Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

RFK Jr.'s Sex Diary! Blind Items

"Robert F. Kennedy Jr. grappled with what he called his biggest defect — 'my lust demons' — while keeping a scorecard of more than two dozen conquests, according to his secret diary. The thick, red journal was found in their home by his wife, Mary Richardson Kennedy, who, distraught over their impending divorce and Kennedy’s serial philandering, committed suicide last year."

by Anonymousreply 7009/16/2013

What a piece of shit he is.

by Anonymousreply 109/08/2013

Is the diary real? Wonder if the Post vetted it carefully, I assume they did. Wonder who the women were, the article says one of them was "married to a famous actor".

RFK Jr has all the classic signs of sex addiction. Follows after his smack addiction; many addicts beat one problem only to replace it with another.

by Anonymousreply 309/08/2013

I know, I know, everyone is Gay on DL, but this reads like a classic case of trying to ignore the elephant in the room by overcompensating with random women.

by Anonymousreply 409/08/2013

[quote]Robert F. Kennedy Jr. grappled with what he called his biggest defect — 'my lust demons'

The Kennedy Curse strikes again...

by Anonymousreply 509/08/2013

Sad. Maybe he married too early.

by Anonymousreply 609/08/2013

Was it HIS dad who supposedly made out with Nureyev at some party?

by Anonymousreply 709/08/2013

How did the Post get his diary?

by Anonymousreply 809/08/2013

I'll bet his late wife's family discovered and leaked the diary.

They loathe this guy, and rightly so.

by Anonymousreply 909/08/2013

His collapse is complete.

by Anonymousreply 1009/08/2013

He's a scumbag that frightens dimwitted people (like Melissa Etheridge) about vaccines. He's a well-known creep, so I can't imagine any of this is news.

by Anonymousreply 1109/08/2013

I pick my nose.

by Anonymousreply 1209/08/2013

He is not gay. And if you had willing sex partners throwing themselves at you, then u likely would have struggles with fidelity.

His "sin" is dragging his wife's reputation in the mud during the divorce and likely prior to the divorce he manipulated his wife to drag her self esteem down into the dirt. Thus her alcoholism and eventual suicide.

Regardless we never know what went behind closed doors...

by Anonymousreply 1309/08/2013

[quote]the article says one of them was "married to a famous actor".

Matthew B.

by Anonymousreply 1409/08/2013

When's he going to disinter wife again? It's been a while since he last dug the poor dear up and reburied her so I am just wondering.

RFK Jr. is a peach. I'm sure his kids are well adjusted and just darling.

by Anonymousreply 1509/08/2013

Why couldn't he have been the one to go down in that plane?

by Anonymousreply 1609/08/2013

huh r14?

I always get riled at the idea of women "throwing themselves" at straight men as a rationale for their cheating. I get Tiger Woods having women throw themselves, Tom Brady, the kids in One Direction - but Bobby Jr? The women described here were all professionals, doctors, activists, lawyers, etc. These women were so horny for him they literally lost control and tore their clothes off once in a corner or alone with him? Don't buy it.

I know he's a Kennedy and there's celebrity and appeal there. I also remember the stories about his jackass grandfather pushing himself on women all the time. I think his pov is suspect.

by Anonymousreply 1709/08/2013

I don't know what the story on this guy is, how big a piece of shit is he?

by Anonymousreply 1809/08/2013

Was it one of his sons who was a target for Taylor Swift fot six weeks?

by Anonymousreply 1909/08/2013

r18 he's one of RFK's kids, who are the cause of 80% of the recent scandals in the family so right there. He was a heroin addict in his 20s/30s, that and his alleged womanizing broke up his first marriage. As noted he married Mary when she was pregnant after having cheated on his first wife with her. He also was close to brother Michael and knew all about his affair with the teen babysitter than caused huge trouble in the 90s. Then of course there was the breakdown of the 2nd marriage and the suicide.

