Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

As 9/11 Anniversary Approaches. Never Forget

Thay Rudy Giuliani insisted on locating NYC's Office of Emergency Management inside the WTC after it had already been attacked once. He disregarded NYPD, FDNY, the FBI and the Secret Service who all advised against placing it there.

He wanted somewhere close to City Hall that Donna Hanover would not have access to do he could bang his current-at-the-time gf, Cristyne Lateganos, who had security clearance.

He later told his tale of escaping from the idiotically-placed OEM as a heroic one.

He also approved a no-bid contract for FDNY radios that were never tested.

If there were a hell, he'd burn a long time

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 4009/10/2013

americans need to move on!

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 109/07/2013

As far as Giuliani is concerned, it has.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 209/07/2013

9/11 iconography disturbs me. I choose to remember the victims. I don't give a damn about the towers they died in though. Why should I worship an inanimate object?

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 309/07/2013

As 9/11 Anniversary Approaches. Never Forget...

that your government, can and will lie to you.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 409/07/2013

A few thousand people died and we spent billions on monuments with a significant fraction going to their families.

We launched two wars costing trillions of dollars and lost thousands of soldiers.

Tens of thousands of others were wounded and have come to find themselves unemployed or homeless.

PTSD and brain injuries are rampant among veterans of the two wars.

Meanwhile, we ignore the deaths of hundreds of thousands, probably millions of others, around the world from genocide.

In the great scheme of things, it was a blip - a tragic day in a world of far greater tragedies.

Snap out of it.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 509/07/2013

Remember how the two towers collapsed so unnaturally.

Remember why some people (companies) seemed to be warned beforehand.

Israel must be pleased when America re-started the war against Iraq.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 609/07/2013

R3 R4 R5. Fuck yourselves with a scimitar

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 709/07/2013

Here we go...

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 809/07/2013

I hear the new World Trade Center is a relentless top.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 909/07/2013

Knock, knock!

Who's there?

9/11.

9/11 who?

YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER FORGET!!!

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1009/07/2013

r5 is the Queen Of White Guilt.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1109/07/2013

I hate that Giuliani is seen as some kind of hero of 9/11, he's a fraud and a lot of those firefighters hated him. Thanks for the reminder OP.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1209/07/2013

r7- why should I care about the towers? If it weren't for those stupid buildings being so high and constricting, the people would have gotten out faster and not so many people would have died.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1309/07/2013

[quote]Thay Rudy Giuliani insisted

Thay?????

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1409/07/2013

[5] I have to agree with you. The odd thing about that is I was only a block away and witnessed the whole thing. I was very, very shaken up and probably changed forever. I was angry and full of fear.

It was horrible and big, but the invasion of Iraq turned my anger from the middle east to the US.

I knew nothing of the world until 9/11. I was so ignorant. Now I make sure I am informed. I am ashamed of the US for what it has done. So many innocent lives in exchange for far less Americans and for all the wrong reasons. It's disgusting and I now have no care for 9/11 and all the gratuitous displays of public grief.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1509/07/2013

R15 Most Americans are still like you THEN!!!

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1609/07/2013

R[15] here again. Another thing that completely appalls me is our treatment of our Veterans. Maybe the money wasted on monuments and 9/11 blather should go to those deserving individuals sent off to idiot in chiefs war.

Why these people aren't cared for for life is another horrific blot on this country.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1709/07/2013

It's the day in which the New York-based media totally forgets that planes crashed in D.C. and Pa, except for a three second report at 6:30. It's just about the WTC.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1809/07/2013

Sorry to nitpick, but this is a pet peeve of mine. The Pentagon is not in Washington, D.C. It is in Arlington, Virginia. Now, please carry on.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 1909/07/2013

We will never forget the day America was bamboozled by its own military.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 2009/07/2013

Doesn't matter where it is. We make sure that no one will remember the casualties there.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 2109/07/2013

Right after 9/11 I got the American flag Discover Card that they were marketing heavily in order to show my support! And then I used it to shop just like George Bush Jr told me to.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 2209/07/2013

But

it's

his

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!!!!!!!!!!

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 2409/07/2013

[quote]americans need to move on!

I wouldn't hold my breath...

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 2509/07/2013

I forgot all about it OP. What I do remember is that it happened on September 11, 2001, not September 11, 2013. I have a life. I didnt have anyone i knew die on that day from terrorism. Call me when it becomes a national holiday. I'm not going to let September 11, 2013 ruined because of something that happened 12 years ago. Life goes on. I had enough of the grief buffet after a decade.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 2709/07/2013

Pearl Harbor Day? Americans don't give two fucks about Pearl Harbor.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 2809/07/2013

[quote]this topic is really complex for me. It's nice to vent.

Too complex to put a fucking R in front of the reply number, the way it's been done on DL for 15 years? Die in a grease fire.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 2909/07/2013

So 17, how the hell long are we to coddle and support veterans? They joined, they knew what they were joining, they fought and got paid for services rendered and now we have to support them for the rest of their life?

And now on to our next war.....

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3009/07/2013

R18, there's a reason why they focus on the Twin Towers on 9/11. It is a huge blot on the US that their military headquarters, the Pentagon, was successfully attacked and partially destroyed by a few nameless guys with box cutters. The US spent trillions of dollars during the Cold War trying to prevent Russia from attacking the country, and for the cost of a few flying lessons and cheap weapons, the headquarters of the world's biggest military was in flames.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3109/07/2013

R18 - Most of the lives lost were at the WTC.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3209/07/2013

Chelsea: I was going to the beach

Hillary: You were jogging downtown

Chelsea: I was in midtown and heard the crash.

Hillary: You were missing for hours

Chelsea: I arrived at my friends house that I was going to the beach with.

Hillary: I called your father, MY HUSBAND in Australia and lied that you were fine

Chelsea: We sat and wathced TV

Hillary: I was beside myself with worry

Chelsea and Hillary: ah yes we remember it well

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3309/07/2013

R[30] you're an idiot. You think the paper pushers who work for the govt. don't get pensions? The young people who signed up 13 years ago certainly did not know how long they would be trapped there. This was supposed to be a slam dunk. In and out...

You're everything that's wrong with this country. Selfish greedy no brain piece of shit. Ohhh My precious tax $$$ sick of paying for everyone else's free ride.

You make sick. Pathetic.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3409/07/2013

R34 is what's wrong with this country. We need to make stupidity a capital offense.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3509/07/2013

You can't fix stoopid!

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3609/07/2013

[quote]The young people who signed up 13 years ago certainly did not know how long they would be trapped there.

Exactly what my divorce attorney will argue.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3709/07/2013

Now that is a worthy remembrance OP!

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3809/09/2013

Dick Cheney's bank account remembers it quite fondly.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 3909/10/2013

You don't see Brits moaning over July 7 - or Madrid or any if the other places that ha be been attacked.

Sept 11 is just another date in history that something tragic happened on. Yeah, I was one of this queens shaking and moaning on the day. But it was twelve years ago. Time to move on.

by He's America's Mayor, All Rightreply 4009/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.