Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Doctors TV show is changing

Does anyone know why Dr. Lisa Masterson has left the show? They have a new season starting and she is gone, baby, gone. Wiped from the show's website, too. Two new women have been added. Did she just get tired of the "boy's club" of all the male docs on the show? They act so stupid and sophomoric, all fist bumps and nervous homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 12802/04/2015

Lisa is gone??? It won't be the same without her. I remember when she got into it with Ricki Lake over the natural birth vs hospital birth debate.

As for Travis, I've lusted for him ever since he was "The Bachelor" several years ago. His himbo/fratboy way of speaking just makes him that much hotter.

Orton is still hot, despite the pulled-back/baked look, and yes, Dr. Sears has a fat bubble butt. My gaydar has always pinged for him for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 2209/13/2013

I miss Dr. Lisa already and I love Dr. Sears. He is a hoot and is always making it fun. I will miss Lisa. Wish they would post why she left.

by Anonymousreply 2309/14/2013

Remember when they had A Very Special Feets Episode a couple of years ago? The whole cast was barefoot, plus Dr. Jim really seemed to get into giving Andrew a foot massage. (Sadly, the YouTube channel with the video in question is gone.)

by Anonymousreply 2409/14/2013

I hate that Dr Lisa never did more to educate viewers on female anatomy.

She was always "vagina this" and "va-jay-jay that", and would never use proper terms such as vulva and labia.

The external part of a woman's genitals is the vulva, you stupid bitch!

by Anonymousreply 2509/14/2013

The show is really bad. Was it last season at the beginning of the year when they started having tabloid type confrontations? Now, it sounds like they're all trying to make jokes all the time and none of them are funny.

They have a guest doctor on, a Urologist named Aaron Spitz and I would look to see him as a regular sometime soon. Very personable, funny and informative. He does have a career in this medicine on TV genre.

by Anonymousreply 2809/14/2013

Remember when Far Wind came with his cult and took over Hope Memorial?

Penny was losing her eyesight, but still had eyes for that hunky Jerry Dancy.

Dr. Mike Powers kept picking the wrong women to fall in love with. Sara Dancy just decided to up and die when he finally committed to her.

by Anonymousreply 3009/15/2013

How many Dr Mikes were there? Billion

by Anonymousreply 3109/16/2013

The real doctors cast

by Anonymousreply 3209/16/2013

Does anyone else remember when Billy Aldrich knocked up fugly Greta Van Allen and Greta had to go to the home for unwed mothers to have her baby. Apparently that was really a thing back in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 3309/16/2013

[quote]Travis Stork seems nice. He is handsome but he has no ass.

Ive been trying to figure out why Travis, who is very handsome, hasn't been doing it for me for all these years r5. You nailed it!

by Anonymousreply 3509/16/2013

I adore Dr. Lisa and miss her, but when I see her I always amreminded of the Avatar people.

by Anonymousreply 3609/18/2013

I'm an intern on The Dr's, Dr. Lisa Masterson did not leave the show completely, she will appear on the show intermittenly, due to the show's popularity she has been bombarded with new patients and she decided to step away from everyday taping and concentrate on her practice, don't worry you haven't lost Dr. Lisa

by Anonymousreply 3809/18/2013

I miss Dr. Lisa - don't care for the new lady - can't even remember her name? Today 9/20/2013 Dr. Ian joined the team and I'm not a big fan of his won't be watching anymore...

by Anonymousreply 3909/20/2013

Maybe they can get Dr. Althea to come back. I always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 4009/20/2013

Don't know what y'all are looking at, but Dr Sears is a hottie!

by Anonymousreply 4109/20/2013

He is, Cheryl! And he has a nice fat ass to boot!

by Anonymousreply 4209/20/2013

I like this tv show but Dr Mterson was a great person that is missing really missing! Get rid of those comments about how cute or not the Drs. Are, this is an educational program not a soap opera!

