Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Blind Item (Miley?)

It’s an opportunity that’s been withheld from some of the most famous women in the world. It’s considered a major honour – to make the cover, THAT cover, a cover her predecessors had achieved and one that was being offered to her just as she was moving forward with the next stage in her career. It was to be a big deal.

The photo shoot happened. Everyone was happy with the pictures.

And then, well, she did her thing. She did her thing, for several minutes she did her thing, and the world gasped and they gasped and now those pictures, they might not be on the cover anymore.

They’ve told her that they are reconsidering her cover but that she’ll still show up in the pages, just not on the front page.

For prestige, this is definitely a setback. But for sales? And notoriety? And general headline-worthiness? There haven’t been any losses. It…just might be a couple of years before they ask her again.

by Anonymousreply 1209/09/2013

Oh, yeah. It's Slimey --- oops, I mean Miley. Maybe that'll learn her to keep that nasty-ass white-coated tongue in her mouth and not do the nasty in front of millions of people.

by Anonymousreply 109/05/2013

I'm sure Anna Wintour was NOT amused.

by Anonymousreply 209/05/2013

What magazine is it and who are these women who had this "opportunity withheld"?

by Anonymousreply 309/05/2013

I don't think it's Vogue. It says her predecessors made the cover, and that would mean Christina, Britney, Taylor Swift, even Madonna. My bet is Rolling Stone, although they don't usually shirk from controversial covers and I don't think it is considered such an important cover these days.

Could it be Time?

by Anonymousreply 409/05/2013

Vanity Fair

by Anonymousreply 509/05/2013

Britney, Taylor Swift, Madonna have all had Vogue covers.

by Anonymousreply 609/05/2013

What magazine in this tasteless WORLD would hesitate to put an attention grabbing whore like Miley on the cover? It would sell copies and no magazine would turn down that opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 709/05/2013

I thought about it and Vanity Fair makes sense. I think a few years ago when J-LO was really hot in the media, there were people who were pissed that Vanity Fair would not put her on a cover. People were pissed because they thought it might be racially motivated and VF didn't want a Latina on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 809/05/2013

Miley has already done Vanity Fair. It's Vogue. Anna finally gave in to Jlo on the cover, she refuses Posh and now Miley.

by Anonymousreply 909/05/2013

Anna Wintour just cancelled Miley Cyrus' Vogue cover:

by Anonymousreply 1009/08/2013

Miley is more vaniley than anyone notices - her sophomoric attempts at transgression are not the point with Wintour. It's the stupidity of it - witless, misconceived, pointless. A spoiled teen girl's idea of being bad. And her "making history" comments afterwards undermined any fun in the silliness.

Vogue, after all, may show trash on the cover, but it must be self-aware trash.

Right, AJ?

by Anonymousreply 1109/08/2013

Since when is Vogue so prestige? It's just another fashion magazine hell that Blake girl from Gossip Girl B list mafe the cover and why would they think of putting Miley on the cover anyway, it's not like she's a "fashion icon" or anything

TIME magazine would be "prestige" Madonna made the cover twice once in 1985 and again in 1997 for Evita.

Streisand and Cher also have Time covers

Whitney, Celine, Janet, Mariah and Britney never made the cover of TIME.

by Anonymousreply 1209/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!