Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NYTimes: Hollywood furious that Vanity Fair is no longer just doing puff pieces on them

[quote] Some celebrities and their handlers, accustomed to more control over coverage, are not pleased. In May, Gwyneth Paltrow, who recently cooperated on cover articles for People and Good Housekeeping, asked friends not to deal with Vanity Fair.

[quote]“Vanity Fair is threatening to put me on the cover of their magazine,” Ms. Paltrow wrote by e-mail, according to someone who had seen the message. “If you are asked for quotes or comments, please decline. Also, I recommend you all never do this magazine again.”

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 2609/09/2013

Why would anyone never "do" one of the biggest magazines in the country just because she recommends that they don't?

She has the most insanely inflated sense of importance. She really thinks she rules her friends' lives.

I hope VF does an expose on her that just humiliates the shit out of her.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 109/09/2013

Why would that cunt Gwyneth fear a VF cover story? I think it's great Harvey Weinstein contradicted her by praising Graydon Carter.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 209/09/2013

The big Gwyneth piece was supposed to come out in this month's (September's) issue, but it got shoved aside for the big Princess Di piece because of the birth of Prince George and the upcoming release of "Diana"

I am curious whether the Gwyneth piece will see the light of day next month.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 309/09/2013

[quote]"They do a lot of retro covers that make it feel not urgent to read."

Because of Graydon's Kennedy, Diana, and old Hollywood obsessions, The Spanish and Italian editions now shit over the U.S. edition in terms of a sense of currency and sass.

Whatever you might say about Tina, at least she grasped the zeitgeist. Graydon has slowly turned the mag into Old Duffer's Monthly.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 409/09/2013

The magazine is also missing story after story. A single example: the killing of Princess Michael's oligarch 'friend' last year. The story had everything to make VF readers salivate: royalty, high crime, glamor, scandal. Not a peep. Dominick Dunne would have been all over it.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 509/09/2013

I'll give another example: the supposed 'theft' of YSL's erotic drawings. VF Spanish edition covered the story with pics. Graydon's VF: not a peep.

He needs to be pensioned ASAP.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 609/09/2013

Here's a Google translation of the YSL article.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 709/09/2013

R5 thanks for the link. Russia is getting more corrupt. The princess is gorgeous at 60. It would be a perfect VF story.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 809/09/2013

“Vanity Fair is threatening to put me on the cover of their magazine,”

Gawd, I hate that when that happens. I just wanted to subscribe.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 909/09/2013

[quote]Why would that cunt Gwyneth fear a VF cover story?

Because it was an exposé.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1009/09/2013

Hollyweird is all about the allusion. If they lose control, the allusion may disappear.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1109/09/2013

I started calling her "Hollywood." I guess it stuck.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1209/09/2013

Gwennie is just mad that her former bestie now enemy Madonna has more Vanity Fair covers (10) than anyone in history.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1309/09/2013

Vanity Fair is useless these days. I was shocked when I read Graydon Carter's contract was extended. I was hoping he would be dumped this year.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1409/09/2013

She is the definition of a cunt. She was at a book signing at the Hamtoins and there was a sign before you even got in that Ms. Platrow would be happy to sign a book, but please do not engage her or talk to her or ask to do a picture with her. If you did you would be removed. She also had several large security guards. What was Muffy and Biddy going to attack her?

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1509/09/2013

Is she angry because she could not predict what would be in the article?

It seems in the past year there has been a flood of negative press about GP (usually stemming from her own clueless remarks/attitude). Kind of like when all of a sudden it went negative for Tom Cruise.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1609/09/2013

Vanity Fair is awful and has been for years. Seems to me that running stories about celebs who haven't -- gasp! the horror! -- had the chance to rubber stamp every word is just a last-ditch effort on the magazine's part to salvage some long-departed relevancy.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1709/09/2013

yes, that is what I think, R17

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1809/09/2013

Illusion, r11. Illusion.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 1909/09/2013

Didn't Jessica Chastain's reps go after Vanity Fair last year after they wrote a less than flattering article about her around Oscar voting time?

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 2009/09/2013

Another +1 with r17.

I still read it but years ago I stopped taking their celeb stuff seriously for reasons already pointed out. It's too late to backpedal now.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 2109/09/2013

r11 allusion?

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 2209/09/2013

Joe Keenan's second novel, "Putting on the Ritz," was a really funny look at how scoundrels attempted to ruin a Vanity Fair-style magazine by commissioning intelligent articles and writing honestly about the stars.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 2309/09/2013

In Tina Brown's day, the rest of the articles in Vanity fair were usually intelligent pieces on politics and fun pieces on old Hollywood and society scandals, and the price you realized you had to pay for them was some fluffed up puff piece on the cover about a current star written by Kevin Sessums or Evgenia Peretz.

Now they're finally doing away with the puff pieces, which makes sense.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 2409/09/2013

They certainly need fewer covers on kennedys and Diana.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 2509/09/2013

We'll see how Gwynnie feels about Vanity Fair when it's time to attend their annual Oscar party.

by she always acts like the Queen Bee Girl in h.s.reply 2609/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.