Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'd like to support a poor child through a good charity. Would like suggestions for good charity.

Years ago I supported a Catholic charity, save the poor children and all that.

Got assigned a fatherless boy in Luzon, Phillipines and he was a cute toddler. Supported him until he was about 12--more on that later.

The Catholic charity duns you every fucking Catholic holiday or special calendar day for extra money for towels or socks (Christmas, Easter, Virgin Day, Arbor Day--you getting the picture?)a ton of money for postage to me--AND I'M JEWISH!

Sometimes I gave money, sometimes not. But once I sent a photo of handsome Aryan me, with my address on the back, and got a letter back from the mother of the child with photo. Clearly, she wanted to know if I needed a Phillipino maid and she sent a photo of the family.

The family was not starving, not naked, not covered flies. They looked like any dark skinned well-dressed family you'd see in Washington Heights in NYC.

I may need to break this up for length....

by Anonymousreply 2509/10/2013

And when I said Aryan me and Jewish, I just meant to stay I was good looking and Jewish. You might get the wrong idea.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2013

You can find well-run charities (and know which ones to avoid) here:

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

[quote]You might get the wrong idea.

Oh, no, not at all. The random all-caps made your mental illness quite obvious, although it was apparent throughout.

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

BigJew, perhaps you could start by googling "helping children of Darfur" or something like that.

There are some charities where you sponsor the child's education. Just google "helping educatevKemyan children" and check out the websites. Research any charity before making any donations.

You have to be the first Jew I have ever seen refer to himself as "Aryan" and proclaim their love for Jesus on a gossip forum.

Kathy Lee Gifford....could it be?

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2013

Here are some international children's charities with high ratings from Charity Navigator.

by Anonymousreply 709/09/2013

[quote] Here are some international children's charities with high ratings from Charity Navigator.

OP needs them sorted by flies per square inch on child.

Is that info included?

Maybe an indicator based upon flies, starvation and skin color?

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

R8, instead of coming here and trying to attempt humor, why don't you tell all of us what YOU have done for the poor?

If I find you, I will kick the fucking shit out of you, I will.

by Anonymousreply 909/09/2013

Don't be so sanctimonious you pretentious ass.

You are doing NOTHING for "the poor", this is all for yourself, so you can say look at how wonderful!!! I am.

by Anonymousreply 1009/09/2013

This is why I gave up on Sally Struthers.

I asked for brown children with boils. I got smiling children from Nicaragua.

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

R9 - I'm really scared now.

Let's not talk about me, but you.

Your statement that you are Aryan and Jewish, but you point out the Aryan part so people will know you are good looking.

Anybody else see the problem with that statement, beyond your belief that only Jews who don't look like Jews are good looking?

Or how about your disappointment in the fact you contributed so much money and couldn't get regular pictures of someone's suffering?

Are you donating money to see pictures of people continuing to suffer?

Just for the record let me be very clear I was not just attempting humor I was being funny at your expense.

My clear intent was to make fun of you to point out how ridiculous you are.

It appears it worked.

Now why don't you threaten me again and go off someplace and masturbate - I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you only behave this way for sexual gratification.

by Anonymousreply 1209/09/2013

[quote]OP needs them sorted by flies per square inch on child.

I cannot stop laughing at this. Good one.

by Anonymousreply 1309/09/2013

Be careful! I was paying for years for a child and they never did send her over.

by Anonymousreply 1409/09/2013

An Extra Special Tale

by Anonymousreply 1509/09/2013

Not NAMBLA, I can tell you that much.

by Anonymousreply 1609/09/2013

1. Steer clear of anything religion-affiliated.

2. I support Doctors Without Borders. You know, the people who were actually trying to save victims in that Rwanda genocide while religious charities were quoting them bible verses?

3. Why must you focus your efforts on a particular child? Just give to a worthy group and don't get emotionally involved and don't have any expectations of reward in any form.

by Anonymousreply 1709/09/2013

Here are two good ones with which I've had experience.

by Anonymousreply 1809/09/2013

oops Looks like i have to post one at a time

by Anonymousreply 1909/09/2013

the other

by Anonymousreply 2009/09/2013

God's Love We Deliver feeds disabled kids and kids of the disabled here in NY. I think they might in other states too.

by Anonymousreply 2109/09/2013

mammie_gummer_failed _actress.org

by Anonymousreply 2209/09/2013

Pay your taxes and throw he rest of your money out he window. Same effect.

by Anonymousreply 2309/10/2013

Oh god, I think OP is the same wacko who posted the thread about having one bullet and choosing to save the world by killing someone. Both threads stink of delusions of grandeur.

by Anonymousreply 2409/10/2013

OP is also one of the gullible fools who thought the 'twerk on fire' girl was real, not a Jimmy Kimmel fake.

by Anonymousreply 2509/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.