Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The American educational system

Why is it so f'd up? Always begging for levies.

This is the richest country in the world. Yet we have dropouts walking the streets.

I thought teachers were supposed to be smart?

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2013

the teachers aren't the problem generally. it is the school districting and management.

by Anonymousreply 109/04/2013

Corporate America, R2. I can't tell you how many assistant superintendents in my local school district have never actually taught in a classroom... They always seem to come directly from Wharton School of Business or some random financial company.

by Anonymousreply 309/04/2013

We don't pay teachers enough We treat classrooms as free baby sitting Parents are not involved in their child's life

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2013

We don't need no education.

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2013

I come from a huge family of educators. Teaching was once a more sought after and respected profession. Now teachers are primarily made up of two groups of people: the super educated individuals with multiple degrees in subjects that don't make a ton of money, and people who are looking for an escape from another career that they cant take anymore. It is now an "add water" profession that people do, even if they might not be the best-suited for it. You add that to shitty pay and tons of politics that you have to deal with in these jobs and you have the American educational system.

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!