by Anonymousreply 4309/25/2013

He is not a surgeon he is an ER doc.

by Anonymousreply 4509/25/2013

Jay and Phil, I want Dr Lisa back on the Dr's or give her her own show.

by Anonymousreply 4710/03/2013

Dr. Lisa was a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4810/03/2013

The Doctors is a sex show to titillate the female stay-at-home moms(just read the posts of a sexual nature on this thread). Meanwhile, the children in the home get a sex education complete with pictures and object lessons. It is the modern equvalent to the soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 4910/03/2013

Do they have time to be real doctors?

by Anonymousreply 5110/05/2013

Oh, great, a bunch of moronic straight cunts found this thread (and site) when they googled the show.

Is google searching why DL sucks now?

by Anonymousreply 5210/05/2013

I have been watching the doctors since they first came on and I like dr. Lisa I think the writer limited her topic the show is not the same without her. They seem to have gotten sillier and so is not as interesting as it was when it first came out I don't know how much longer I'll be watching it I watched it for the interesting and educational topics not how the doctors look.

by Anonymousreply 5310/07/2013

The show is not the same after lisa left that other woman need to go bring Lisa back.

by Anonymousreply 5410/09/2013

I heard it's travis who makes the decisions as it's his show. he's not the mr. nice guy that everyone seems to think he is. Jerk!!

by Anonymousreply 5610/14/2013

Wow, who ever keeps caping on dr sear ass, needs to look in her own mirror, I respect dr travis, and miss lisa, my only complaint is they seem to worry more about ccosmetic issues then real life issues, ive been majorly mediclay been screwed by a reputable hospital in la.they coould touch on issue, like why don't drs listen to there patients, I just had major neck surgery, that ucla repaired because cedar sinai screwed up, I lived for 2 yrs with a leak in my spinal cord , nicked from cedar, whom also left my posterial fusion advice dont be afraid to speakup for yourself if you feel the dr is wrong.the doctors show should speak on how to keep drs from doing unnecessary surgeries

by Anonymousreply 5710/15/2013

I am glad we will see Dr Lisa from time to time, I sure miss seeing her and listening to her coments, hurry back we miss u.

by Anonymousreply 5810/17/2013

I just notice that Dr. Lisa is not on the show anymore. Why? I feel the show was at its best when it was just the four Doctors.

by Anonymousreply 5910/17/2013

The only changing I want to see is Travis changing out of his clothes.

by Anonymousreply 6010/17/2013

Dr. Phil's son produces this show- what do you expect.

by Anonymousreply 6110/17/2013

I think Dr Sears is a practical knowlegeable Dr and extremely good sport. I loved seeing him on the show. He also really cares for his patients because he shows a real respect and gentleness with both Baby and Mom and Dad. It is hard to read any negatives about this nice man.

by Anonymousreply 6210/17/2013

The Doctors: Equal opportunity show: 3 white males,one female-one black. Add it up. TYPICAL SLICK TELECASTING!

We're still stupid!

by Anonymousreply 6310/22/2013

Dr. Sears has a great ass. He reminds me of Dave Coulier. Travis talks like a total surfer dude and is hot as fuck. Orton, although he's as orange as a carrot and pulled back, is hot for an older guy. Lisa is pretty, and the show won't be the same without her.

by Anonymousreply 6410/22/2013

Why is Dr. Lisa off the show?

by Anonymousreply 6510/23/2013

If an explanation is not given why Dr. Lisa is off the show, I will not be watching it anymore!

by Anonymousreply 6610/23/2013

Dr. Lisa will be back occasionally. From what I understand, she is very busy with her practice and wanted to get away from the daily taping.

by Anonymousreply 6710/23/2013

Blaa blaa blaa....................

