Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I took antibiotics and now I have a YEAST INFECTION!

And I'm a guy. I never thought it could happen to me, gurl!

by burning crotchreply 3509/10/2013

OP I have such a chronic yeast infection that when I say I "have a bun in the oven", I don't mean I'm pregnant.

by burning crotchreply 109/09/2013

Antibiotics are notorious for knocking out "good" flora as well as the bacteria causing infection. My doc always advises taking probiotics concurrently with antibiotics.

by burning crotchreply 209/09/2013

Be grateful you're not completely crippled.

by burning crotchreply 309/09/2013

Hey, OP. I'm a guy in his late 20s who gets a UTI probably once a year. Have no idea why. I feel your pain.

I usually try to treat the infection myself by drinking lots of water and cranberry juice (people love to poo poo this and say it's a placebo effect, but fuck them, it helps). If that doesn't clear up the infection, I get antibiotics from my doctor. I wouldn't wait more than two days for the infection to go away on its own.

by burning crotchreply 409/09/2013

Mary! Go sit in a bowl of flour and make us all some muffins.

by burning crotchreply 509/09/2013

I thought that was a pussy thing! Never heard of a guy getting it. Where is the infection located, your urinary tract?

R4, I get UTIs once a while too, apparently from topping bareback (monogamous). Is that a "yeast infection"?

by burning crotchreply 609/09/2013

No, r6 a UTI is not a yeast infection. I agree with r4 though. I chug cranberry juice at the first sign of a UTI, and can usually knock it out before it progresses. Back to the yeast infection, always always take probiotics with antibiotics.

by burning crotchreply 709/09/2013

I second R7, my RN friend suggested this and it works.

by burning crotchreply 809/09/2013

What are your symptoms, R3?

by burning crotchreply 909/09/2013

R4 I just read a news item on cranberries and UTI's.

The study couldn't figure out the exact relationship, but cranberries do act as an inhibitor of viruses and internal bugs when you have an infection.

by burning crotchreply 1009/09/2013

If I eat yogurt, will it have the same effect as probiotics to help clear this thing up?

I also have seborrheic dermatitis thanks to my wonderful genetics. I think Im having a simultaneous breakout of both of these at the same time! It also doesn't help that it's still hot as fuck right now.

by burning crotchreply 1109/09/2013

[quote] If I eat yogurt, will it have the same effect as probiotics to help clear this thing up?

Make sure the yougurt has active cultures.

I know there is a joke in there somewhere - but it's hot and my office is saving money with energy curtailment.

by burning crotchreply 1209/09/2013

OP, if your scrote hurts, it could be epididymitis. That shit hurts too and could also lead to (or be caused by) infection.

by burning crotchreply 1309/09/2013

Yeast infections are common in men with "compromised" immune systems.

by burning crotchreply 1409/09/2013

Op, SD is also caused by an inflammatory response to a yeast.

by burning crotchreply 1509/09/2013

How in the world do men get yeast infections? I thought it had something to do with the pussy.

by burning crotchreply 1609/09/2013

What's SD? Sourdough?

by burning crotchreply 1709/09/2013

[quote] I'm a guy in his late 20s who gets a UTI probably once a year. Have no idea why.

Really? You "have no idea" why?

by burning crotchreply 1809/09/2013

Is it possible for guys to get an anal yeast infection?

by burning crotchreply 1909/09/2013

Op you need to eat some activia or any probiotic yogurt and buy some yeast pills.

by burning crotchreply 2009/09/2013

Yeast infections in men (and women) are common--but are also easily treated with over-the-counter creams located in pharmacy (women's)section for yeast infection treatment.

My dermatologist recommended a cream with clotrimazole. And it works quickly and easily!

And yes, antibiotics can often the kill the good bacteria (along with the bad) that keeps your system ph balanced. The clotrimazole cream gets you back in working order in no time. The home remedy treatments listed above in other posts (cranberry juice, etc.) may work over time, but you need a cream that is applied directly to the area. It's just as if you had athlete's feet, which is a form of a yeast infection. You must apply a topical cream to the area in question, and you'll be fine.

by burning crotchreply 2109/09/2013

OP is a troll. Yeast infection is a pussy disease. Those smelly things are susceptible to all sorts of weird shit. I don't know why they aren't just removed at birth.

by burning crotchreply 2209/09/2013

No, R22, men can get yeast infections too.

I am in good shape and eat well, but I got a yeast infection on the skin inside my thighs.

I'd had a cold and had been on antibiotics in the month before it happened. Also, I apparently was using too detergent-y of a soap (the liquid soap at the gym) in the shower. (Hot workout + hot shower + too much soap = breeding ground for that shit.)

I use tea tree soap now.

But a yeast infection (primarily external or entry of internal skin) is very different than a UTI.

by burning crotchreply 2309/09/2013

lol, what are you trying to say r14? Yeah my immune system was compromised, I had a cold!

Thanks r21, I have been using a cream with clotrimazole.

r15 set off a lightbulb in my head. I was using the clotrimazole cream WITH my prescribed cream for Seborrheic Dermatitis. The SD cream is steroidal, and it turns out that the steroids actually make bacteria multiply. After reading the tube (like I should have before) it clearly states that I should not be using it on a yeast infection! Now I will go about this differently.

by burning crotchreply 2409/09/2013

Is no one else puzzled by the options in the poll, where a woman has to choose between being a girl or being a lesbian? Mysogynistic much, OP?

by burning crotchreply 2509/09/2013

r25, the lesbian poll choice is a meme on DL. Most people make polls on threads for gay guys and forget that lesbians post here, so its a joke to include it polls that have absolutely no reason to put lesbians in their own poll group.

by burning crotchreply 2609/09/2013

by burning crotchreply 2709/09/2013

Yet another issue solved by getting rid of foreskin.

by burning crotchreply 2809/09/2013

A guy ??? Only in the anatomical sense I'm sure.

by burning crotchreply 2909/09/2013

r28, I don't have foreskin. It's on my inner thighs.

by burning crotchreply 3009/09/2013

R28. I have a foreskin and never had a yeast infection. Spare us your quack diagnosis.

by burning crotchreply 3109/09/2013

Buy a tiny carton of yogurt and spoon it into your twat. You'll be fine in the AM.

by burning crotchreply 3209/09/2013

Use jock itch powder on it.

by burning crotchreply 3309/09/2013

You are all a bunch of whores.

by burning crotchreply 3409/09/2013

by burning crotchreply 3509/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!