On the flip side he's one of the only ones who hasn't been a famewhore by running for office. He's cleaned up his chemical addictions, and devoted his life to environmental causes.

r19 yes Swifty had it in for one of his sons. She actually bought a house on Cape Cod next to Ethel's to be near him (he was still in high school!) but later flipped it.

by Anonymousreply 2009/08/2013

Verificatia of Catholica Romana Size Meat?

by Anonymousreply 2109/08/2013

Size Meat? He's Irish!

by Anonymousreply 2209/08/2013

Thanks r20 but none of that makes him a horrible person. A lot of people we talk about here have drug addictions and fidelity problems he is no better or worse than any of them. His infidelity is selfishness but it is also an addiction that, if that diary is to be believed, he was aware of, ashamed of and made an attempt to control.

It is sad is his wife killed herself but having a family member that committed suicide I know that there isn't much you can do unless they want to get help and survive. You can't keep another person alive if they want to die. Their action shows that they were in desperate need of help and their success shows that they had no intention of getting it.

by Anonymousreply 2309/08/2013

I blame the Skakel side. They were a bunch of nutcases, alcoholics, and totally out of control.

Bobby was the decent Kennedy. Upsets me when it's one of his kids who is the total screwup.

by Anonymousreply 2409/08/2013

It's nobody's business but his own.

by Anonymousreply 2509/08/2013

"I blame the Skakel side. They were a bunch of nutcases, alcoholics, and totally out of control."

Because God knows the Kennedy family have always been known for their self-control and fidelity in sexual matters.

by Anonymousreply 2609/08/2013

I get so tired of this sex addiction crap.

I was an undergrad at the University of Virginia when he was in law school there.

The guy was fucking hot.

I have no idea what his social life was like or what he was like. But I still have a crystal clear image of him in tight blue jeans and cowboy boots that to this day still comes in handy.

I can't imagine with his name and looks he had to work very hard to get laid.

Just because it's easy for you to have sex and you do it a lot with different people - doesn't make you an addict.

Just makes you a slut.

by Anonymousreply 2709/08/2013

What is the news value? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 2809/08/2013

R28, this is a *gossip* website. Gossip is universally understood to include the private details of other people's sex lives.

For the news, the whole news and nothing but the news - go read a news website.

by Anonymousreply 2909/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 3009/08/2013

Glenn Close, you in danger gurl. Don't think I didn't see you with RFK, Jr at Oklahoma! during previews.

by Anonymousreply 3109/08/2013

Why are all of the Kennedy women "handsome" with the exception of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, who was a true feminine beauty?

by Anonymousreply 3209/08/2013

?? Carolyn was hardly a beauty, she was extremely plain facially and had the horsiest face I'd ever seen. Had weirdly piercing ice blue eyes that would have been stunning had she stayed brunette but she continually insisted on coloring her hair butter yellow. Was willowy statuesque and wore clothes well but that was about it.

by Anonymousreply 3309/08/2013

Typical Kennedy...fucking pig!!!

by Anonymousreply 3409/08/2013

It's a shame she let him down by killing herself, when he obviously needed understanding. Typically selfish female move.

by Anonymousreply 3509/08/2013

r24, RE Bobby was the decent Kennedy. Upsets me when it's one of his kids who is the total screwup.

He was the father and the children bear his name.

by Anonymousreply 3609/08/2013

he was the father but I think we all know he was not there

by Anonymousreply 3709/08/2013

Ethel raised those kids. Bobby was MIA. That's why they turned out to be such fuck ups.

by Anonymousreply 3809/08/2013

Can we agree that nobody AT ALL moralizes about a celebrity's infidelity except straight women?

by Anonymousreply 3909/08/2013

Maybe the women didn't throw themselves at him but I bet they were very interested and let him know. He is very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 4009/08/2013

[quote]Swifty had it in for one of his sons. She actually bought a house on Cape Cod next to Ethel's to be near him (he was still in high school!) but later flipped it.

I guess she thought it was cheaper to spend a few million on a house instead of having to stay at some cheap motel at Hyannis.

by Anonymousreply 4109/09/2013

Close your legs to married men.

by Anonymousreply 4209/09/2013

Well, this must be nightmarish for him. Love how the Post article mentions he was considering a run for the senate...