by Anonymousreply 6810/24/2013

my name is nora icholas i am a fan ofthe doctors show my honey and watch the show everyday it is one off our favourite tv show we have learnt a lot of things we did not know they are real true doctors we are so bless to have them on the show they have help alot of people and save aot of people lives they are no scam artist they are not into the health care team just for a pay check they are tere to help, they have help several thousands of people including my selfs and othors out thre thanks to them and god bless thrm all doctors travis you are wonderful

by Anonymousreply 6910/26/2013

What kind of homophobia is on the show?

by Anonymousreply 7110/26/2013

Where is Dr. Lisa i am so upset, i am not sure i want to continue watching the doctors the won't even say why she left shame on you Travis

by Anonymousreply 7211/04/2013

WHO are all these strange posters posting on this thread? ARE these really straight cunts who found this DL thread after surfing the net for The Doctors? I would bet that because NO ONE HERE TALKS LIKE THAT. Please, go away. You are annoying as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 7311/04/2013

They don't tape shows daily, R73. They tape several shows (typically 5 or more) in one long session and then edit them for broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 7411/04/2013

R74, um, okay. I knew that. What does that have to do with my post? FRAUEN are infesting this thread and that is what I was addressing.

by Anonymousreply 7511/04/2013

What happened to Dr Lisa? Will she ever be back on the Doctors?

by Anonymousreply 7611/04/2013

The show need dr. Lisa back - the show sucks without her. Dr. Sears is the man. He does everything n I enjoy him.

by Anonymousreply 7711/04/2013

I don't care for female doctors. They're OK professionally for women, but I wouldn't want one for my primary care doctor. The female on the Dr's TV looked like she had every feature on her face tweeked. She didn't have an engaging personality. If Storkis were to leave that program, I wouldn't watch it. Just the knowledge he's "sleeping with fishes" lessens my interest in him.

by Anonymousreply 7811/04/2013

Dr. Lisa did use a proper term. Vagina is a "real anatomical " name for a woman's body part. At times , the Doctors , do use slang terms for body parts and other medical terms so that everyone can understand. If they spoke on a very clinical level , then the "Average American" may not find it appealing and not tune in. I am sure the network runs this by a test audience prior to airing.

by Anonymousreply 7911/08/2013

Where's Dr Lisa I left the country when I came back she was gone.Please bring her back.I'm not watching the show until she's back

by Anonymousreply 8011/08/2013

I miss Dr. LISA She was down to earth and sweet. Bring her back please.

by Anonymousreply 8211/11/2013

We stay at home mommas love our doctors and we love our McGraws too. I have never posted in this Doctors Lounge before but it is sure nice to meet all you young doctor mens. I will come back in a few days and share some of my Thanksgiving recipees with you so that your beautiful wives can have some new ideas for your Thanksgiving spreads this year! Have a blessed day.

by Anonymousreply 8311/11/2013

R83, nice try.

by Anonymousreply 8411/12/2013

Yrah because hotness is an important asset for good doctoring. Sheesh....

by Anonymousreply 8511/13/2013

I would enjoy seeing a few male black doctors on the show as guest or regulars..Lots of fun..

by Anonymousreply 8611/15/2013

Fuck you twink queens! Dr. Jim is a cutie pie!

by Anonymousreply 8711/17/2013

The show has lost the quality it once had . Dr Masterson projected an air of class that added greatly to the show. She was a lady , which is hard to find in the current TV lineup . The brash,vulgar Hollywood approach seems to be the "in" thing and is wearing quite thin .I am a modern ,working 38 yr old woman and won't be recording the show in the future ,as it has lost any real medical value.

by Anonymousreply 8811/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 8911/20/2013

What are their ratings like? They've been on for a while and they keep changing formats. It seems a sign that the show is in trouble. Remember when that bitch from Biggest Loser was a regular host?

by Anonymousreply 9011/20/2013

she got canned because of her old-world views on child birth & cannabis.

by Anonymousreply 9111/22/2013

I heard she was canned because she had an intriguing segment with young girls. She had a pajama party where they could ask anything and one girl asked about oral sex. She explained it was like a massage on the genitals with the mouth. The girls EWW'd and social media exploded.

