Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hotel Question

Check-in times are always mid-afternoon. If my plane gets in at 10:00 and I want to check arrive at Noon do I have to pay extra, or will hotel accommodate if they have enough notice?

by Anonymousreply 2409/07/2013

It depends if the rooms are ready or not - on a busy season a full hotel may have a noon check out or even later for club members (hilton, Hyatt etc). If people don't check out until noon or one and the room needs clean it could be up to 3 before rooms are ready. This is usually not the case and they can accommodate early guests. Worst case you can check your bags at the hotel and go out to lunch and a room should be ready when you get back.

by Anonymousreply 109/05/2013

As R1 said.

A one-day stay in a hotel is less than a full day, typically about 21-hours, from 2 or 3PM check-in to an 11AM or Noon check-out the following day.

Stated check-in times may be delayed by late guest departures or housekeeping issues. Often, though, it's possible to check-in early -- so long as the room is available and has been cleaned, the hotel staff don't mind.

You can start by requesting early check-in when you book the book (though that's likely to be a lost notation at best). Follow this up with a reminder email or call the day prior to arrival. A call from the airport before finding your way to the hotel may be the best bet; tell them you'll be there in an hour and it may put you ahead of other early arrivals.

If you're staying for just one night and your room isn't made available to you until after the stated check-in time, you might ask them to extend your check-out time as well.

All such notations/requests have a tendency to get lost or ignored.

by Anonymousreply 209/05/2013

As R1 and R2 said.

Also, I've yet to encounter a hotel that wouldn't let me extend my stay at least an hour after checkout time, upon request.

by Anonymousreply 309/07/2013

I'm usually only there an hour or so.

by Anonymousreply 409/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 509/07/2013

Add up all the tricks, Whore.

by Anonymousreply 609/07/2013

This is a real problem when you get to Europe at 6:00 a.m., dead tired, and check in time is at 3:00 p.m.

by Anonymousreply 709/07/2013

No, R7, it's not a problem in the least: quit being such a cheap bastard and book a room for the "night" of your arrival.

by Anonymousreply 809/07/2013

Wow, R8, you're really an deeply angry person.

Quit being such a cheap bastard and hire a competent therapist.

by Anonymousreply 909/07/2013

Wow, [R9], you're really a deeply angry person.

A versus AN. Get it right.

by Anonymousreply 1009/07/2013

[quote]I want to check arrive

How do you do that?

by Anonymousreply 1109/07/2013

I'm with R2 - my experience has been don't count on being able to check in early. Count on getting a vacant apologetic stare from the desk clerk.

I'm with R8 - if you really need to check in very early you should book accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 1209/07/2013

You should make it very clear at check-in that you are the boss and the desk person is beneath you. They won't even be there in 6 months, so let them know that they work for you.

by Anonymousreply 1309/07/2013

R13. Written by AnnE Hathaway and her handlers.

by Anonymousreply 1409/07/2013

Check out time? How boring. Here's hoping this thread becomes a dumpster for all things "Hotel"

by Anonymousreply 1509/07/2013

So, what have we learned here?

Maybe they'll let you check in early.

Maybe they won't.

by Anonymousreply 1609/07/2013

That settles it.

by Anonymousreply 1709/07/2013

Tell the desk bottom what time you'll be there and that you expect your room to be ready at that time. It's a service industry. I've also given them my flight number so they can check in case my flight is delayed.

How difficult is this?

by Anonymousreply 1809/07/2013

I am here to help you in any way possible! The only things I can't supply is a chest.

by Anonymousreply 1909/07/2013

R18 - can you hear them laughing as you hang up the phone?

by Anonymousreply 2009/07/2013

Just be glad that handsome engaged doctor is no longer trolling hotels and murdering women after stealing their money to gamble.

by Anonymousreply 2109/07/2013

if they refuse to accommodate you ask for James Brolin or Connie Seleca.

by Anonymousreply 2209/07/2013

If I did, R20, they'd be laughing all the way to the unemployment line.

by Anonymousreply 2309/07/2013

OP, I guess you're young and have never stayed at a hotel before.

Normally, hotels will let you check in early if there is a room available. (Frequently people check out early to get to the airport, etc. So it would not be uncommon for a hotel to have rooms available by noon. The only problem might be that the available rooms do not match up with the type of room you booked.)

If a room is not available, hotels will hold your luggage for you.So you can go out, eat, shop or whatever, and then come back and check in. The only thing you might miss in this case is the opportunity to freshen up and/or change your clothes.

Personally, I have found most hotels to be very accommodating when I am checking in early. I have sometimes gotten an upgraded room this way.

by Anonymousreply 2409/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!