Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

West LA is too full of PERSIANS

by Anonymousreply 4209/09/2013

Don't worry, the Armenians and Saudis will overtake them soon, as they are the rest of other areas around LA.

by Anonymousreply 109/08/2013

I agree with r1. I don't know about Saudis but Jesus-fucking-Christ there are a whole shit load of Armenian bastards. And the Armenians usually are lying cheating, stealing and conspiring bastards. Don't believe it? Just ask one. He'll fucking tell you.

by Anonymousreply 209/08/2013

They are all over Sports Club LA (now equinox) and some of the most beautiful cocks I have ever seen. Love being naked in the steam room and jacuzzi. Hooked up with a couple.

by Anonymousreply 309/08/2013

And they all drive Mercedes up and down Ventura Blvd.

by Anonymousreply 409/08/2013

I think the WHAT IS IT WITH RUSSIANS thread has inspired this one.

by Anonymousreply 509/08/2013

What I want to know is where the Persians get their money. So many of them have no visible means of support yet they're loaded. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 609/08/2013

I'm confused. I'm not aware of a huge cache of Persians in LA. Are you saying Persians = Iranians? Or Persians = Armenians? I see a fuck load of Armenians.

by Anonymousreply 709/08/2013

LA=Persians Glendale=Armenians

by Anonymousreply 809/08/2013

[quote] I'm confused. I'm not aware of a huge cache of Persians in LA. Are you saying Persians = Iranians? Or Persians = Armenians?

We're talking about Persian cats. Those tacky creatures are all over LA. And they usually are lying cheating, stealing and conspiring bastards. Don't believe it? Just ask one. He'll fucking tell you.

by Anonymousreply 909/08/2013

I second R3's report. One of the most perfectly beautiful penises I ever enjoyed was attached to a Persian.

Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 1009/08/2013

You had me going until the talking cats part.

by Anonymousreply 1109/08/2013

Let's not forget that Brooklyn is getting filled with way too many Hipsters! They've even permeated Bushwick, Greenpoint and now Ridgewood which borders Queens.

Where is the variation and mixture of cultures when everyone looks, acts, eats and thinks the same? It's odd and creepy, it's basically a bunch of clones walking the streets.

I avoid Brooklyn like the Bubonic Plague.

by Anonymousreply 1209/08/2013

R6, the Persians began arriving en masse after the Revolution of '79. Those who came were usually the ones who had the cash to get the hell out -- bankers, businessmen, lawyers, doctors, scientists, professors, the Shah's cronies, etc. Once here, they had the means to live in the best neighborhoods and put their kids in good schools. According to reports, Iranian-Americans are among the most educated and affluent immigrant communities in the US, usually occupying good-paying jobs in business, law, medicine, science, engineering, and education.

They're everywhere, R7. Brentwood, Westwood, Encino, the Platinum Triangle... Look for them in the tonier neighborhoods. (See wikipedia article "Tehrangeles.")

by Anonymousreply 1309/08/2013

But why are they called Persians? It's been Iran since 1935.

by Anonymousreply 1409/08/2013

Why are black people called African Americans? No one knows.

Whatever you want to call them, money doesn't buy class. Gaudy, gaudy, GAUDY.

by Anonymousreply 1509/08/2013

It stands to reason since so many men in Hollywood wear high quality rugs.

by Anonymousreply 1609/08/2013

r16 Not wear, ride.

by Anonymousreply 1709/08/2013

[quote]But why are they called Persians? It's been Iran since 1935.

They call themselves Persians to distance themselves from present-day Iran - because they know how much Americans hate Iran. They don't want to be treated like the enemy in their new home.

Also, "Persian" is exotic, "Iranian" is angry, crazy and diabolic.

by Anonymousreply 1909/08/2013

I wonder how many of them have terrorist connections...

by Anonymousreply 2109/08/2013

Mega-rich Persians left Iran in the wake of the 1979 Revolution. Thoese are the only Persians you are likely to meet in Europe or the US. So, yes, they're invariably loaded.

by Anonymousreply 2309/08/2013

Ooops R13 said it all already.

