Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Roar becomes Katy Perry's eighth No. 1

This woman's career and success baffles me. She's as interesting as a loaf of bread.

by Anonymousreply 6412/18/2013

No bread is as dull as she.

by Anonymousreply 109/04/2013

Yeah but a number 1 in 2013 is completely different than 15 years ago. It's not even worth the consternation.

by Anonymousreply 209/04/2013

Katy Perry is a pin up for the mediocrities. I await the return of Britney during this month with breathless anticipation.

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2013

Those insipid ditties convincing the suburban tweens that, even though they feel like underdogs, they are actually the winners:

"I know you're blue/ Feel defeated Thinkin' hopeless- feelin' cheated But rise up, my star- raise your voice You rule the rule- so rejoice!"

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2013

Have you ever felt like a plastic bag?

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2013

R4 as bland as Perry is, she's infinity better than Shitney Spears.

Middle American teens and pre-teens just have horrible taste. It's this crowd who champions Taylor Swift, One Direction, Timberfake etc...

as has been said before, adults need to start downloading all their music from itunes in order to make a difference as far as what singles become #1.

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2013

Why? I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 1009/04/2013

r7, you are so out of the loop. Britney's audience has established itself. Her fans are intelligent and varied. Know what the fuck you are talking about please.

by Anonymousreply 1109/04/2013

r9 but it's a cartoon that Katy Perry sells. Her idea of empowerment is some kind of supernatural Overman theory straight of Nietchze, you know, sparks coming out of her tits, joining the Marines on a whim, aligning herself to an animal from the wild. She does not sell a human self image. She's Superman or Wonder Woman. That's why Katy Perry is dangerous. At least Britney's image is diverse enough that she can be both pristine and salacious - never one thing, which is why she is so interesting. Madonna reared her well. Katy Perry is what I fear.

by Anonymousreply 1209/04/2013

Did anybody see Katy's documentary? I swear, I came away hating her after that. All that empowerment, I'm so WEIRD, so DIFFERENT, so EDGY and yet all she does is display her tits and wear a blue wig. Yeah, really cutting edge there.

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2013

Firework (one of THE most annoying songs ever written), live.

by Anonymousreply 1509/04/2013

Call me when she isn't writing about her "love life." I find it interesting that Russell Brand never speaks about her unless asked yet every song she writes is about how "he done her wrong."

I DOUBT he held her down. And singing about how you stood for nothing so you fell for everything makes her sound really stupid and him a svengali.

Having said that, the song is good for working out to so yeah, its on my iPod.

by Anonymousreply 1609/04/2013

She's like RiRi. They both attach themselves to very conventional, catchy pop songs. I mean "eye of of the tiger"? Come on. I get it, even if I find her music so damn boring.

by Anonymousreply 1709/04/2013

It blows my mind how many adults love her. It's basically music for kids and people with no taste. Adults are consuming stuff aimed at teenagers in record these days. Twilight, Vampire Diaries, Katy Perry, One Direction.

by Anonymousreply 1809/04/2013

Roar reminds me of why we argue over Gaga and Madonna and never Perry (despite her huge chart presence). Those two shake things up and change the pop landscape, for better or worse.

by Anonymousreply 1909/04/2013

R11 [quote] Britney's audience has established itself.

yeah, established as idiots. You nutcases buy 100 copies of her songs and albums to keep your weak queen at #1. We laugh at you.

[quote]Her fans are intelligent and varied.

If you guys were intelligent, you wouldn't be a fan of Shitney Spears. Intelligent people understand the bitch is a robotic puppet of the industry who can't sing for shit. Every damn song is over-auto-tuned and way over-processed, making it impossible to enjoy. All the tricks on the computer can't hide her lack of talent. I know gays of all ages love her, but those people all have horrible taste.

by Anonymousreply 2009/04/2013

ugh nothing worse than a ShitneySpammer troll. What is this, 2003? Bitch is a joke. I can't believe anyone still stans for that non-talent/non-personality.

by Anonymousreply 2209/04/2013

r22 - If U Seek Amy --- YOU!

by Anonymousreply 2309/04/2013

Is this going to be the new madbots vs janbots?

by Anonymousreply 2409/04/2013

Ugh. I was hoping Blurred Lines or something would block the cunt. Who the fuck is buying this shit?

It's getting gigantic sales but is pretty hookless apart from the tired "oh oh oh" bit. It's hardly in line with her previous singles in the catchy stakes where you could at least see why they did well.

by Anonymousreply 2509/04/2013

That Janbot was alright with me.

by Anonymousreply 2709/04/2013

Eight? I've only heard one or two of her songs. Her voice is ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 2809/04/2013

Janet is a legend and I don't mind her having a stan on this site. Shitney Spears is the second biggest female fraud in the music biz (after Vadge) and it's pathetic that people love her. Shitney can't sing, she doesn't write, she doesn't produce, she doesn't play instruments and she can't even dance anymore. She looks about 40 and is just a mess in every way. I wish she would quietly retire and have a happy life-stop polluting the airwaves with her horrible attempts at "music".

Katy Perry and Rihanna are in a race as to who will come closet to catching Mariah Carey's #1 singles tally.

by Anonymousreply 2909/04/2013

So what if Britney has no talent. Not like Madonna or Janet are wowing people with their 5 octave vox. Brit made some good records and has high quality control.

You don't need talent to make good records of the dance-pop diva variety, it's irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 3009/04/2013

Britney does play an instrument (piano), she does write songs (Everytime, smash hit of 2003 - ring a bell?), she does dance although not at the standard she once did due to a knee injury and she does love her job as a performer. She is as far from a puppet as one could imagine and her fans adore her for surviving.

