Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

MSNBC Launches Alec Baldwin Show, "Up Late w/ Alec Baldwin) October 2013

This network is DONE FOR!

by Anonymousreply 3809/06/2013

I'll watch Alec Baldwin. I'm an MSNBC addict, so of course, I'll be watching.

And they can keep rerunning those prison Lock Up shows. I watch them too. They're fascinating no matter how many times I've seen them.

by Anonymousreply 109/05/2013

Not interested in watching the show, but, good god, is THAT the best photo they had of AB?

by Anonymousreply 209/05/2013

Yes, he looks cadaver blue in that pic. And why does it always look like he is pursing his lips in every picture I ever SEE of him?

by Anonymousreply 309/05/2013

This sounds like a hot mess waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 409/05/2013

I'm looking forward to it. He may be half nutty, but he's really smart and funny. A combination that should make for an entertaining show

by Anonymousreply 509/05/2013

I, for one, welcome our new cable overlord.

by Anonymousreply 609/05/2013

R3, probably because some photographer, publicist, or hanger-on told him he looks sexiest that way a lo-o-ong time ago. I've noticed it, too.

by Anonymousreply 709/05/2013

It's in the Chris Matthews tradition. The pictures he uses on his intro are decades old.

by Anonymousreply 809/05/2013

[quote]He may be half nutty

HALF??! The Republicans will be using him to win elections. The guy is insane.

by Anonymousreply 909/05/2013

New tell all Baldwin book coming out just in time.

Drugs, Vicious Backbiting & Basinger Disses: New Baldwin Family Tell-All Set To Expose The Famed Family’s ‘Every Secret’

Behind the scenes, the real-life lives of the Baldwin family are every bit as shocking as some of Alec, Daniel, Stephen and Billy‘s most famous movies.

Now, one of matriarch Carol Baldwin’s former confidantes is set to spill their secrets in a shocking new tell-all.

James Edstrom, the author, tells exclusively: “The stuff coming out in this book is gonna be a horror.”

Edstrom worked closely with Carol as a volunteer for the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Foundation in the 90s and now he and the foundation’s former publicist, Ellen Baron, are teaming up to dish the dirt on their former boss.

“We used to cruise around in Carol’s car with her all the time and her mouth never stopped!” Edstrom tells Radar. “She told us every secret of her family.”

“Carol told us that she didn’t feel Alec was the most talented,” he adds. “She thought Stephen was the most talented. She’d say, ‘He can sing. He can dance. He can jump around and he can act.’”

Edstrom also claims that Carol frequently bashed Alec’s then-wife, Kim Basinger.

“When I saw [Kim's Oscar-winning performance in] L.A. Confidential with Carol, she spent the whole time during the movie putting down Kim,” he says. “But of course Kim won the Oscar.”

Celebrity Rehab drop-out Daniel Baldwin’s history of addiction will be covered in the blockbuster book as well, as Edstrom had a front-row seat for his suspected overdose and subsequent hospitalization in 1998. “You all know the history of Daniel,” Edstrom says of his battles. “When you read the book, you’re gonna understand why he had so many problems.”

“This family is not the dynasty that everybody believes that they are,” he insists. “They’re trailer park trash. And if I’m complaining, there’s probably at least 30 or 40 people behind me that feel the same way!”

by Anonymousreply 1009/05/2013

That's some shocking stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1109/05/2013

He's not interested in anyone else. It will be all about him.

by Anonymousreply 1209/05/2013

If he shows his awesome chest and back hair, I'll watch.

by Anonymousreply 1309/05/2013

[quote] The stuff coming out in this book is gonna be a horror

Not any different from many other families

[quote] This family is not the dynasty that everybody believes that they are,” he insists. “They’re trailer park trash. And if I’m complaining, there’s probably at least 30 or 40 people behind me that feel the same way!

The Baldwins haven't ever said any different. They have never tried to act like they were anything other than hard working class family that had it's ups and downs and is still together. Is that a crime?