I also find his deeply ingrained Catholicism weird. It seems almost childish. Do average Catholics think like this?

by Anonymousreply 4309/09/2013

How did Cheryl end up with him? She's dumber than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 4409/09/2013

He's a whiny, Kennedy asshole with a completely undeserved sense of self-entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 4509/09/2013

But his daddy died when he was so young!

Do all the kids think that is supposed to garner some sympathy and provide them with some sort of "excuse"?

by Anonymousreply 4609/09/2013

R38: Bobby was dead. You make it sound like he took off or something.

by Anonymousreply 4709/09/2013

Wouldn't it be more honest for us to accept that some people just like to fuck different people a lot and it shouldn't be that big a deal, rather than it leading to the end of relationships, marriages, careers and even lives? It's just sex for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 4809/09/2013

r17, I don't understand your point.

Are you saying that because a woman has achieved some conventional aspects of status such as being highly educated and employed professionally that she wouldn't throw themselves at a rich, attractive powerful man?

If that's what you mean- Bwahahahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 4909/09/2013

Ethel practically ignored the kids after Bobby was killed.

A self-absorbed woman who didn't have a clue about parenting, yet she continued to make the annual list of Most Admired Women year after year.

The book The Other Mrs. Kennedy, by Jerry Oppenheimer is an excellent read.

by Anonymousreply 5009/09/2013

Where's the bar? I need a drink.

by Anonymousreply 5109/09/2013

R48, I agree. I don't understand why we are so puritanical about it even natural to be sexually monogamous?

by Anonymousreply 5209/09/2013

I'm waiting for nude selfies to show up.

by Anonymousreply 5309/09/2013

And Ethel wasn't much of a mother (except for popping them out) when Bobby was alive. I can't recall which publication I read it in, (probably Vanity Fair), but Hickory Hill could best described as chaotic when Bobby was alive. He wasn't around a great deal, but that's what fatherhood of the era was like. At least he was described as attentive and involved when he was around. Ethel was inattentive for the most part, except when she became an angry, volatile disciplinarian if one of the boys misbehaved. She struck one or two of the boys across the face, IIRC. And she was inconsistent with the discipline.

The descriptions of Ethel's behavior made me think she was one of those housewives on the sauce who drinks out of a teacup. It makes sense given her family background. Seems like the kids got the double-whammy genetic endowment.

by Anonymousreply 5409/09/2013

[quote]Wouldn't it be more honest for us to accept that some people just like to fuck different people a lot and it shouldn't be that big a deal, rather than it leading to the end of relationships, marriages, careers and even lives?

Such people simply need to be honest with themselves and their partners. If you can't or don't want to be monogamous, own it and only pursue similarly minded people for sex and romance. Do not follow the lead of "devout" Catholic RFK Jr., who pledged to his wife and his god that he'd be be sexually faithful to her for the rest of their lives.

And R52: sexual monogamy is certainly natural for me and always has been.

by Anonymousreply 5509/09/2013

What R55 says to the letter. Monogamy is natural for some and not for others. Sex drives vary and if people like Kennedy were more honest with themselves and the people they purport to care about, tragedies like Mary Richardson's might have been avoided.

by Anonymousreply 5609/09/2013

[quote]Are you saying that because a woman has achieved some conventional aspects of status such as being highly educated and employed professionally that she wouldn't throw themselves at a rich, attractive powerful man?

Women will certainly throw themselves at powerful men whether or not they’ve achieved status or not. What I stated was that I took issue with the notion that its always the other woman’s fault for a straight man cheating, that women “throw themselves” at them so therefore there’s impunity. Bobby K makes it sound as if these women were literally tearing their clothes off with no self control and “mugging” him as he put it. Puh-lease. It clearly takes two to tango.

