Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Texas: 46-Year-Old White Man Charged with Shooting 8-Year-Old African American Boy in the Face (Video)

A horrific scene unfolded in Dallas, Texas this Tuesday after an 8-year-old African American boy was shot on the face while playing tag outside his apartment complex — just after celebrating his birthday.3

According to Dallas Police, 46 year-old Brian Cloninger had been seen threatening people with a gun just prior to the shooting. Cloninger is a white male, although it has not been determined if race was a motivating factor in the shooting.

The victim, 8 year-old Donald Maiden Jr., had just finished celebrating his birthday and was playing tag with friends when he ran inside his home to retrieve some toys. When he came back outside to resume playing, he was shot. Police reports say that Cloninger was calmly standing by his pick-up truck after the shooting. When confronted by witnesses, he said, “Yes, I shot that kid.”>As of this Thursday, Maiden remained in critical but stable condition with a breathing tube and plate in his jaw. He reportedly can make signals to communicate but cannot speak. He is due to undergo numerous reconstructive surgeries.

Cloninger was charged with “injury to a child” and is being held on a $2.2 million bond.

by Anonymousreply 4209/08/2013

I bet Maiden had a handful of Skittles.

by Anonymousreply 109/06/2013

This was totally unprovoked, poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 209/06/2013

"Injury to a child"?!

by Anonymousreply 309/06/2013

Um, where the fuck is the assault with a deadly weapon charge?! Attempted murder?! Christ I hate the gun nuts.

by Anonymousreply 509/06/2013

R4, then your puss white trailer park needs better security.

by Anonymousreply 609/06/2013

If only that little boy had a gun. Wait a minute, he was African-American? On second thought...

by Anonymousreply 709/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 809/06/2013

African American.

by Anonymousreply 1009/06/2013

This was clearly self-defense. He was simply standing his ground.

by Anonymousreply 1309/06/2013

Seriously, why is he being charged with "injury to a child" and not attempted murder? I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 1409/06/2013

Oh, I'm sure we can top that. Give us a few days...

by Anonymousreply 1509/06/2013

Some asshole up the page had to say, totally unprovoked, as if it's ever OK to shoot a kid in the face.

I'd kind of like to shoot people like YOU in the face...stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1609/06/2013

Hopefully the kid will survive, but the assailant should get life in prison either way.

by Anonymousreply 2009/07/2013

[quote]Blacks are gearing for a race war

They've been saying that for like 50 years. Only people who get off being scared believe that shit.

by Anonymousreply 2209/07/2013

Please, only racists believe that. I FF'd that shithead.

by Anonymousreply 2309/07/2013

Texans believe in the death penalty and he should get it for attempting to kill a child!

by Anonymousreply 2409/07/2013

Pussy. At least George Zimmerman would have tackled the kid first

by Anonymousreply 2509/07/2013

I'm starting to wonder if the Zimmerman trial result is encouragement for gun nuts/rednecks to start shooting people they don't like.

by Anonymousreply 2809/07/2013

If only that 8-year-old had a gun too, this would not have happened.

by Anonymousreply 2909/07/2013

I hope he survives. I've checked to see if there are any updates regarding his condition but didn't see anything. This is just very sad.

by Anonymousreply 3009/07/2013

[quote]Blacks are gearing for a race war

And an 8-year-old child shall lead them? Or what exactly is it about this story of a white man shooting a black child for no reason whatsoever that makes you think BLACKS are gearing for a race war?

by Anonymousreply 3109/07/2013

No R19, we are not. But there are some white people that are trying to instigate one. Like you for instance.

by Anonymousreply 3209/07/2013

Whites outnumber blacks by like a hundred to one. But there is me, white who would fight on the black side, if they let me.

by Anonymousreply 3309/07/2013

What provoked the guy? WHY did he shoot?

by Anonymousreply 3409/07/2013

I would too R33, but then, I'm a Jew living in the south, so... enough said.

by Anonymousreply 3509/07/2013

I love you white people who say you would defend black people. It makes me feel better about our society, and people in general. I am biracial (black and white) and will always speak up against any sort of prejudice torwards anyone.

by Anonymousreply 3609/07/2013

Awesome, R36. I'm just black or maybe I should say African American of Creole descent, but I feel the same way. If there are any updates on the little boy's condition can someone please post it in this thread? I just hope he fully recovers. If I was the praying type I would pray. I suppose I could still send positive thoughts. It's like we're living in the Wild West and nothing can be done about it. I hope this man gets charged with attempted murder.

by Anonymousreply 3709/07/2013

The cops in Nassau County shot and killed a university student who was being held hostage by a robber. The robber told the college kid's living in the house to go to an ATM and get money while he held the girl. If they didn't get the money, he would shoot the girl.

The kids who went to the ATM called the cops and told them what was happening. This hot dog cop goes in and shoots the robber and the hostage.

Now, the girl who was being held hostage had dark skin. She was Portuguese and she and her sister, from their pictures, appear to be tanning fanatics. Real tans, not spray tabs. The robber was black.

The cops tried to use the excuse that they didn't fully understand what was happening and that they believed the girl was taking part in the crime and the robber was using her as a phony hostage.

When that didn't fly, the police dept started spreading rumors that the robber was a drug dealer who was at the house hanging out with the college kids when things went bad. The kids didn't want to pay as much money for the drugs as the robber wanted, so he sent them to get more.

At any rate, they never would have tried these crappy stories if the girl had blonde hair and fair skin.

by Anonymousreply 3809/07/2013

That poor boy. I really hope he can fully recover and that he's not disfigured for life. That man should be charged with attempted murder-if you intentionally shoot someone in the face, you're not looking to just "injure" someone.

by Anonymousreply 4009/08/2013

[quote]"Injury to a child"?!

In Texas, the charge of "injury to a child" is a severe felony nearly guaranteeing the judge won't allow bail (or set the bail so high the defendant can't post it).

I'm sure they'll add more charges (like attempted murder) later, but for now they're trying to ensure this psychopath doesn't get bail.

by Anonymousreply 4109/08/2013

Thanks for explaining that, R41. I was so worried about that charge.

by Anonymousreply 4209/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!