Here's a beautiful song and video Britney wrote and released when she was pregnant. It's called Someday. At heart, she's a blues artist. Her singing voice is deep and wistful.

by Anonymousreply 3109/04/2013

puh and lease. Shitney has no good records. She's incapable. Her voice and the over-production ruin any chance of that. Only gays with horrible taste and straight pre-teen/teens could possibly like someone so awful.

by Anonymousreply 3209/04/2013

[quote]Janet is a legend

[quote]Shitney Spears is the second biggest female fraud in the music biz (after Vadge)

Oh LOL. Flop music snob.

by Anonymousreply 3309/04/2013

[quote]And the video for "Firework" (and the song) is really cool, you have to admit that.

But it was better first time.

by Anonymousreply 3409/04/2013

[quote]Britney Spears does have a voice that’s suited to those smoky, understated, subtle, intimate chamber-jazz performances as delivered in years long gone by artists such as Helen Merrill, June Christy, Carmen McRae, Peggy Lee, and especially Billie Holiday in her post-drug-abuse years. Britney would need a lot of retraining and reconfiguring, but she’s one of the few pop girls who has enough character in her voice to do it. You only have to listen to the utterly characterless and soporific “jazz singer” Diana Krall to understand how NOT to do it.

by Anonymousreply 3509/04/2013

r32, no good records? Britney's released a goldmine of outstanding, thrilling pop music not to mention some of the most vivid and striking music videos of all time - cementing her iconography as unmistakeable and powerful. She is the muse who attracts some of the world's most innovative producers and musicians. Britney is a force.

by Anonymousreply 3609/04/2013

[quote]Don't understand all of the Katy hate.

She's a homophobe, and a Christian fundamentalist that goes nuts when anyone does anything that she considers blasphemous. She also speaks in tongues.

by Anonymousreply 3709/04/2013

OMG, britbot is back! janbot took some time off. We just had madbot going off in the last week.

janbot, madbot, and britbot -- I don't know which one I hate more. janbot is sorta fun though. britbot is a nutcase. He actually finds Britney to be the next Joni Mitchell. Dude's a meth head. madbot is just bitter. BTW, we have three madbots.

by Anonymousreply 3809/04/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3909/04/2013

Another she wrote herself:

by Anonymousreply 4109/04/2013

Baby Britney and Justin perform Chaka Khan's I FEEL FOR YOU on the MMC. Sing little songbird! Sing!

by Anonymousreply 4209/04/2013

[quote]janbot took some time off.

I've noticed that the almighty Janbot has been on a late summer vacation as well.

by Anonymousreply 4309/04/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4409/04/2013

I can't name all 8 #1 songs. Her music is largely forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 4509/04/2013

When you see Katy live in concert, you realize what an engaging performer she is.

by Anonymousreply 4609/05/2013

Not a Perry fan at all. However, "Teenage Dream" is a good song.

by Anonymousreply 4709/05/2013

The video for the song is great, and should sell more downloads.

by Anonymousreply 4809/05/2013

The video is so damn ridiculous, cheesy and Disneyfied, I can only assume it's aimed at 5 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 4909/05/2013

[quote]When you see Katy live in concert, you realize what an engaging performer she is.

No, she's a total shit performer. Can't sing, can't dance, has no stage presence. She's a wig and a pair of tits. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 5109/05/2013

I know this is rude, but the few gay men I've ever encountered who were Britney fans (granted, this was years ago when she was popular) were all lower-class, 'salesbottom' femme types. Educated, intelligent gay men were never fans of hers and saw her for the no-talent marketing tool she was.

Madonna, on the other hand, was huge with gay men of all types. She crossed all socioeconomic groups.

by Anonymousreply 5209/05/2013

R31, Britbot, leave that poor, sick girl alone.

We all know that she is severely mentally ill. She has demonstrated that time and time again. The backstage talk when she was on "X Factor" was appalling. The people running her life need to stop pimping her out and people like you need to stop treating her like your own little whore.

She is not a slave 4 U. She's a person who needs 24/7 medical and psychological care. If you encourage her to work and appear in public, you don't give a damn about her. t

by Anonymousreply 5309/06/2013

Katy is so unlike Brit-ney. She is a strong, decisive woman who knows what she wants and knows how to get it. She is a great role model for young women and gay men of all ages. Yes, she made a mistake marrying that fuckhead Russell Brand, but she has moved on, with no apparent damage.

by Anonymousreply 5409/06/2013

R54, isn't school back in session yet? Time for you to go.

by Anonymousreply 5509/06/2013

Katy Perry substitutes shaking her tits and ass in skimpy underwear for talent, skill and work.

Her boyfriend is a noted golden shower and scat enthusiast. Her ex-husband is also a well-known kinkster. Evidently Ms. Perry can out-kink both of them.

She can do whatever she wants but let's not pretend that this girl is a paragon of modern feminism. She's just another fucked up fundamentalist.

by Anonymousreply 5609/06/2013

Katy Perry is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 5709/06/2013

[quote]"Teenage Dream" is a good song.

It's probably the best thing she's done. A deceptively simple pop song that is in fact very layered.

by Anonymousreply 5809/07/2013

Katy Perry >>>> Shitney Spears. Both suck and don't have talent, but Shitney sucks more and has even less talent.

#truth

by Anonymousreply 5909/07/2013

Reductive

by Anonymousreply 6009/08/2013

There is something to be said for putting out songs that people can sing along to. Her voice and mid range key are accessible for karaoke and singing along in the car purposes. Same with Swift. And America loves and embraces mediocrity. Niki Minaj's success was even more puzzling but at least she has now dropped out of sight.

by Anonymousreply 6109/08/2013

Sadly Perry will be around for a while despite not being that talented. She has the approval of female fans who want to be her.

by Anonymousreply 6209/08/2013

Awkward moment for her while singing it "live"

by Anonymousreply 6412/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.