My point wasn’t about the types of women who would chase rich married men; clearly there are all types everyplace. It was about assignment of main blame to them. Esp in the case of the Kennedys who are known sex thugs and addicts.

by Anonymousreply 5709/09/2013

He had a lot more in his diary. From today's NY Post article

RFK’s secret slams against Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Gov. Cuomo

Over breakfast on New Year’s Day 2001, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and his brother-in-law Andrew Cuomo sat down to talk politics. Cuomo’s tenure as secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development was about to end, and he sought Kennedy’s counsel as he mulled a run for New York governor. “Andrew could win because he is totally focused and energetic,” Kennedy later observes. “He could lose because he lacks humanity and doesn’t love people. He is not a retail politician.” Cuomo did go on to seek the Democratic nomination in 2002 and blundered badly. His criticism of Gov. George Pataki in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks was widely viewed as inappropriate and derailed his campaign

RFK Jr. also kept notes for his journal during his month-long stint in a Puerto Rican prison that July. He, the Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson’s wife, Jacqueline, were charged with trespassing during protests on Vieques, the Puerto Rican island the US Navy used as a bombing range. The Revs. Jackson and Sharpton “give me the creeps,” Kennedy writes in a July 5 entry. “Al Sharpton has done more damage to the black cause than [segregationist Alabama Gov.] George Wallace. He has suffocated the decent black leaders in New York,” he says. “His transparent venal blackmail and extortion schemes taint all black leadership.” Rev. Al Sharpton gave Robert F. Kennedy Jr. “the creeps,” he wrote in his diary. He goes on to call Sharpton a “buffoon” who has never escaped the “stench” of his advocacy for Tawana Brawley, the black Dutchess County teen who fabricated a story about six white men raping her in 1987.

He writes that Jesse Jackson has “a desperate and destructive addiction to publicity.” He recalls that Jackson, at labor leader Cesar Chavez’s funeral, pushed “Cesar’s friends and family out of the way to make himself lead pall bearer.”“His love affair with [Nation of Islam leader] Louis Farrakhan and his Jewish xenophobia are also unforgivable,” Kennedy adds.“I feel dirty around him, and I feel like I’m being used. I feel like with Jesse, it’s all about Jesse.”

Kennedy responded on Sunday to the revelation of his journal.“The NY Post has chosen to print excerpts from a 13-year-old diary illegally stolen from me,” he said in an e-mail. “The diary served as a tool for self-examination and for dealing with my spiritual struggles at the time. It also contains unedited, unfiltered stream-of-consciousness musings about current events and people.’’ “Nothing in that diary was ever meant for publication. I have nothing but respect for Governor Cuomo, Rev. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, all of whom have distinguished themselves as extraordinary national leaders over the past decade.”

But in the journal, even former Gov. Mario Cuomo — who was Kennedy’s lawyer in the Vieques case — is not spared criticism. Cuomo, the father-in-law of his sister Kerry Kennedy at the time, was working on a deal to spare RFK Jr. prison time in the case, but the environmentalist, seeking to shine a spotlight on endangered species in the region, insisted on being treated like the other protesters. At first, he ripped Cuomo’s judgment on his case. Then he ultimately acknowledged that Cuomo had done a “good job.”

While locked up, Kennedy had a stream of prominent visitors, including then-Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.Clinton, he writes, spoke of her recent visit to Sharpton in a Brooklyn cell block where he was alone with four television sets.Clinton said Sharpton griped about being strip-searched — and also “went off on’’ Jackson. Other jail visitors included actor Benicio del Toro and Kennedy’s mother, Ethel, whom he refers to as “Mummy.” Kennedy was released in early August 2001, a month before 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 5809/09/2013

On Sept. 11, 2001, he writes: “Armageddon!!” The next day, Kennedy writes that President George W. Bush is “an idiot and a puppet, and it’s painful watching him on TV.” On Sept. 15, he calls Bush a simpleton who is “promising revenge in a crusade.” “He will drop million-dollar bombs on 10 dollar houses in Kabul and bomb [them] back to the dirt age,” he says. “It’s agonizing having him as our leader, and I know the forces of darkness in his administration will turn this awful tragedy to their advantage.”

Kennedy puts his feelings aside Nov. 20 to attend the renaming of the Justice Department headquarters in Washington, DC, after his father, a former US attorney general. “Bush was charming,” he recalls. But he had a tougher time with Edwin Meese, attorney general under President Ronald Reagan. “I had to hold my nose when I shook hands with Ed Meese, but I did it,” he writes, without explaining the reason for his scorn.

