Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Grace Gummer

A friend called her exquisite and beautiful. I think she epitomizes plainness. GG's hair is her salvation.

Whom do you agree with?

by Anonymousreply 6208/22/2015

I kind of disagree with both of you. She's attractive in a striking kind of way, but not beautiful. I like her too-big nose and that she didn't get it done, and you're right that her hair, along with her skin, is her best feature. She has a cute smile, too. She is certainly prettier than her mother and sister, but some people may think that's not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2013

She's most certainly not prettier than her mother was at her age.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2013

Wasn't she fucking beautiful Billy Crudup for a while?

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

Wait, isn't Grace Gummer what they called Nancy Reagan when she was gaining notoriety as the Blowjob Queen of Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

She is my third favorite child.

My son, Louisa, Grace and then of course Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2013

Don't listen to this, Grace. You're attractive as one could imagine, given the material nature had to work with.

by Anonymousreply 609/09/2013

The Gummer sisters are fast becoming the new Kardashians for me. Please stop trying to make these plain janes happen. Watching Mamie act is like watching dandruff fall. I have never seen Grace in anything but her choice of beau tells me all I need to know about her. Go away, you no talent spawn of Streep! BTW, is Mamie having an affair with John Gallagher?

by Anonymousreply 709/09/2013

R3 and R7, I want to have a three-way with Crudup and Gallagher.

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

I always enjoy Mamie on The Good Wife, and she's strong in The Newsroom as well. Why do people think she's boring?

by Anonymousreply 909/09/2013

Those unfortunate looking creatures would be waitstaff at that horrible Company if not for their famous mother.

by Anonymousreply 1009/09/2013

The Gummer sisters could be a lot worse. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

You can watch Grace Gummer in a short series of YouTube webisodes here:

by Anonymousreply 1209/09/2013

She's ugly, just like Mamie. Those untainted trolls would be planning Junior League events if they weren't Meryl's daughters.

by Anonymousreply 1309/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 1409/09/2013

Lily Rabe is far more talented than the Gummer's.. Funny how they are contemporaries and yet Lily is more talented than the Gummer's.

Odd. You'd think Saint Meryl, Glen, or even Jessica Lange would have the one talented offspring. But instead it is the late Jill Claybergh who easily had the most talented child.

by Anonymousreply 1509/09/2013

Jill Clayburgh was easily more talented than Meryl, R15. I miss her so.

by Anonymousreply 1609/09/2013

sadly all the kids meryl streep got are pretty homely

by Anonymousreply 1709/09/2013

Grace strikes me as a plain girl--or someone who would be viewed as plain years ago--who conducts herself like a beauty and has the hair toss thing down pat. She'll be fine unless she has to share the scene with someone who is actually beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 1810/20/2013

Shouldn't it be "With whom do you agree?"

by Anonymousreply 1910/20/2013

Nope, it's okay to end sentences with prepositions.

by Anonymousreply 2010/20/2013

I personally know Jill Farren Phelps. I can get her a job on Y&R, but Meryl has forbad them to be on soaps. She's always looked down on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 2110/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 2210/20/2013

[quote]A friend called her exquisite and beautiful.

A friend of hers or a friend of yours?

If a friend of hers - understandable.

If a friend of YOURS - get new friends.

by Anonymousreply 2310/20/2013

I liked her fine on THE NEWSROOM. She can be a character actor. She'll do fine.

by Anonymousreply 2410/20/2013

Louisa's quite lovely.

Mamie is hopelessly plain.

Grace looks so much like her mother as she appeared in Manhattan. That witchy face and exactly the same hair style. But Mama's not a natural blonde-her daughters are? Henry has dark hair.

by Anonymousreply 2510/20/2013

Saw Grace in Frances Ha. She was fine. I actually like Mamie. Is Louisa an actress because she's quite beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2610/20/2013

Grace said in an NPR interview that Louisa was still in college and was considering it. There was an undeniable tinge of worry in her voice.

by Anonymousreply 2710/20/2013

Grace was horrid in AHS Coven last night. If they wanted her to be good they should have put her in a scene with Precious (Gracie would be Meryl next to that dreadful girl).

by Anonymousreply 2811/14/2013

Grace is pretty but the young Meryl was much prettier than any of her daughters. Mamie and Grace only get bit parts; they rarely get leading roles. It makes you wonder abut them. I don't think they will become major movie stars like Meryl. Meryl still has all the talent. I find Grace so boring on film.

by Anonymousreply 2912/03/2013

She looks a lot like her mom at that age. She does have wonderful hair.

by Anonymousreply 3012/03/2013

Grace is pretty. Do you think she is Jack Nicolsons daughter.

by Anonymousreply 3112/03/2013

I totally agree they wouldn't be given a 2nd look if it weren't for their mother. But the question I would like answered is why would they put themselves in this position to begin with? Find their own career.

