Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A Pastor Asks A Politician Why He Supports Gay Marriage. It Seems He Wasn't Prepared For His Reply.

Here's his superbly Christian response...

Video:

by Anonymousreply 1609/05/2013

Punch, delete, and three snaps up!

by Anonymousreply 109/04/2013

In the US the pastor would have interrupted and attempted to shout down the Prime Minister.

by Anonymousreply 209/04/2013

Oooh damn. The Prime Minister just read him up, down and sideways.

by Anonymousreply 309/04/2013

R2 - agree, there wouldn't have been a civil discussion.

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2013

The audience was certainly a lot pro-gay applause.

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2013

That was fabulous! I loved the Pastor's facial reactions - you could tell he had no fight because he knew every word he was told was right. That was a slam-dunk! I won't say this often, but that is a must see video.

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2013

The teenagers who are listening raptly all give off vibes.

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2013

You can see the pastor's face change as the Prime Minister gave his well-reasoned and honest answer. answer. Can you imagine the "delightful" taste of ashes in the good pastor's mouth? Talk about being served?

by Anonymousreply 809/04/2013

"pastor" such an overstated title

by Anonymousreply 909/04/2013

The Pastor has gay face and I can't quite sort him out. It was almost like he finally got the reasoning he had been searching for his whole life to just be honest with himself. Regardless, I do give the Pastor kudos for soaking it all in.

by Anonymousreply 1009/04/2013

I think the religious guy was quite polite. He didn't state his position and question authoritatively or offensively. The religious guy allowed the prime minister to support and express his position while listening politely. Just the structure of the exchange was something Americans will never grasp. I don't think anyones mind was changed, but each demonstrated great respect for one another.

I strongly believe Australia will be a more perfected version of the US than it already is.

by Anonymousreply 1109/04/2013

A shame that this Prime Minister is about to lose office in the election this Saturday (every poll indicates it).

His standing hasn't appeared to suffer because of his stance on marriage equality, it's more the result of government disunity and constant jeering from the conservative (sadly, popular) talkback hosts not to mention unrelenting vilification from the Murdoch press. It's been a concerted campaign of "regime change" with no attempt to hide their lack of impartiality.

Unfortunately the heir-apparent P.M is near-fundie Tony Abbott, the closest thing Australia has ever had to G. W.

A couple of elections ago "The Mad Abbott" met secretly with creepy conservative Catholic archbishop George Pell to seek his approval on a range of policies.

If Abbott isn't Opus Dei he's as near as dammit.

by Anonymousreply 1209/04/2013

Good point r12. Most don't realize how Catholic Australia has become. I think it's the biggest single religion in the country.

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2013

beautiful

by Anonymousreply 1409/05/2013

So, they have fundie assholes over there too huh?

by Anonymousreply 1509/05/2013

In America the KKKristian Rightwing would have tried to have him impeached for bullying this victimized pastor and being prejudiced against his right as a Christian to be hateful against innocent people.

by Anonymousreply 1609/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!