And yes, R19.

by Anonymousreply 2409/08/2013

R19 hit the nail on the head.

by Anonymousreply 2509/08/2013

But the B.O...

by Anonymousreply 2609/08/2013

I've known five Iranian PhD students which isn't a huge sample. But all of them cheated through their programs. They all viewed a PhD as a commodity that you buy. And they did.

by Anonymousreply 2709/08/2013

PhD in what?

by Anonymousreply 2809/08/2013

OP, I live in an area of Brooklyn filled with JEWS, so there!

by Anonymousreply 2909/08/2013

As a teen I worked in the library and part of my job was to keep track of this persian girl who would steal books. Her fater was a doctor and they were richer than Midas but she still stole.

by Anonymousreply 3009/08/2013

R26, the Persians of Los Angeles are usually well-groomed and smell nice. It's the Armenians and Pakistanis that eschew deodorant.

by Anonymousreply 3109/08/2013

Hah - you want Armenians? Try North Hollywood. Block after block of them.

by Anonymousreply 3209/09/2013

While premed at UCLA, there was an interesting phenomena. The only folks taking multiple bathroom breaks during premed tests...were Persians. At first I thought Persians had genetically small bladders. then I realized they had buddies with answers and cheat sheets in the bathrooms. In fact, to reduce (Persian) cheating, UCLA started dividing the 2 hour tests: you would take the first part, then turn it in. Then get a bathroom break, then be given the second part. This temporarily foiled the Persians.

by Anonymousreply 3309/09/2013

West Hills - San Fernando Valley - all the Persians who can't afford Bev Hills. Good god - the Topanga Mall is under siege!

by Anonymousreply 3409/09/2013

We actually have one of those families, Persians, next door. Very quiet. Well behaved children, very rich.

I suppose the last quality is most endearing and important.

by Anonymousreply 3509/09/2013

Silly. Xerxus

by Anonymousreply 3609/09/2013

Well, all I know is that they've driven up the price of domestic slaves.

by Anonymousreply 3709/09/2013

They are called "Persians" because that's what Westerners had always called it, in accordance with its most powerful and capital province, for 2,500 years until the wave of "Iranian" fundamentalism that possessed the Shah and his supporters in 1935 to stop tolerating it.

Furthermore, a lot of Persian-Americans prefer "Persian" because it's more of an ethnic designation than a locale -- they do not live in Iran anymore, and insisting on calling it Iran is a relatively recent and politically charged development.

Many Persian-Americans are refugees and political dissidents eager to distinguish themselves from both the European puppet shahs who changed the name in the first place and the mad mullahs who took over the country in 1979.

My ex-roommate was Persian; her father and other relatives were killed by the revolutionaries.

One family that runs a Persian restaurant in my city named it "Persepolis" and dedicated it to the ancient capital, with pictures of Greek ruins in Iran, as a way of emphasizing ancient glory and the Western, intellectual values in Iran versus crazy Khomenis.

I prefer "Persian" when referring to the ethnic group because all the "Iranians" I know prefer it and we Westerners should get to keep some traditions of our own.

Plus I despise the jingoist, nationalist fundamentalism that leads to these sort of name changes and intolerance.

(I'm looking at YOU, Mumbai and Myanmar!)

by Anonymousreply 3809/09/2013

We do they have to renew their vows all the time? I swear this couple I know gets remarried every other year.

by Anonymousreply 3909/09/2013

R38 has grandiose notions of him/herself.

by Anonymousreply 4009/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 4109/09/2013

I was traveling in Asia, and met a gorgeous young Iranian guy. Besides being gorgeous, he was polite, friendly, and charming.

Anyway, I told him that I'm from Los Angeles, and that there is a large number of Iranians in L.A.

His reply?

"Oh yes, in my country it's known as Tehrangeles."

by Anonymousreply 4209/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!