Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

These Catholics just don't know when to stop...

Their popes either hate us and won't let us be (see Benedict XVI), or they love us and call us up willy-nilly.

How would you react if you got a phone call from Francis I? Personally, I'd have hung up.

by Anonymousreply 1109/06/2013

I'd ask to borrow the Popemobile, since he doesn't like to use it.

by Anonymousreply 109/06/2013

It wasn't quite willy nilly. The guy had written him a letter.

by Anonymousreply 209/06/2013

Silly-Willys

by Anonymousreply 309/06/2013

Pope Ratzo would have invited him over for a "private" audience.

by Anonymousreply 409/06/2013

The Vatican is denying the call was made. It's his word against the Vatican's. I have to admit, as I read, a flag went up as to the truthfulness of the story.

by Anonymousreply 509/06/2013

R5, you have to remember that this is DL , where all Catholics are evil and popes are the devil. So, in the eyes of posters, the pope is guilty.This is as true as the fact that all gays are child molesters.

by Anonymousreply 609/06/2013

You're complaining that the Pope says being gay is no big whoop? This is huge.

by Anonymousreply 709/06/2013

Pope Francis, you in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 809/06/2013

Just shows how religion can be 'interpreted' so differently (ugh).

Francis having compassion (if this story is true) doesn't necessarily mean he believes being gay is acceptable though.

by Anonymousreply 909/06/2013

R7, just to be clear, the pope is not saying anything different, really. When he says, "Be good," or, if this is a fake, when he says what he said earlier, he means that homosexual acts may be construed among other faults, and not set apart as a special offense. He would still say, "Don't have gay sex." And that is immoral, and offensive.

It is fine for him to approach things with a warm Latin, "We all sin so just try to be better." But for those of us who do not accept the sinfulness of our being and acting as gay people, it is just a sugar coating.

And that's what the insane R6 needs to remember as she tries to upend the facts about the deeply hateful history of her church concerning gay people. The church remains a divisive and inhumane organization, and continues to blame homosexuality as the root of the abuses its lechers have committed against children.

by Anonymousreply 1009/06/2013

That is a far cry from his predecessor's attitude. Ratz banned gays from the priesthood and called gays evil. Francis says, "Everybody sins. Don't worry about it." He puts gay sex on the same level as any sex outside of marriage.

by Anonymousreply 1109/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.