Since 1995

The fact that Putin, IRAN and the Pope all are against Obama

Makes me rethink my position

by Anonymousreply 3909/08/2013

Good point...

by Anonymousreply 109/06/2013

and NIcholas Kristoff is for him. . . .

by Anonymousreply 209/06/2013

Why don't you enlist in the upcoming war with Syria? Sounds like you're already very motivated.

by Anonymousreply 309/06/2013

I'm very very old

by Anonymousreply 409/06/2013

And most of the Republicans in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 509/06/2013

Yeah and most progressives

by Anonymousreply 609/06/2013

You'd rather stand with them?

by Anonymousreply 709/06/2013

Does Syria have anything good we could steal from them?

by Anonymousreply 809/06/2013

[quote]Does Syria have anything good we could steal from them?

by Anonymousreply 909/07/2013

[quote]They hate gays there faggot

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1109/07/2013

You're a moron who knows nothing about Syria, R10.

Women in power and I've met openly-gay Syrians. When were you there since you know so much? We'll compare notes.

It'll become another Al Qaeda training ground once Obama gets his way.

by Anonymousreply 1209/07/2013

This is the only reason we are talking about bombing Syria.

Rwanda didn't have oil, Somalia didn't have oil, Sudan/Darfur didn't have oil and we have stood by and watched while millions have been slaughtered. Throw oil into the equation, different story.

Rather sad - and goes to show no matter which party is in the White House, the same interests trump all, regardless of what they say on the campaign trail.

by Anonymousreply 1309/07/2013

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 1409/07/2013

When I read more into the 'mystery' of the culpability of the sarin attacks, it definitely made me rethink things. Funny how I used to be so critical of these things back in the Iraq war days but a decade of cynicism and circus has turned me into a drone . . . almost.

by Anonymousreply 1509/07/2013

This is all motivated by the oil pipeline they want to put through Syria. That's why Saudi Arabia is so gung ho for it.

And OP, the rebls are FOR the bombing, and they have ties to Al Qaeda, AND they are fundamentalist Islamists. You know, the kind that hang gay people?

by Anonymousreply 1609/07/2013

[quote]Somalia didn't have oil,

And we sent troops in. Last time I checked, Bosnia doesn't have oil either.

by Anonymousreply 1709/07/2013

It shouldn't be done and Obama did not really want to do it. That's why he ask congress to vote for it. He knew they actually can't vote for it. So Obama was being pressured by our Military Corporations, The CIA and Israel to hit Syria. He couldn't go against those bullies, they would kill him if he didn't give them their way. So now it's up to the American people to say, NO!

In the end Obama gets what he really wanted in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 1809/07/2013

[quote]This is all motivated by the oil pipeline they want to put through Syria. That's why Saudi Arabia is so gung ho for it.

Wouldn't Assad's regime be preferable to bloody chaos for constructing an oil pipeline?

by Anonymousreply 1909/07/2013

And the UN. And 10 out of 20 at the G20 I think. Just because you don't like someone does not mean they can't be right.

by Anonymousreply 2009/07/2013

Obama is being bullied and "they" will kill him if he didn't go to war. So he had to go to Congress hoping secretly that do the opposite of what he's asking for. Will he be blinking out "Help me" when he speaks to the nation justifying action again Syria Tuesday night?

Yes, that all makes sense in Bizarro world.

by Anonymousreply 2109/07/2013

Our dollar is tied to oil. If America loses that what happens?

I'm not for any war but I want to know what happens if the day comes where the US loses as the reserve currency for oil.

Can anybody answer that question please?

by Anonymousreply 2209/07/2013

And the US people are opposed to it

And the British parliament

Obama backed himself into this corner with his stupid "red line" comment

by Anonymousreply 2309/07/2013

If Assad had gassed that many American babies, we'd probably be a tad less hesitant.

But they weren't American babies.

So they kinda don't count.

The president is a moral person and a pragmatist. That's hard to balance.

But in this case, he looks at his daughters (he will make a major point of this in his speech) and thinks of the girls of the same age who were killed.

I think many will be surprised by his speech. It will be deeply personal and patriotic. It may well turn the tide...

Or it may just be that we've become a nation which sits by while weapons of mass destruction are used to kill.

My guess is that at some point - if not now then when the next atrocity occurs - that we end up intervening.

Because, let's face it, if we don't, Israel will.

