Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

George Zimmerman's Wife Is Filing for Divorce

Seven weeks after he was acquitted of murdering an unarmed teenager named Trayvon Martin, Florida man George Zimmerman's wife is filing for divorce. The Associated Press reports that Shellie Zimmerman's attorney cited "disappointment" as the reason behind the divorce proceedings.

Shellie pleaded guilty late last month to perjuring herself in her soon-to-be-ex-husband's case when she lied about their finances during a bail hearing. She was sentenced to one year of probation and 100 hours of community service.

In an interview with Good Morning America last week, Shellie admitted that she was already pondering leaving her husband:

During her appearance ... Zimmerman refused to say if she and her husband were still together.

She added that she "wants to have children and stay married."

"With George?" the interviewer asked.

"That's something I'm going to have to think about," Shellie Zimmerman replied. Shellie, who was not at home the night of Martin's killing, says she believe's George's version of what led to the shooting, but she said on Good Morning America that she has "laid awake at night just thinking that I wish to God the circumstances had been different."

by Anonymousreply 4509/11/2013

Translation

"Ummm .... my husband's ... like .... a dickhead."

by Anonymousreply 109/05/2013

She's not as stupid as she looks...

And it's even smarter for her to leave him while he's the target of international attention (that way there's not an "accident").

by Anonymousreply 209/05/2013

I'm not surprised. In that little interview she gave you could tell it was coming. I wonder if she'll talk more openly about Zimmerman now? We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 309/05/2013

Wonder if she's going south with the sympathizer's money.

by Anonymousreply 409/05/2013

Good for her. She should have left him when all of this happened.

He just got caught speeding AGAIN. Every few weeks he gets into trouble. I'd bet money on it that he will be arrested again with in a year

by Anonymousreply 509/05/2013

Realizing she had to lay in bed every night with a cold blooded murderer probably got to her.

by Anonymousreply 609/05/2013

Where will he get money to pay her alimony?

by Anonymousreply 709/05/2013

disappointment is a grounds for divorce?

Who isn't disappointed?

by Anonymousreply 809/05/2013

He is paying her alimony out of his legal defense fund! $4300 a month! This broad hit the jackpot. He would not have had a fraction of that to give her if he wasn't a murderer. I wonder if his contributors will be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 909/05/2013

She's disappointed in the size of his mini-dick. He needs to carry a gun in order to feel manly.

by Anonymousreply 1009/05/2013

I'm surprised he didn't just shoot her.

by Anonymousreply 1109/05/2013

[quote]The Associated Press reports that Shellie Zimmerman's attorney cited "disappointment" as the reason behind the divorce proceedings.

Shellie, those were Craig's List inches. ALWAYS ask for a picture of the goods.

by Anonymousreply 1209/05/2013

Some people who believed in George Zimmerman may be pissed off to learn ... a chunk of the money he raised for his legal defense is now going to support his soon-to-be ex-wife ... TMZ has learned.

According to divorce docs that will soon be filed by Shellie Zimmerman, she claims she's getting $4,300 a month in living expenses from the Zimmerman Legal Defense Fund. The couple separated August 13th.

According to the solicitation on PayPal ... the fund is to be used "for George Zimmerman's ongoing living expenses, legal costs, and fees for this matter."

Now it gets a little more complicated. George Zimmerman's official legal defense website says, "Currently George and Shellie are renting a secure residence at a reasonable rate. Their day-to-day living expenses are relatively modest as they want to preserve as many funds as possible for an aggressive defense."

But here's the thing. He won almost 2 months ago, and the site raised more than $300,000. He may still owe money to his lawyers, but the case is over and it's a little weird the $4,300 a month is going to Shellie individually ... not the legal team.

by Anonymousreply 1309/05/2013

If Trayvon Martin's family decides to sue Zimmerman, he'll have more legal fees. You may recall that O.J. Simpson had a second trial when he was sued by the Goldman family. He lost that one big time.

by Anonymousreply 1409/05/2013

How come the Martin's haven't sued yet?

by Anonymousreply 1509/05/2013

R15: They can't proceed without an airtight case. Unfortunately, if they sue George Zimmerman and he's found not liable for Trayvon Martin's death, the parents would have to pay his legal fees and all associated court costs. That would be adding way too much insult to injury.

by Anonymousreply 1609/05/2013

If he feels threatened by her filing for divorce, can he shoot her?

by Anonymousreply 1709/05/2013

The Martins should go for it just to fuck with the murdering little scumbag. Zimmerman would be found liable for Trayvon Martin's death by just about any jury in the country. The burden of proof is much lower in a civil case.

by Anonymousreply 1809/05/2013

it would be cool if she gets remarried to a black guy

by Anonymousreply 1909/05/2013

W&W R12!!

by Anonymousreply 2009/05/2013

George will NEVER give his lawyers anymore money from that PayPal/legal defense fund. He'll screw them over in a heart beat, without a second thought.

And just how much longer does Shellie believe George can continue to give her $4300 per month?! He has no job, eventually that money will dry up & both of them will still be unemployable.

