Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ryan Seacrest Booed By Broncos Fans During NBC’s NFL Pregame Show: Video

NBC continues its Overexposing Ryan Seacrest campaign — this time the network had The Man Who Can’t Say No open NBC’s regular-season NFL football franchise kickoff last night, in which he got loudly booed by Broncos fans in Denver’s Sports Authority Stadium. “Working the NFL season opener! Finally those 2-a-days paid off. I hope my high school coach is watching. #Kickoff2013”, Seacrest tweeted excitedly before his debut. “Please welcome — Ryan Seacrest,” Disembodied Voice said as a bow-tied Seacrest walked out on the field on national TV last night, and football fans began to jeer.

Because it was Ryan Seacrest.

And they’re not stupid.

“I only know of one other countdown that might be as big as this show,” the master of self-promotion continued gamely — a reference to his New Year’s Rockin’ Eve gig on ABC. The crowd was not impressed. They booed some more.

“America is ready for 17 weeks of excitement, followed by the drama of the playoffs, all culminating in New York at the Super Bowl!” Seacrest said, explaining how the football season worked to Denver’s die-hard fans as though he was explaining to viewers some new rule change on American Idol. The crowd booed some more. “So come on Denver, let’s join these football greats — representing all 32 teams — and ring in the NFL season! Here we go!” he yelled, as the crowd continued to boo, and countless millions (early stats in time-zone-adjusted metered markets are down a tick compared to last year’s game, which wound up with 24 million viewers) saw it from the comfort of their couches and their sports bars. (continued)

Seacrest this morning may be re-thinking NBC’s other great idea — him hosting its new reality series Million Second Quiz, as part of his major image-boosting two-year deal with NBC parent Comcast. Under that agreement, NBC agreed to put Seacrest to work special-corresponding for Today, contributing to the net’s primetime news programming, to its Olympics coverage and, apparently, to its NFL Sunday-football season. Seacrest is already host of Fox’s Idol, a daily Clear Channel radio show, and that ABC New Year’s Rockin’ Eve countdown he mentioned. He’s also the face of E!’s trophy-show coverage, and is the Kardashian family’s exec producer of choice. Maybe the idea of hosting a tacky-ish 12-day competition-in-a-glass-house reality competition/social experiment in which players test their “knowledge” and endurance around the clock from a giant hourglass erected somewhere in New York now seems less attractive to The Man Who Would Replace Dick Clark — and Matt Lauer — than it did before his NFL debut last night.

by Anonymousreply 3409/07/2013

Douche. Bag.

by Anonymousreply 109/06/2013

I pissed on him when he was in Denver for the AI auditions about 6 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 209/06/2013

The Super Bowl is going to be in New Jersey, not New York.

by Anonymousreply 309/06/2013

I can't believe he said that. What a tool.

by Anonymousreply 409/06/2013

In sports, there in no difference between New York and New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 509/06/2013

Tell that to the Brooklyn Nets.

by Anonymousreply 609/06/2013

He's done for.

by Anonymousreply 709/06/2013

Why did anyone think that Ryan Seacrest would go over with the NFL crowd?

by Anonymousreply 809/06/2013

He not only deserves to be booed, but he should be stoned to death for foisting the likes of the Khardasians on American pop culture.

by Anonymousreply 909/06/2013

Homo, right? He's the one to foist the Kartrashian family on us. Deserves a life sentence in Sing Sing.

by Anonymousreply 1009/06/2013

R2, do you mean literally?

Details, please!

by Anonymousreply 1109/06/2013

I didn't exactly boo, but I did something roughly equivalent when I saw him on the field at the beginning of the game.

I groaned and hit the fast forward button while wondering why the hell NBC had him there for the pregame?

by Anonymousreply 1209/06/2013

I doubt the writer even watched the tape. Seacrest is not wearing a bow tie. Whole thing seems fishy to me.

by Anonymousreply 1309/06/2013

EVERYONE is sick of Semencrest.

by Anonymousreply 1409/06/2013

I agree, r13. Link, please, or this did not happen.

by Anonymousreply 1509/06/2013

Yeah I mean literally. I ran into him in one of the bars here. He was completely shitfaced. I kept giving him beer and got him into the bathroom when he said he had to piss. So he was slumped over on the toilet in one of the stalls and I pissed on him. I'd had a lot of beer too.

His bodyguard was fucking PISSED because he had to haul him back to his hotel in the rented car dripping with my piss.

by Anonymousreply 1609/06/2013

What bar, r16? I saw Simon Cowell at Elways in Denver when he was here for the X factor. He was with a skanky looking blonde. He was really short, so I can't even imagine how short Seacrest must be.

by Anonymousreply 1709/06/2013

If he were gay we could call it homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 1809/06/2013

r18 - Yeah, I'm torn between feeling disgusted because he was probably booed for projecting 'gay' and laughing at him because he's such a greedy, overexposed, shameless little closet case.

And who's he fooling with his high school coach? Would that be Glee Club, because this:

by Anonymousreply 1909/06/2013

That photo was from middle school, r19. Seacrest played football in high school. He was still chubby, but looks a little more masculine. Denver is very gay friendly. My partner and I go to broncos games all of the time, and everyone is cool. I don't think that people like him in general. He is phony, overexposed, and full of himself.

by Anonymousreply 2009/06/2013

Why Ryan played football:

by Anonymousreply 2109/06/2013

r20 - Ah.

Welp, every trace of youth has completely drained out of him. He looks reptilian.

by Anonymousreply 2209/06/2013

R9 amen! I'm glad Seacrest was not warmly received. He's the most overexposed tv hot out there.

by Anonymousreply 2309/07/2013

actually he looks pretty good at r22.

by Anonymousreply 2409/07/2013

[quote]“Working the NFL season opener! Finally those 2-a-days paid off. I hope my high school coach is watching. #Kickoff2013”, Seacrest tweeted excitedly before his debut.

Wtf are "2-a-days"?

by Anonymousreply 2509/07/2013

r25

Two-a-days are football practices with two sessions on the same day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon or evening.

by Anonymousreply 2609/07/2013

[quote]Wtf are "2-a-days"?

That's what Shecrest said when she read the copy right before she minced out there.

by Anonymousreply 2709/07/2013

What is "welp," r22? Is that a typo?

by Anonymousreply 2809/07/2013

Peyton Manning KICKS ASS

by Anonymousreply 2909/07/2013

should have married his *girlfriend* juliana huff.

by Anonymousreply 3009/07/2013

Why, R30? Was the crowd booing his assumed homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 3109/07/2013

Maybe his perceived softness/femininity. But then I guess that would be the same as assuming he's a homosexual. Or maybe they're just tired of him and find him annoying.

by Anonymousreply 3209/07/2013

America is getting more and more Nazi-like every year. I really the this country. I am desperate to find a job out of it. I look everyday. Pretty soon, I will be out this awful country.

by Anonymousreply 3309/07/2013

I was saying "Boo-urns."

by Anonymousreply 3409/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!