Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is it even possible to have a monogamous relationship in the city anymore?

It seems that no one here wants to date or get involved in a long-term monogamous relationship. It's all wham, bam, thank you sam, and on to the next. I've never been one to whore around, so that type of life is not for me. The few seemingly bf material guys I've met the past few months were ultimately just looking for a fb. I was especially into this one guy I met at my local pet supply store on the UWS. He loved his dog and seemed sincere, so he would make a great bf, right? Wrong! Again, he just wanted some NSA fucking. So WHERE THE HELL are the ones who want a monogamous relationship? I know I sound like a gay frau LOL, but that's what I want...a committed, loving, exclusive relationship with another guy. Are they all already coupled? Surely I can't be the only gay guy bemoaning the lack of quality guys in the city.

by Anonymousreply 1709/05/2013

Always waiting for the bigger and better deal. A Mr. Big that is gorgeous and worth tens of millions.

How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 209/04/2013

Oh, bitch, please. You only want what you don't have.

As soon as you find a nice guy who wants to settle down, you'll feel trapped and start picking up guys in the pet store for NSA.

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2013

You were told what to do, OP. If you can't accept that, then stop whining.

by Anonymousreply 809/04/2013

The me explain. This white picket fence stuff is very new. How old are you? It's that new. Since the beginning of time, our kind has whored. It's what we do. Only a tiny minority of homosexuals (the brutally unattractive ones for the most part) hooked up in some sort of permanent relationship. Some of them were actually faithful for life. "Faithful" could also be defined as roommates.

A larger fraction of our people paired up in shorter relationships. Couple of years at most. Rarely monogamous (they lie.) Sometimes the pairings were even attractive and were wonderful for 3 and 4-ways. I (we) had lots of those.

Then came the Disease. For many men, the only way was partner-to-live. Add twenty years to that and you have the present situation where younger types actually think it's normal. Even more amazing, we savage a florist who refuses to do a gay wedding. I tend to give people like that a bit of a break - rarely if ever in human history has such a sweeping change in standards-beliefs-mores happened so quickly. Furthermore, very, very few people on this discussion board see it this way.

by Anonymousreply 1009/05/2013

That was far less clever and droll than you thought, R10. Don't quit your day job.

by Anonymousreply 1109/05/2013

men screw around, and that's a fact. doesn't mean you can't have a relationship, but monogamy? ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 1209/05/2013

According to pre-Scruff/Grindr data, a third of New York's gay men have genital herpes and 90% don't know, even though they can still pass it on. As you get (or date) older, the numbers go up. It's no big deal, but I rarely hear that from guys promoting nonmonogamy - they seem in total denial about the health consequences.

by Anonymousreply 1309/05/2013

New Yorkers are whores, darling.

by Anonymousreply 1409/05/2013

Wasn't Sex and the City cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 1509/05/2013

" He loved his dog and seemed sincere, so he would make a great bf, right?"

Never wonder why you're single.

by Anonymousreply 1609/05/2013

Anything is possible if you want it bad enough, op. Problem is, you have to settle for somebody and if there really isn't a spark, well....that's settling.

by Anonymousreply 1709/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!