And that will be very, very ugly.

by Anonymousreply 2409/07/2013

Ugly or not, and mind you I voted for Obama, maybe Israel or the Saudis should do a little of their own work. Why do we have to rush in and strike?

by Anonymousreply 2509/07/2013

R25, why are you putting this on Israel? Israel is better off with Assad in power than with jihadists.

by Anonymousreply 2609/07/2013

r26 I am not someone said better us now because if isreal steps in it will be ugly. I simply think other nations have step in.

by Anonymousreply 2709/07/2013

R24= epitome of evil.

You would have made a very good Nazi, back in the day. Just do the salute and follow your leader, no matter what.

And the 'dead babies' argument is pathetic. How many babies has the bombing in Afghanistan killed? Or the Drones? how many babies were killed by our bombing of Iraq? And the bombs in syria will only fall on soldiers?

You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 2809/08/2013

We should be using our resources to stop the killing here in our own country.

by Anonymousreply 2909/08/2013

[quote]Rwanda didn't have oil, Somalia didn't have oil, Sudan/Darfur didn't have oil

This has nothing to do with oil, dingbat.

r28 = Godwin's Law.

by Anonymousreply 3009/08/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll #11 removed (violent racist homophobic right-wing misogynist), ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 3109/08/2013

I must be crazy but I think that Iran's new president is kind of sexy with that little tuft of silver hair peek out of his turban.

by Anonymousreply 3209/08/2013

One can disagree with r24 without calling him or her "the epitome of evil."

It is r28 who seems a tad 'off.'

by Anonymousreply 3309/08/2013

[quote]And the 'dead babies' argument is pathetic. How many babies has the bombing in Afghanistan killed? Or the Drones? how many babies were killed by our bombing of Iraq? And the bombs in syria will only fall on soldiers?

And you're making excuses for Assad attacking children with nerve gas and white phosphorus.

You are the epitome of projection.

by Anonymousreply 3409/08/2013

I don't believe for a moment that Obama is being "bullied" into this.

If that's true, then why are so many Democrats pushing war in Syria too? Are they also being bullied?

No, they are all holding out their hands for their big payout.

by Anonymousreply 3509/08/2013

Putin is against O because Putin is a big baby and is upset about the "slouch" remark. Iran and Syria are BFFs. The Pope subscribes to Just War analysis and bombing Syria is not proportionate.

by Anonymousreply 3609/08/2013

If we hadn't fucked up and lied our way into Iraq, this would probably be going in a different direction. I don 't want us to strike Syria but I would like to know more about the consequences if we don't.

by Anonymousreply 3709/08/2013

I get the "why" we should do something.

Not sure about the "how" -- cruise missiles, arming the rebels?

I just really, really unsure as to the "what." Specifically, what's the goal, what happens next, what happens if the regime stands or, potentially worse, what happens if it doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 3809/08/2013

[quote]I would like to know more about the consequences if we don't.

All the sick fucks of the world will shit on America (even more than they do already).

Nothing will stop the insane Islamonazis in Iran from getting their nukes because there will be nothing to stop them (no credible threat of America/the free world attacking them) so any talks and diplomacy with them will be useless.

The gulf countries and many others in the ME will want nukes too because they are afraid of Iran (with good reason).

America will lose any credibility in the ME with its allies (even more than it already has) and the US will lose any influence it has there which isn't a good thing for anybody and the stability of the world. Sure, the US has had some shitty influence there and has made a million mistakes but it has had some good influence too.

All this mayhem is bad for the world economy and social stability because while the US is becoming less and less dependent on ME oil, the rest of the world isn't.

Wherever the US retreats from, worst powers come in - ALL the Islamic nutjobs from everywhere, Russia and China. These shits don't care if millions are slaughtered.

This is a shitty situation no matter what happens. This begs the question where the world was while Syria amassed one of the greatest chemical inventories ever and how they are now threatening everyone with it? What if at least part of it falls into the hands of nutjobs that can use it against neighboring countries? If nothing is done now, what's the message to all of them about the use of unconventional weapons against civilians?

The Chinese only care about their economical interests and nothing else. The Russians with Putin are complete cunts who only care about pretending they are a super power and doing the exact opposite of what the US/Europe want to do (which is why they don't give a shit what the world thinks about their persecution of gays. They see the world is weak. Nobody is calling them on their barbarity for supporting the murderous Assad for 3 years). The Vatican is the same evil, hypocritical shits they always were because they've said and done nothing while Christians have for years, been experiencing ethnic cleansing in the Arab (and some Muslim) countries.

by Anonymousreply 3909/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!