by Anonymousreply 9211/22/2013

R91 and 92, is that true? Did you make that stuff up?

by Anonymousreply 9311/22/2013

I agree with R16.

by Anonymousreply 9412/06/2013

Why did Dr Lisa leave the show? I'm not sure but I really liked her. I like the Dr with the blonde bun & the Dr with blonde hair & does not wear glasses. The Dr with blonde hair & wears glasses is very obnoxious! She interrupts & is very rude. I'm sorry about not knowing their names, but I really liked Dr Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 9512/12/2013

I for one miss Dr. Lisa. She was my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 9612/18/2013

When is this show on anymore. I never see it.

by Anonymousreply 9712/18/2013

I saw the handwriting on the wall a long time ago. It appeared to be a rift between her and her colleagues. Her colleagues were very dismissive of her comments and we're on professional. I think that dr. Lisa didn't ask "black" enough for the show. That is why she should get her husband the attorney to sue does bastards!

by Anonymousreply 9902/20/2014

in this society we have always become uncomfortable what black women. As a result we use words to describe fear educated black woman aggressive. But when white women try to get it they call it being assertive. So I say screw them all and God forbid if you learn something.

by Anonymousreply 10002/20/2014

Dr. Masterson is gone because she is an idiot. Half the stuff she says is simply untrue and she is a bad example for women. Telling women to submit to every invasive procedure, give up control of childbirth, to be ruled by their hormones... This is not at all empowering.

by Anonymousreply 10103/03/2014

Oh I think your being too hard on Jim Sears (pediatrics right?) He seemed to be the only one willing to participate in the sketches that were strenuous. He seemed very nice and had a good sense of humor. Gross? Hardly. Nice looking fellow :-)

by Anonymousreply 10204/04/2014

This silly show isn't even on in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 10304/04/2014

These so-called doctors are shysters who sell out for a buck. Give them enough money and they will say anything. You're a fool to think you can trust anything they say.

by Anonymousreply 10504/08/2014

I like the black doctor that works for Pfizer. She manages to be informative and funny without being an ass.

by Anonymousreply 10604/08/2014

yes it is, R103, per their website:

Los Angeles, California

M-F 11:00 AM

by Anonymousreply 10704/08/2014

I'm glad Dr. Lisa is gone. She never participated in any of the segments that had the Drs. doing anything physical, or would do them half-assed. Go back and watch and you will see she never would open her legs. I think she was afraid the smell would overwhelm the audience. Also, as for that old fart Ordon, I think he overcompensates with all of his talk about sex because he is in the closet. Look at the pictures from when he was younger - there is NOTHING straight about them. The pompous old queen sits there and sucks his teeth and butts in to every coversation.

by Anonymousreply 10804/14/2014

is it just me or does dr. stork have tard face?

I admit he is hot though.

I haven't watched this for awhile.

Wasn't there a pediatrician on the first year, and they showed him in the shower? OMG!

This show is better than the hyper Dr. Oz with his new daily diets and miracle cures and fright techniques, but they need to get the male doctors shirtless or back in the showers more.

by Anonymousreply 10904/16/2014

Why are you all obsessed with the way the doctors look!? why does that matter, but I want to know WHAT HAPPEND TO DR. LISA?

by Anonymousreply 11005/15/2014

Why doesn't Dr. Travis wear his wedding ring anymore. I saw it once but haven't seen it since

by Anonymousreply 11107/30/2014

The new woman Dr. constantly interrupts people including the other doctors. It's more than annoying, it's rude. Not acceptable!

by Anonymousreply 11209/18/2014

[quote]Travis Stork seems nice. He is handsome but he has no ass.

He's shown his ass?

by Anonymousreply 11309/18/2014

[quote]Who is the guy who's appeared as a doctor on this show, but is also an actor who appeared nude in some movie? Like nude and erect?