And as much as these piece of shit traitors writing this book have to say, the one thing you can say about the Baldwin family is that they stick together and are loyal. Their father was supposedly very, very abusive but none of the family will discuss it. They just won't. I admire them for that. You don't have to tell the whole world everything

by Anonymousreply 1409/05/2013

I hope they give each guest a panic button that raises a protective fence that keeps the host from crawling across his desk at them.

by Anonymousreply 1509/05/2013

Whatever "trash" the family is, the brothers have all risen above it admirably to varying degrees of success and fame. So, I wholeheartedly agree with R14.

by Anonymousreply 1609/05/2013

Ironically, Alec got into a fight years ago with Sean Hannity. Hannity called Alec out on the air as a has-been. Alec really hadn't done anything big for a number of years at the time. Suddenly, he got the "30 Rock" gig, and it reinvigorated his career. Now, Alec is getting his own political television talk show, just as Sean loses his!

by Anonymousreply 1709/05/2013

what about the homosex. if there isnt any homosex between all those boys, the book isnt for shit. that is homosex. the question is will they spill it.

by Anonymousreply 1809/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 1909/05/2013

His podcast is great, there has only been one I couldn't get through because photographer Peter Beard was an insufferable guest. All the others have been good, even David Brooks and George Will. The only one that was way below par was the obvious Kardashian mother. Shortest episode to date.

by Anonymousreply 2009/05/2013

Actually, it will be an interesting addition to an already good variety of shows and hosts.

by Anonymousreply 2109/05/2013

One hour, once a week. That's such a HEAVY lift. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 2209/05/2013

Maybe he'll have Elaine Stritch as a recurring guest!

by Anonymousreply 2309/05/2013

[quote]One hour, once a week. That's such a HEAVY lift. Sheesh.

It's not his day job.

by Anonymousreply 2409/05/2013

I'll watch this show, I've always had a thing for Alec. I can't tell the rest of the brothers apart but the annoying born-again one is the worst, for obvious reasons.

I used to know someone who grew up with them (and Jerry Seinfeld) in Massapequa on Long Island. He never trash talked the Baldwin family, although he was deeply and unattractively jealous of Alec's (and Jerry's) success. I doubt that the "explosive tell all" will be juicy. The Baldwins haven't exactly been discreet all these years.

by Anonymousreply 2509/05/2013

@R23. Elaine Stritch moved home to Michigan to die.

by Anonymousreply 2609/05/2013

@R25. What's his "day job" now that "30 Rock" is over????

by Anonymousreply 2709/05/2013

It's probably cashing his residual checks from 30 Rock, R27.

by Anonymousreply 2809/05/2013

[quote]I hope they give each guest a panic button that raises a protective fence that keeps the host from crawling across his desk at them.

Why? If you pay attention, the skirmishs Alec has had involve Paparazzi bothering his family. Now your family might have forsaken you but I find it admirable he would protect them. The only work related incident involved a Diva who quit because Alec needed the theater to be air conditioned and it was too cold for her delicate constitution and words were exchanged.

by Anonymousreply 2909/05/2013

Homophobic and misogynist. But he's a "liberal" Democrat so I guess it's okay.

by Anonymousreply 3009/05/2013

So will this be up against Bill Maher show?

by Anonymousreply 3109/05/2013

How long before he attacks a guest?

by Anonymousreply 3209/05/2013

Oh please. The only people who freaked out about Alec Baldwin yelling at his kid are idiotic "modern" gluten-free helicopter parents.

Once upon a time, Dads yelled at their kids. They said unpleasant things when they were mad. They didn't take Xanax or force themselves to pay rapt attention to their children's every breath and fart.

We loved our parents, they loved us. We did not grow up to be serial killers. We went to college and then went on to lead fulfilling and productive lives which is more than I can say for KIDS THESE DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 3309/06/2013

[quote]Homophobic and misogynist

As for a Dictionary for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 3409/06/2013

A TV show...

A golddigger wife...

Capital One commercials...

Someone needs to learn how to say "No!"

by Anonymousreply 3509/06/2013

If his talk show is anything like his Twitter page, he’ll have a huge, on air, hissy fit, call his guest a toxic little pig queen, pick up his chair and try to smash his desk with it, dramatically quit and then come back the next day and act like nothing ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 3609/06/2013

R27, I took that post to mean acting in general is Baldwin's day job, not just 30 Rock.

And R31, you beat me to it -- the very first person I thought about upon hearing this news was Bill Maher. I imagine he's not very happy about this.

by Anonymousreply 3709/06/2013

My *god* how OLD is that photo?!??!

by Anonymousreply 3809/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!