Back in NY, Kennedy — who was backing Democrat Mark Green in the mayor’s race against Michael Bloomberg — praises Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s handling of 9/11 but is outraged by the prospect of Giuliani staying past his final term to deal with the aftermath of the terror attacks. “I saw Rudy Giuliani, that little despot, threatening on TV last night to make some sort of deal with the mayoral candidates about staying on for a couple extra months,” he writes. He says Giuliani was “desperate” to hold onto power. Kennedy writes that he reached out to Green “in case he might be tempted by this absurd offer.” Green told him he already heard from Giuliani, who threatened to run for a third term if he could not stay on for three extra months.The plan never went forward, and Bloomberg won the election. Kennedy writes that he had breakfast with Bloomberg on Dec. 11 and that the mayor-elect “committed to consult me” on his choice of commissioner for the Department of Environmental Protection.

President Clinton also consulted Kennedy on Jan. 19, his last day in the Oval Office. Clinton wanted to discuss Vieques. “He sounded tired, and I knew this was a call he didn’t want to make,” Kennedy writes. Two months later, the two marched in a St. Patrick’s Day parade in Mount Kisco. Recalling their talk, Kennedy writes that he said Clinton seemed to be “taking a beating” — possibly a reference to the president’s controversial pardon of campaign donor Marc Rich on tax-evasion charges. Clinton replied, “I know, seems like there’s different rules for the Republicans than for me.”

by Anonymousreply 5909/09/2013

Oy! I bet Bill Clinton isn't talking his calls these days. Granted, he's a creep, but he's some quasi- celebrity that probably hasn't even been slightly relevant since the Clinton administration. The Obamas don't seem to have much use for the Kennedys (except for Caroline) either.

by Anonymousreply 6009/09/2013

I know he's a creep but am feeling for him a bit here. Diaries are supposed to be private, this feels like a violation.

by Anonymousreply 6109/09/2013

[quote]Wouldn't it be more honest for us to accept that some people just like to fuck different people a lot and it shouldn't be that big a deal, rather than it leading to the end of relationships, marriages, careers and even lives? It's just sex for fuck's sake.

Someone upthread mentioned that it's the straight women who moralize about sex, R48.

I'd add male religious fundamentalists but it's women in this thread. t

by Anonymousreply 6209/09/2013

R61, this is a gossip site. If you're not interested in violating people's privacy, you're in the wrong place.

by Anonymousreply 6309/09/2013

and they're sending Caroline off to the sought after ambassador's post of Japan.

by Anonymousreply 6409/09/2013

I agree, R61

I believe R61 is referring to the diary being taken and given to a newspaper and the newspaper publishing it, not the little comments on DL, R63.

by Anonymousreply 6509/09/2013

I'm sure the Post has consulted thoroughly with their attorneys. But I can't help but wonder that the diary was obtained through some illegal means. From the original story, it sounds like Mary Richardson found the diary and revealed the contents to a "confidant." Did she hand it over to a friend or her attorney with instructions "If something happens to me, make sure it all comes out." Who knows. Generally, I agree with R61.

And the revelations about Jackson and Sharpton are probably very common sentiments among liberals but they're afraid to reveal them with any candor.

by Anonymousreply 6609/09/2013

Thanks for your input, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 6709/09/2013

Too bad Dominick Dunne - who loathed RFK Jr. - isn't around to witness this act of humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 6809/09/2013

(R20) The reason he didn't run for political office when he was younger was a drug arrest (shot up on a plane during his addiction days). He's not pro-choice so he can't run for a Senate seat in NY plus Weiner and Spitzer were just defeated so even in NY there seems to be fatigue with his brand of turd.

I'm sure the NY Post got his diary from the wife's family. She was mentally ill and while he can't be blamed for her suicide, he is poisonous. Cheryl Hines should run for her life.

by Anonymousreply 6909/16/2013

And there is also the matter of his voice. It stems from a medical condition, but still.

Check it out on you tube.

by Anonymousreply 7009/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!