Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Robocop" Remake Trailer

Meh.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 809/06/2013

Looks awful. They've stripped out all the humor, sarcasm, satire, and heart from the original movie, leaving nothing but a standard action movie. Boring.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 109/05/2013

Remakes are out of fucking control. I don't recall the original being much more than a big video rental ..... it didn't do huge box office, didn't make 'superstars' of any of the cast.

It is literally a movie that did well because people picked it up to watch it as a weekend video rental. The fact it had a sequel was crazy, let alone this remake.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 209/05/2013

They're probably going for PG-13, so they're stripping out all the gore and violence too.

Meh.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 309/05/2013

It'll suck in the same way, for the same reasons, as the "Total Recall" remake. WHICH SUCKED.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 409/05/2013

The damned thing won't play for me.

But "Robocop" is the sort of movie that I don't mind remaking, a movie that had good points but wasn't great overall. A really good filmmaker could take the combination of action and black humor, and remake a passable film as a terrific one.

Doesn't sound like that's the case here.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 509/05/2013

No love for Paul Verhoven? I thought he was brilliant at darkly campy ultraviolent 80s action flicks.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 609/05/2013

Their ad line:

The same film that you loved before, but shinier!

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 709/06/2013

Meh.

A PG-13 version of Robocop would lose all the sharpness and social commentary of the original. It will be gutless in every sense of the word.

I'm not holding out much hope.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 809/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.