by Anonymousreply 3212/03/2013

This one of jack Nicolsons daughters

Do you think Grace is his too?

by Anonymousreply 3312/03/2013

Louisa has her mother's eyes and her father's nose. Lucky girl. She and her brother are the good looking Gummers. I bet neither one becomes an actor. I know the brother is supposed to be a musician. Is he any good?

by Anonymousreply 3412/03/2013

I agree. You think they would try different careers than acting. I really think they get some of their acting jobs because of nepotism. Their acting ability is just passable; not anything fantastic. A million actresses could of played the parts that they are in, but they don't get the chance because their mother is not Meryl Streep.

by Anonymousreply 3512/03/2013

I always thought that Julianne Nicholson was related to Jack. She looks a lot like him. More than his actual kids. I think the love of his life was his first wife Sandra Knight. Broussard looks a little like her ,but in her youth, Knight was much more beautiful. She's also a very good actress.

by Anonymousreply 3612/03/2013

If anything Grace's nose is thinner than her moms. I don't see any Jack features in her.

by Anonymousreply 3712/03/2013

Henry is good looking. If you look at his twitter page it seems that he has a big interest in photography. He doesn't seem to have talent for singing or songwriting. As far as celebrity kids go, it's Barbra Streisands's son who has a beautiful singing voice. Henry's song, Don't Stop the Train was featured in Julie and Julia and as background music in Mamie's show, Emily Owens M.D. This is pure nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 3812/03/2013

Wasn't Ironweed made after Grace was born?

by Anonymousreply 4012/03/2013

Yes a few years after she was born.

I'm more inclined to believe Louisa is the "odd child" if you know what I mean. Not necessarily Jack's, but she looks different enough from her sibs.

by Anonymousreply 4112/03/2013

[quote] He doesn't seem to have talent for singing or songwriting.

He moved to LA to build his music career. Is her really not talented in that department? Meryl must have big monthly bills to pay.

by Anonymousreply 4212/03/2013

Louisa looks more like her father and Meryl's mother.

by Anonymousreply 4312/03/2013

Grace is coming back with a second season of Paloma on WIGS, written and directed by Julia Styles on Youtube. She was so boring on the first season.

by Anonymousreply 4412/03/2013

Heartburn was made around the time Grace was conceived

by Anonymousreply 4512/03/2013

She was only good in The Newsroom during Hallie's Skype conversations with Jim.

by Anonymousreply 4701/03/2014

she is boring on Extant.

by Anonymousreply 4808/07/2014

Henry Wolfe (Gummer) looks a lot like his father, only better.

I've watched a couple of his music videos and the songs were pretty dull. One of them features David Strathairn's older son Tay on piano (the two of them wrote that song "Stop the Train" used in JULIE AND JULIA).

Tay Strathairn is now part of the band Dawes.

by Anonymousreply 4908/07/2014

I'm not concerned with her looks. It's her lack of acting ability that's bothersome. Watching her swinging her hair on "Extant", come on. This is acting for a high school play with adoring parents looking on.

by Anonymousreply 5009/01/2014

R48, tbh everyone's boring on Extant.

by Anonymousreply 5109/01/2014

Henry's attractive. I wonder if he likes the peen?

by Anonymousreply 5209/01/2014

Grace has no screen presence. Very little personality

by Anonymousreply 5309/09/2014

I don't think that Mamie or Grace will last long in show business. There is nothing special about them. Mamie should consider getting her nose done.

by Anonymousreply 5409/09/2014

Lily Rage is far more talented than any of the Gummer girls and she has obviously not had any work done at all.

She might be a bitch. But she is a talented bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5509/10/2014

Grace has no talent but her sister Mamie does. All the nepotism won't work for Grace. I loved SMASH but Grace was terrible which she is in everything she appears in. A million other actresses could appear in the parts that Grace has had but their mother isn't Meryl Streep. She she just go quietly away.

by Anonymousreply 5608/04/2015

She's a dog and her sister is even uglier. Mamie looks like Rumer Willis.

by Anonymousreply 5708/04/2015

Grace was an art history major at Vassar. Maybe her dad, the sculptor, can get her an entry level job at a museum, but she will have to get a ph.d. in art history if she really wants to make it in that field. She should try anything but acting. I hope Louisa doesn't go into acting. I can't take another untalented Gummer.

by Anonymousreply 5808/04/2015

Just saw Learning to Drive with a bit part by Grace. She has absolutely no depth. All of her acting gigs show how shallow she is. She needs a real job!!!

by Anonymousreply 5908/22/2015

Poor Grace. Stiff as a plank. I've acted with mechanical apes that were more emotive.

by Anonymousreply 6008/22/2015

They all resemble Meryl, but they are ugly, whereas Meryl was pretty.

by Anonymousreply 6108/22/2015

What a terrible stage name.

And don't refer to her as GG. That's how we all addressed Garbo,,,, Gee Gee.

by Anonymousreply 6208/22/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!