A year late with the answer R29, but his name is Dr. James Keller Wortham.

by Anonymousreply 11409/18/2014

Is that real cum or is it fake?

by Anonymousreply 11509/18/2014

I can't believe you are all drooling over Dr. Travis as some sort of nice guy.He is a Rat Robertson fan who has appeared on his 700 Club program.He loves right-wing gaybashing fanatics & will take any money you give him & hand it over to our enemies.I make sure to boycott anything connected to him.No wonder our community can't get anywhere with everyone admiring the likes of Gloria Gaynor,Patti Labelle,John Schnider,Donna Summer,Cheryl Ladd,Kim Fields,Lisa Whelchel,Dr. Phil,Barbara Mandrell,Jensen Ackles,Richard Kiel,T.D.Jakes(I'm talking to you Oprah=our "supporter")& those awful Mowry twins.I'll stop there because the list of Rat Robertson supporters is unfortunately quite long.Wake up people!

by Anonymousreply 11609/18/2014

"No wonder our community can't get anywhere with everyone admiring the likes of Gloria Gaynor,Patti Labelle,John Schnider,Donna Summer,Cheryl Ladd,Kim Fields,Lisa Whelchel,Dr. Phil,Barbara Mandrell,Jensen Ackles,Richard Kiel..........."

Well since Richard Kiel died last week you can take him off of your enemies list R116!

by Anonymousreply 11709/18/2014

I'm pretty sure it's fake R115. The reason why most people never saw this scene in the movie, when it was on Netflix, is because it was a deleted scene on DVD.

by Anonymousreply 11809/18/2014

Richard Kiel's family who will likely inherit the money from his various entertainment projects could still use it for anti-BGLT causes.Since none of his kids or other relatives are on public record of opposing his bigoted connections they will all remain on my "enemies list" & I hope the lists of other civil rights minded people as well.

by Anonymousreply 11909/18/2014

Travis Stork is a true hunk! End of story.

by Anonymousreply 12009/30/2014

Dr. Lisa was on too many other shows as a so called authority an always seemed to come off as an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 12111/10/2014

There is only one person talking on the show now. The same childish doctor (male) who does not allow anyone else to speak. I feel sorry for the new lady on the show with the weird blonde hair. Her presence is pointless, as they cringe when she speaks and there is no balance on the panel. The one who is always talking comes across as very insecure. Let someone else talk!!!He is ANNOYING!

by Anonymousreply 12211/10/2014

The show has dumbed down, even it wasn't all that smart to begin with, with Dr. Lisa's departure. I disagree she came across as an idiot.

And nobody's talking--not from the show and not Dr. Lisa. Perhaps they are all legally prohibited from discussing the circumstances of her departure. But somebody's got to spill something sometime.

by Anonymousreply 12311/10/2014

Lisa Masterson is a product of affirmative action , some of the answers she gave to medical problems proved that. The show is so much better without her.Dr. Ross overwhelms Masterson when it comes to medical advice.

by Anonymousreply 12411/17/2014

I hope Althea and Nick get back together - that annoying Liz is driving them apart! And don't get me started on Dr. Karen Werner - her first plane crash can't come soon enough!!

by Anonymousreply 12511/17/2014

Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 12611/17/2014

I know people loved her as Lucinda on ATWT, but Liz was always first and foremost Althea Davis Bellini on The Doctors. I'll never forget her trying to keep a straight face when Lois Smith played the crazy wife of her current lover, played by Bernie McInery, and his daughter played by someone named (not kidding) Fannie Speis(!) - Lois read some of the strangest poetry that her crazy character wrote, something about a pin in a box - it was surreal.

by Anonymousreply 12711/17/2014

My comment is to Dr Rachael. Women (our circle of friends) generally have honest friends that will tell us when our makeup is wrong. I'm not a friend but I am someone that would like to tell Dr Rachael that the bleached blonde weave, wig or her hair is wrong. It looks bad and it's too bad the cast members can't speak on it. Fix It! (Just saying)

by Anonymousreply 12802/04/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!