Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Australian Election Tomorrow

Our election will be a landslide new conservative Christian government.

No gay rights or marriage equality for at least the next 2 terms (6 years).

Australia is full of homophobic, racists.

At the moment, I agree with the bash Australia threads I have seen on DL. We are now the only English speaking country without significant gay rights. WTF?

True story.

I am so embarrassed to be Australian.

Sorry and you were right.

by Anonymousreply 909/07/2013

The cults attract the weak minded, and the cult makes the weak mind even weaker.

by Anonymousreply 109/06/2013

[quote]I am so embarrassed to be Australian.

Don't be.

Just keep the fight going. Be out, be proud, and give the Australian public daily evidence that you are a great person, every bit as deserving of rights and respect as any non-gay Aussie. Hang in there!

by Anonymousreply 209/06/2013

We've been there too, OP. Our political climate has been liberalizing in the past 10 years, though - at first slowly, but now faster and faster. Hang in there, and fight the good fight!

by Anonymousreply 309/06/2013

OP, you have Rupert Murdoch and his right-wing media to thank for this.

by Anonymousreply 409/06/2013

Good luck with the election, OP. I love Australia (and New Zealand) - I always had a fantasy that I would seriously date a man from one of those countries, and then move there.

by Anonymousreply 509/06/2013

Now we see the power of a conservative media monopoly. This is why the USA needs to get back the liberal media it lost in the 1980s. So we don't become like Australia, insulted by the Murdochs and Packers forever.

by Anonymousreply 609/06/2013

Labour lost.

by Anonymousreply 709/07/2013

R5 Labor lost, but not as badly as some had feared. Some progressive Australians may fancy moving to New Zealand, where PM John Key has introduced gay marriage and is supportive of action of climate change unlike Abbott. However, just as Rudd ousted Gillard after she ousted him, the more moderate Turnbull, who was ousted by Abbott as Liberal leader, could oust him back if his poll ratings decline

by Anonymousreply 809/07/2013

Did Tony win? He's a sexy DILF!!!J

by Anonymousreply 909/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!