Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mayoral Primary in NYC

Tuesday is primary day. If you live in NYC, who are you going to vote for?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 5709/16/2013

Anyone but Quinn.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 109/08/2013

Yes, OP, great poll, because we all know only Democrats are running for mayor.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 209/08/2013

Can someone answer this seriously please? I haven't lived in NYC for 10 years, but when I did I lived in Quinn's district and everyone seemed to LOVE her and I thought she was wonderful. I thought she'd be a great mayor and hoped she'd run. Why are so many against her now? What happened?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 309/08/2013

1. She's a blatant opportunist 2. She handed Bloomberg a third term 3. She was Bloomberg's toadie 4. She sold out St Vincent's hospital, handing if over to developers 5. She's a nasty piece of work (I know people who have observed her horribly berating low-level people over nonsense.

How is that for a start?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 409/08/2013

World's tiniest violin playing just for you, R2.

It's a whole bunch of Democrats, plus Christine Quinn.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 509/08/2013

ABQ

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 609/08/2013

de Blaiso. I would have voted for Weiner but that would have been a wasted vote.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 709/08/2013

Christine Quinn is absolutely vile and if people want Bloomberg to have a 4th term, they should have the balls to recruit him.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 1009/08/2013

Bloomberg's dissing of De Blasio is the last piece of confidence De Blasio needed. Look for him to sweep the primsry on Tuesday and get enough of a margin to make a runoff completely unnecessary. Thank you for the free plug, stupid, entitled Nanny. That'll be your legacy!

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 1209/08/2013

Also, no candidate in NYC has ever fought harder against animal rights. On all 11 important animal-related issues, from requiring sprinklers in pet stores to reforming the city shelter system to having safeguards for animals in circuses to addressing the issue of the horse carriages, Quinn fails. Every single issue. She fails.

How can you vote for someone who hates animals?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 1309/08/2013

Weiner, the man gets me hot.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 1409/08/2013

Sal Albanese

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 1509/08/2013

DeBlasio, of course.

I'm looking forward to seeing Christine Quinn's mayoral hopes smashed to smithereens.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 1609/08/2013

I hate cats. Lhota "the kitten killer" gets my vote.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 1709/08/2013

Her face reminds me of the pig in Animal Farm- just can't do it. And that's in addition to the pandering to real estate moguls and selling out her constituents on St. Vincent's and overturning term limits.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 1809/08/2013

"Yes, OP, great poll, because we all know only Democrats are running for mayor."

r2, your comment makes no sense. You KNOW it is just the Primary on Tuesday, don't you?

If you are looking for the Republican Primary candidates, start your own thread.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 1909/08/2013

love DeBlasio and his cool wife and son!

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 2009/09/2013

I think it was the selling out of St Vincent's that really killed Quinn. The Bloomberg connection wasn't enough, its the vitriol that her constituents (validly) still aim towards her that buried her ass and from which she will never recover. If she had sincerely fought and managed to save the hospital shed still be frontrunner.

Sucks because its true the others are all too liberal especially Deblasio. They all suck including Quinn. Were screwed.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 2109/09/2013

any of you bitches voting for Weiner?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 2209/09/2013

Ed Koch, even with all his shortcomings, was the best.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 2509/09/2013

The sad thing is I would have loved to have had Wiener as mayor. If I didn't think he was crazy. In his campaign he's laid out some great ideas. I'm in the ABQ camp though. She's just so fucking abrasive. Plus I hate presumptive nominees which is what she thought she would be. I want to see her cry.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 2609/09/2013

deBlasio has no credentials, only a cute commercial with his son, "Tax the rich" plan and a promise of Pre-K for all kids which he can't keep since the money has to come from the State. Yesterday's Daily News had long story on "What We Don't Know About Big Bill."

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 2709/09/2013

Quinn is so far up the butts of the real estate industry all we can see are the tips of her shoes.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 2809/09/2013

Quinn...hell no Weiner is a a fool

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 2909/09/2013

bump

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3009/09/2013

I'm voting early and often!

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3109/09/2013

R22, hey, I'll vote for the sucker, he needs a chance, where do I go?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3209/09/2013

I've worked closely with City government, and until recently would have voted for Chris Quinn. Sure, she's an opportunist, but she is first and foremost a pragmatist, an essential quality for major elected office. Her fundamental values are decent, and I can live with most of her calculated compromises. She's blunt, which in my book is a welcome quality even if she sometimes crosses the line to abrasive.

