Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Alan Hunter on MTV

he was my first TV crush, I'm reading the vjs book...he is kind of a douche. yuck.

by Anonymousreply 2003/24/2014

How is he a douche?

by Anonymousreply 109/08/2013

What book

by Anonymousreply 209/08/2013

Alan Hunter and JJ Jackson and Nina B were my favorites. Mark G didn't seem that friendly to some of the guess which turned me off.

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

I guess he's not a douche. He just sounded that way in the beginning of the book. He sounds better now that I've read further.

this book

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

The original MTV VJs were all over the place a few months ago promoting their books.

Nina Blackwood looked completely awful, was it because she is much older than the rest of them or is it due to her years of drug use? I'm not sure if she was doing lots of coke or was actually a heroin addict.

Some former druggies don't look worse for wear, Nina looked like she was hit with a truck, then run over a few times! She also looked fat and bloated.

Alan Hunter, Mark Goodman and Martha Quinn all looked good.

IIRC, Mark was married to NY deejay Carol Miller, IIRC, she was on WNEW-FM, then moved on to another station when NEW kept playing too much Classic Rock.

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2013

I'm only a little bit into the book but so far the men were all the coke people and Nina was a big drinker.

Martha so far sounds kind of like the geeky one who just did her job and went home.

by Anonymousreply 609/09/2013

Actually Mark Goodman is the oldest-60

then Nina at 57, Alan at 56, and Martha at 54

by Anonymousreply 709/09/2013

I knew Alan way back when, before MTV.

Nice guy.

Deserving of every success.

His first wife Jan was a real sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

I thought Alan was cute back in the day, and I still thought he looked good earlier this year when they were doing the promotional tour for the MTV book.

by Anonymousreply 909/09/2013

He does a lot of civic work (and the odd commercial) here in Birmingham.

by Anonymousreply 1009/09/2013

Mark Goodman lives on my street. He still looks good. I see him walking his big dog pretty regularly. He's just another low-key, nice looking guy I pass on my way home from work...

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

Martha Quinn apparently got too big for her britches and was fired. 6 months later she was unemployed and in Van Nuys!

The book is annoyingly vague about what happened.

by Anonymousreply 1209/11/2013

Not True - Quinn left to become an actress, which she did. She was a brady in a Brady tv movie.

by Anonymousreply 1309/11/2013

Isn't Martha Sally Quinn's niece or stepdaugher or something? Or some other journalist. Someone who was at Newsweek iirc.

by Anonymousreply 1409/11/2013

I just stayed up all night reading the book. It's pretty dishy. Mark Goodman was a twat. He seems closeted but accuses Alan of being gay. Nina seems sort of aspergerish and probably coped with it by drinking. They got the rawest of raw deals. I wish JJ Jackson had been alive, that was an interesting guy.

by Anonymousreply 1503/23/2014

r13, Martha did a Brady Bunch series, not movie, that terrible hour long drama version that was cancelled after 5 episodes. And she was still on MTV at the time. The series was 1990, and Martha was on MTV until 1991. I doubt she willingly left MTV for the marginal acting career she'd been perusing since the mid-80s, and completely dried up by the late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 1603/23/2014

Her firing was weird.

by Anonymousreply 1703/23/2014

Martha and Nina, like all the others, were replaceable.

by Anonymousreply 1803/23/2014

Man, I haven't watch Mtv in fucking years. It quit being good sometime in the 90's when it turned into nothing but into stupid tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2014

Mark Goodman is so scummy seeming. He just can't hide it. Martha was truly likeable tho. Apparently she was probably born with cerebral palsy and can't wear high heels bc she lacks the balance.

by Anonymousreply 2003/24/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!