Don't act like one doesn't come from the other and vice-versa. Yes, there are liberal churches, but they aren't the ones pulling strings in the GOP. Old time, fire-and-brimstone religions, even recast with smiling, gym-built pastors in mega-churches full of college-educated church-goers, are what fuel the GOP today. Religion is a huge part of it, especially reactionary forms of religion.

by Anonymousreply 7409/09/2013

Oh, come on. To hate someone you don't even know for the color of his skin or his sexual orientation is reprehensible. But to hate someone who wants you dead is completely something else.

by Anonymousreply 7509/09/2013

I'm not sure the hate existed before Christianity etc.... There were ancient ( Pre-colonial) societies that allowed same-sex marriages. Same sex relations were perceived as normal sexual behavior.

by Anonymousreply 7609/09/2013

I agree totally with your last paragraph, R75. I just find it hilarious that one can claim to be a (literal) disinterested 3rd party, but spend the rest of the thread posting the most ridiculously partisan claptrap.

I know actual Green Party members. Most of them acknowledge that the Democrats are, by far, the lesser of two evils, but an "evil" they can't abide nonetheless. I disagree with them but as a liberal I understand its a matter of degrees more than ideology. None of them claim the parties are the same across the board. They might argue that the Democrats have become just as corporatist as the Republicans, but none would claim the two parties are identical. Even the Greens admit the Democrats are far better on social issues.

The only morons I EVER hear parroting the "both parties are THE SAME" canard are libertarians. They love to repeat that lie and they repeat it often. Then they head right to the voting booth and vote straight Republican.

by Anonymousreply 7709/09/2013

Do not wipe well at all

by Anonymousreply 7809/09/2013

R56 Indeed, now some centre-right parties have embraced gay marriage, like the UK Conservative Party or the New Zealand Nationals they have gained significant gay support. NZ National PM John Key has attended gay pride. In the UK a recent Pink News Poll showed 47% of gay voters wanted David Cameron to be PM compared to only 42% for Labour leader Ed Miliband

by Anonymousreply 7909/09/2013

But what I wrote doesn't make what R71 wrote untrue. What he/she said about hierarchies is very true.

by Anonymousreply 8009/09/2013

Conservatives don't believe in equality at all... they believe in Hierarchy:

Men over women

Straights over gays

Whites over Blacks

Rich over poor

etc.

by Anonymousreply 8109/10/2013

Greedy cunts

by Anonymousreply 8209/10/2013

It's not rage, R87, but thanks for the smug arrogance.

And it's not just anti-gay stuff (as pointed out specifically and clearly many times above... did you even read the thread?).

If you're republican, then you're part of the problem. You're allowing yourself to be lied to, used, and abused. Brainwashed even.

Never before has there been a party so consistently wrong, such consistent failures, and so consistently on the wrong side of history, as the current Republican Party. For 40 years they've been screwing this country over, and you've been voting for it? Shame on you.

YOU are the one being used. The rest of us are annoyed by your obliviousness and cluelessness.

by Anonymousreply 8409/10/2013

Right, we're the ones being used and manipulated while you have your DVR set for the O'Reilly Factor.

by Anonymousreply 8509/10/2013

Actually, I'm watching various news channels today with "a party so consistently wrong, such consistent failures, and so consistently on the wrong side of history" doing its thing.

by Anonymousreply 8609/10/2013

Conservatives: opposed banning slavery, opposed breaking away from the British, opposed giving women the right to vote, opposed giving black people civil rights, opposed gay marriage, opposed social security (the single most successful and effective government program ever), and supported the Iraq War.

Wrong on ALL counts.

The last time Republicans had all three branches of government, the economy crashed hard and our reputation on the world stage was all but destroyed. The Bush administration was a cluster-fuck of EPIC proportions. It also saw one of the largest transfers of wealth from the working poor and middle class to the ultra rich ever.

There is not one single issue that the Republican party is "better" than the Democratic party on. Period.

by Anonymousreply 8709/10/2013

R87 --

Would you describe yourself as a Christian, God-fearing, church-going and all that?

I am trying to understand how a religious person comes to believe that Jesus was a conservative.

I know you have not said so per se, but by implication a conservative, Republican, Christian would have to make that assumption or not be following the teachings and wisdom of your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, yes?

Please share if you are comfortable doing so.

by Anonymousreply 8809/10/2013

[quote]There are probably 100 million Republican and -leaning people in this country.

Registered Democrats far outnumber registered Republicans. Don't try and cast the whole country as a GOP stronghold. It is not. They have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.

by Anonymousreply 9509/10/2013

R93 asserts and obvious and blatant lie (refuted many times in this very thread) in order to keep believing a lie they want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 9609/10/2013

R95, and that somebody is apparently you.

by Anonymousreply 9709/10/2013

R98 can repeat that hilarious lie all they want, but it won't make it true.

Just because you desperately want something to be true, does not make it so.

Just because you repeat the same lie over and over, that doesn't make it true.

Seriously... what is with Conservatives?

by Anonymousreply 9809/10/2013

Oh stop with your BS. I support equality for all people not just gays. Unlike Republicans, Liberals are fully aware that anything that benefits the poor benefits us all. If we improve the standard of living of the poor it would improve the standard of living for us all. Republicans are a bunch of sociopaths who get off on the suffering of others.

by Anonymousreply 9909/10/2013

I will never vote Republican because I am liberal to the core.

by Anonymousreply 10009/10/2013

[quote]They infiltrate both parties.

No, nothing is more extreme than a right-wing-nut, Nobody.

by Anonymousreply 10109/10/2013

R103 Since when has high taxes benefited the poor? America is not perfect, but it has generated one of the highest standards of living for its average citizen of any society in history

by Anonymousreply 10209/13/2013

[quote]Gays...I'm gonna saaayyy iitttt.

Could you be more condescending, trollina?

by Anonymousreply 10509/14/2013

You're a troll

by Anonymousreply 10709/19/2013

Out them all. Starting with the Cockgobbler Aaron Schock.

Loved John Stewart openly mocking Southern Belle Lindsay Graham the other night. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 10809/19/2013

R108 is a short-sighted, selfish moron.

by Anonymousreply 10909/19/2013

Greasy greedy toad too

by Anonymousreply 11009/19/2013

They are the cockroaches we need to crunch under our feet.

by Anonymousreply 11109/19/2013

Republicans are mean, ignorant people. What difference does it make, gay or straight?

by Anonymousreply 11209/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.