Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Raymond Burr

Top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 2109/07/2013

Good question. I've heard that he was very femme off camera.

by Anonymousreply 109/05/2013

Definitely a bottom. On the set of Ironside, there were days where he was relieved to be sitting in a wheelchair because he could hardly walk.

by Anonymousreply 209/05/2013

Oh honey, a BIG ol bottom !

by Anonymousreply 309/05/2013

Do you think Paul Drake ever fucked him?

by Anonymousreply 409/05/2013

No, but I did, with a strap on

by Anonymousreply 509/05/2013

I hope that's a reference to William Hopper, playing your father in "Bad Seed" - if not , ???

by Anonymousreply 609/06/2013

William Hopper was gay as a goose, but I would imagine he was a bottom, too.

by Anonymousreply 709/06/2013

This should have been a poll.

by Anonymousreply 809/06/2013

Despite his heft and booming voice he always had a femme quality to me. If you see him in earlier, non "authoritarian" roles he didn't come across as so "macho".

by Anonymousreply 909/06/2013

He picked up a sailor and took him as his date to the premier of the Judy Garland version of "A Star Is Born."

If that isn't the definition of bottom...

by Anonymousreply 1009/06/2013

I've seen that footage, on the red carpet - the sailor looks a little dazed, surrounded. by every major star at that time ( from Gable, to Crawford, to Lucy & Desi, etc), but was very cute, in his uniform. Burr acted as if he was doing a patriotic act, when he introduces the guy ' just back from Korea'. All I could think of, after I saw it, was how, after the premiere, Burr took the guy home , and the sailor probably fucked Burr into a coma.....for his country, of course.

by Anonymousreply 1109/06/2013

"Top or bottom?"

I'm surprised the bottom didn't fall out of Old Ironside's wheelchair. And he wrote more letters to "Daddy" than that crazy sister of mine.

by Anonymousreply 1209/06/2013

I only know one guy who had sex with him, and it involved him waking up withBurr blowing him.

True. It was on a USO tour waayyy back.

by Anonymousreply 1309/06/2013

I loved this story from the recent bio of Burr, "Hiding in Plain Sight":

(Director Arthur Hiller had sent some contractors he was using over to take a look at Burr's house in view of doing some work for him.)

"When the workers came to my house on Monday, I asked them how the meeting went on Sunday and they said 'fine,' but I could sense something was off-base," Hiller said. "They didn't have the enthusiasm that they had before, or which I expected. I kept at them, 'What's the matter?' Turned out they were going to do the work, but when they knocked and Raymond opened the door, he was wearing a pink bathrobe. And that put the one who just loved him away."

by Anonymousreply 1409/06/2013

The only person he regularly topped was Hamilton Burger.

by Anonymousreply 1509/06/2013

Were Burr & Benevides a monogamous couple ? I've never heard any tricks coming forward to claim a 3-some, or a sex romp with either of them. Seems by now that would have happened, were it true. Is Benevides still alive ? Several years ago, I saw him on a program touting the wine at he, and Burr's vineyard, in Sonoma , CA. I know they also owned an island in Fiji, or Bora Bora.

by Anonymousreply 1609/06/2013

It's a great shame that Benevides hasn't given any interviews or even written a book itself. I always found Burr really handsome, but I'd rather know the truth than gossip. There are so few gay actors from that era that we can reliably know about. Shame it will probably never happen...

by Anonymousreply 1709/06/2013

C'mon -- could he really be a top, confined to that wheelchair?

by Anonymousreply 1809/07/2013

That's hilarious, R13.

by Anonymousreply 1909/07/2013

Yes, R19, and it's true.

What actually happened was that (get this) they were on a USO tour doing theatre for the troops and were in Greenland, of all places. Quarters were spartan. And my acquaintance woke up and Burr was blowing him. He lurched, and Burr pushed him back down and hissed, "Don't say a word! Don't say a word!" and proceeded to continue his blow job.

by Anonymousreply 2009/07/2013

Thanks, R20. So nice of you to tell the rest of story. Have a great night.

by Anonymousreply 2109/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!