Shellie's only ace in the hole is to write a tell all book, but only after she's legally divorced from the killer. Any monies rec'd prior to the final might be considered joint property. However, she had better be prepared to be sued for libel by George, his disgusting parents & his media whore brother.

by Anonymousreply 2109/06/2013

BFD. She supported a murderer for the past couple of years. Does she have anything to say for herself that would justify supporting a murderer?

by Anonymousreply 2209/06/2013

Where in that article does it say she's receiving $4300 each month? If anythinh it sounds like she & George will be owing the IRS some fees on that donated money, right??

by Anonymousreply 2309/06/2013

She’s not receiving $4300 each month. According to the SUn Sentinel she rec'd only a one time payment in that amount.

by Anonymousreply 2409/06/2013

Once the divorce is final, she's sure to get offers for big bucks to tell how her ex is a racist pig.

by Anonymousreply 2509/06/2013

We're currently open to television interview and book deal offers.

by Anonymousreply 2609/06/2013

That is not true, R16. Paying the other side's legal fees is a sanction for a frivolous lawsuit, not a routine procedure.

Most important probably is Zimmerman's lack of funds or insurance. Whether or not the contributions he received could be taken depends on how they set that up, but the amount is probably is not enough to make a case attractive to the Martins or their attorneys. When you add the emotional costs of another trial, it's probably just not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 2709/06/2013

I bet he ends up dead within a year. He is such a fame whore idiot someone will just knock him off.

by Anonymousreply 2809/06/2013

Don't wear a hoodie at night Shellie!!!

by Anonymousreply 2909/06/2013

I agree with r22. She's every bit as big a scumbag as her husband.

by Anonymousreply 3009/06/2013

How can we be sure that this isn't Georgie in a wig?

by Anonymousreply 3109/06/2013

You can detect the current Datalounge racial demographics by just reading this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3209/06/2013

The three gay guys connected to the Robert Wone murder had to make a huge payout to Wone's widow. Before that went to court, they sold their house in DC and bought one in Florida in order to keep it out of any court settlement. The trio seems to be having money problems because there's now a tax lein on the house.

by Anonymousreply 3309/06/2013

[quote]She says her husband was verbally abusive toward her and that he has been making what she considers "reckless decisions." She didn't specify what those decisions were. "In my opinion, he feels more invincible" since his acquittal, she added.

Shocking, I know. Even though she's not saying it outright, she thinks he's going to get into trouble soon. Just like the posters here. Speeding with a gun in his car in TX (and telling the cop he wasn't going anywhere in particular), speeding in FL, and visiting the manufacturer of the gun that killed Martin and posing with a weapon with a big smile on his face.

by Anonymousreply 3409/06/2013

I'm sure he'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 3509/06/2013

Breaking News in Orlando...Shellie called 911 to report that George assaulted her father and broke her ipad.

by Anonymousreply 3609/09/2013

George Zimmerman was released without charges after his wife called 911 to say Zimmerman punched his father-in-law in the nose and threatened to shoot him and his wife.

Zimmerman was handcuffed and questioned by police in Lake Mary, Fla., according to Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell.

He was later released without charges when his wife and father-in-law refused to press charges or give police a sworn statement. Police said they are reviewing surveillance video from the home and reserve the right to file charges later based on the video.

"We did not take a gun at all, because there was no reason to take a gun, because his gun was in his truck," Bracknell said.

Shellie Zimmerman and her father said they do not want to press charges, Bracknell said.

Both Shellie's lawyer, Kelly Sims, as well as George Zimmerman's lawyer were at the home.

by Anonymousreply 3709/10/2013

The 911 tapes describe a terrified Shellie Zimmerman. On the call to a police dispatcher she told police that her husband punched her father in the nose, smashed her iPad, cut it with a pocketknife and raged, "one step closer and he'd shoot us."

"I don't know what he's capable of. I am really, really scared," she told the dispatcher.

When police arrived she could be heard on the phone saying, "Dad, get behind a car or something. I don't know if he's going to start shooting at us or not."

by Anonymousreply 3809/10/2013

Why did the the thread about this from yesterday get deleted? It was pretty civil last time I saw it.

by Anonymousreply 3909/10/2013

I have not idea. I was going to post in it, but it was obviously deleted.

by Anonymousreply 4009/10/2013

I can't find the most recent thread....link, please?

by Anonymousreply 4109/11/2013

There's no settlement, of any consequence, on the horizon. Shelly & George never had a pot to piss in and what's left of the defense fund, maybe $100K, is actually owed to Mark Omara.

by Anonymousreply 4309/11/2013

[quote] There's no settlement, of any consequence, on the horizon. Shelly & George never had a pot to piss in and what's left of the defense fund, maybe $100K, is actually owed to Mark Omara.

except they have a lawsuit against NBC. NBC misrepresented something about the killer and now he's suing them. O'mara quit as his criminal attorney, but he is remaining with Zimmerman in his lawsuit against NBC

by Anonymousreply 4409/11/2013

And Zimmerman's wife can ask for half of the money he receives from the NBC lawsuit

by Anonymousreply 4509/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.