That said, now that de Blasio stands a real chance, he has my vote. I've spent time with both him and Quinn, and know people who are close to both. While there are few politicians I'd want as personal friends, de Blasio comes closest. He is extremely smart, he's forthright, and unlike some prognosticators upthread, I think he'll balance his liberal inclinations with pragmatism. He did a fine job running the NY regional HUD office. There is no such thing as a complete shakeup of the status quo in NYC politics, but I think de Blasio will be boldest.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3309/09/2013

What do you think of our mayor in Philly, Philly Snoop?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3409/09/2013

[quote]Yesterday's Daily News had long story on "What We Don't Know About Big Bill."

And you think the Daily News shitting on him is supposed to make me LESS likely to vote him?

Fuck you, Mort Z.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3509/09/2013

Only New Yorkers care about the candidates and the issues. The rest of us only care about Anthony Weiner's wiener.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3609/09/2013

I'm voting for the White guy with the Black lesbian wife who has a son sporting the Jackson 5 afro. Let's bring the FREAK back to NYC!!!

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3709/09/2013

The city needs a liberal corrective after three Bloomberg terms and two Giuliani terms. Diblasio is the best candidate among the current contenders.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3809/09/2013

I'm not voting for any candidate who phones me during the tennis match tonight. Seriously.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 3909/09/2013

"Yes, OP, great poll, because we all know only Democrats are running for mayor."

Is there really any doubt that Lhota will win the Republican primary hands down? He's all but unopposed.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4009/09/2013

Serious question--I changed my party to Independent. Can I vote tomorrow?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4109/09/2013

Nobody got the right time

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4209/09/2013

[quote]What do you think of our mayor in Philly, Philly Snoop?

He's doing a dirty job in a dirty city. I like his occasional frankness though

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4309/09/2013

Oops, that was me

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4409/09/2013

No, R41, you can only vote tomorrow if you are registered with the Democratic or Republican party.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4509/09/2013

I'd vote for Weiner if he promised me some.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4609/09/2013

Oooh, scaremongering!

Police commissioner Ray Kelly said that none of the candidates seem to have any anti-terrorism plans.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4709/09/2013

Radio reports says in recount Thompson got 26.6%, but they only counted the machines. If absentee ballots aren't counted why should people bother to cast a ballot if they're not in the city on voting day?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4809/16/2013

Thompson has conceded.

R48, the NYC Board of Elections is a joke. The fact that they had to bring out the 50 year old machines to ensure that the votes would be counted in a "timely" manner is a sign that they have serious problems.

I was Democratic inspector a couple of times. When we took the poll worker test at the end of the training, I think the instructor pretty much told us the answers.

Last year on primary day, I went to vote a 2PM and there weren't any machines! Who knows if they ever set up by the end of the day, I had to go to work and had no time to go to the borough Board of Elections office to fill out a paper ballot.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 4909/16/2013

Did Thompson just concede today? Why did he wait a week?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 5009/16/2013

R50. He waited because he was right: every vote should have been counted. But his money finally ran out, and the Democratic Party was screeching that the party was being torn apart. It's the Board of Elections that should be ashamed. Who is their boss? Can we blame that on Nanny B?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 5109/16/2013

So did De Blasio remain over 40%?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 5209/16/2013

R 52. Doesn't matter now. Indications are that it would have taken almost a week to count all the paper ballots and most likely wouldn't have changed the basic outcome enough to cause much difference.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 5309/16/2013

Who is in charge of the inept Board of Elections, anyway? Wikipedia no help. Could be the State, but it is unclear. Does anyone know with certainty?

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 5409/16/2013

The NYC Board of Elections answers to no one. No Civil Service tests. Every employee is referred by another employee with political connections. It's the most corrupt agency, but politicians are afraid to reorganize it because chopping heads would mean their friends would have no jobs.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 5509/16/2013

deBlasio ran on a familiar theme. Promise everything to everyone by taxing the rich. He wants money so every kid can have Pre-K. One problem. He has no way to OK the plan because the money comes from Albany and they won't give it.

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 5609/16/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Myself, I'm supporting de Blasioreply 5709/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.