Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone ever dated someone who only views food as fuel?

I love to cook and eat. I like the experience of dining. He eats the same thing every day and is very quick and economical in his eating. I understand his reasoning for his unvaried diet. He had gained quite a bit of weight and he started what is basically the Atkins diet. He won't eat my food because he doesn't think it's healthy, which it can be.

Seriously, this may end up as a deal breaker.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 4209/08/2013

What does he eat repeatedly every day? I am curious.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 209/07/2013

R2 he grills sirloin and chicken and eats it everyday for lunch and dinner. He also eats boiled eggs, canned spinach (gag), and blueberries. Snacks are peanuts. He cooks for the entire week. I can appreciate his undaunting routine to look good but, damn, he won't let me take him out to a restaurant once in awhile. I'm not fat but I enjoy dining out and the whole experience of being waited on and not cleaning up. I also love to cook and I'm a good cook but I can't do that either for him.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 309/07/2013

Frankly, R4, his doc told him to cut down on red meat. His cholesterol is too high.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 509/07/2013

I once had BF who only ate brussels sprouts, chili with beans, hot wings, cabbage, pizza, and red beans and rice, and washed it all down with copious amounts of cheap beer he bought by the case.

You can imagine the daily horrors I faced.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 709/07/2013

Food as

Fuel Nutrition Belief Art Tourism Celebrity Survival - the only one not annoying

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 1009/07/2013

Nothing could be more disheartening for someone who loves to cook than a partner who is indifferent to your efforts.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 1609/07/2013

For some people, food is like alcohol is to an alcoholic. If someone keeps tempting them, either they'll relapse or they'll push you away to get away from the temptation.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 1809/07/2013

R17, why in the world would you suggest that the OP cook his boyfriend's diet food?

That is ridiculous.

The boyfriend/partner is obviously happy grilling his sirloin and chicken on a grill all at one time for the entire week, and his other food takes no preparation except boiling eggs.

And if the boyfriend/partner wanted spices he would his own friggin' spices on while grilling.

And R16 is a freakin' drama queen and crybaby.

The last thing you want to suggest someone become subservient to another who is perfectly self-sufficient regarding food preparation.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 2009/07/2013

From top to bottom,this thread is dripping with neurosis.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 2109/07/2013

Well, I've always considered ice cream a mood stabilizer.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 2209/07/2013

One of those celebrity chefs said in response to Jada P Smith about food is fuel (paraphrasing): Eating food for nourishment only is like having sex only for procreation.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 2309/07/2013

1. those foods should not be kept for an entire week. He is likely eating spoiled food.

2. He is a mess, Atkins is a horrid diet.

3. punch, delete.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 2409/08/2013

R20, just trying to find a compromise for when one wants to cook for his partner, and the partner who only eats particular things. It doesn't need to be a dealbreaker

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 2509/08/2013

I find people who eat for fuel far less annoying than those who consider themselves "foodies." You like food? Awesome. So does almost everyone. You like food that tastes good and is high quality? Awesome. So does almost everyone. Giving yourself a label like "foodie" does not make you unique or interesting. Try cultivating a personality.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 2609/08/2013

The amount of poops must be craazzeee!

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 3009/08/2013

I am also a super taster and enjoy those tastes you revile.

Super tasters are not required to have baby supertastes.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 3309/08/2013

Crazy ass Jada Pinket Smith has this "food as fuel" attitude, OP, so take that for what its worth.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 3409/08/2013

Nearly all Dutchman are this way

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 3509/08/2013

c

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 3609/08/2013

[quote]What business is it of yours, anyways?

When you are with someone, sharing meals as a very important ritual. And if you live together, it is a wast of time and money to always prepare two, different meals.

Someone who eats the same thing every day sounds too boring to live.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 3709/08/2013

Don't get into relationships with people who have different priorities than you. It'll never work out. This includes issues like money, religion, politics, exercise, and yes, food. Food is a major part of our lives. If you and your partner are constantly fighting over something as basic as food, then you'll come to resent each other over time.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 3809/08/2013

Actually, R17 has a great suggestion. My bf is like yours OP - he never eats out and refuses to touch anything carby/starchy/overly fried and oiled up. He has a super sensitive palate and can taste the additives in almost anything. To compromise, I do a lot of Paleo baking (gluten free, refined sugar free breads and muffins) which he happily eats.

If you can't find a compromise and learn to take a creative interest in what he's doing, then ultimately R38 is right.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 3909/08/2013

[quote]Today I am making Low carb Chicken Veggie soup

How could chicken vegetable soup be high-carb?

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 4009/08/2013

Picky eaters are attention seekers.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 4109/08/2013

There's a lot of reasons 2 people can't get along. BUT THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. Find a compromise and respect each other's preferences.

by I know.....get a fucking blogreply 4209/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.