Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rumsfeld calls Obama the 'So Called Commander in Chief'

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Wednesday endorsed the Obama administration’s case for a military strike against Syria. “My view is that we’ve had over 100,000 people dead in Syria over the last year or two,” Rumsfeld told Fox and Friends.

“I found Secretary [of State John] Kerry’s presentation persuasive and forceful,” he added.

At the same time, Rumsfeld, who earned public scorn for his leadership of the Pentagon during the Iraq War, said Obama didn’t need to ask Congress for authorization and may have made a mistake in doing so.

“Now, did he need to go to Congress? No.

Presidents as commander in chief have authority, but they have to behave like a commander in chief.”

He referred to Obama as “the so-called commander in chief,” and questioned whether a strike on Syria would be effective given the way Obama has handled it.

“It seems to me that if you’re going to do something you should do something that has a value and a purpose, rather than sending signals out that what we’re going to do won’t be much, won’t last long, and won’t end up with any changed circumstance on the ground,” said Rumsfeld.

“I think that’s unfortunate and I think that’s reflected in the fact that the American people are confused by it, the Congress is confused. He doesn’t have the kind of support that President Bush had in respect to his military actions.”

Rumsfeld said that unless the action is going to be effective, the U.S. shouldn’t act.

by Anonymousreply 9510/31/2013

Treasonous, sado-masochistic sociopath.

Appears the Neocons have been chomping at the bit for quite some time. Did he call a press conference to pontificate?

by Anonymousreply 109/04/2013

He's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 209/04/2013

He's a minion of Satan. But does he have a valid point about the endgame here?

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2013

These people are just fucking evil. What purpose does it serve to undermine the country at a difficult time except to feed your need to be evil?

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2013

I'm $ure there'$ $omething in it for Rummy if we invade.

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2013

I'd support a drone attack on Rumsfeld. No weapons. Just drop leaflets saying "With love from your so-called Commander-in-Chief."

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2013

He's an evil man.

by Anonymousreply 809/04/2013

Rumsfeld is a murderer and a liar

by Anonymousreply 909/04/2013

He's 81.

by Anonymousreply 1009/04/2013

Fuck him. Why is he still in the news even?

by Anonymousreply 1109/04/2013

What a disrespectful asshole! !

by Anonymousreply 1209/04/2013

Ass cancer, grease fire.

'Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2013

Useful information. Experience teaches us that we should listen to what Rumsfeld says and then do the exact opposite.

And the words "Bush", "Respect" and "Military" should never be allowed in the same sentence.

And, fuck him. Dry.

by Anonymousreply 1409/04/2013

This piece of human filth, along with Cheney, are the reason why we will occupy Iraq for at least the next 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 1509/04/2013

Did former U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld - whose most worthy Iraq contribution was being able to locate Iraq on a map - ever serve in any of the U.S. military?

by Anonymousreply 1609/04/2013

Rummy was in the Navy.

by Anonymousreply 1709/04/2013

[quote]He's 81.

Only the good die young.

by Anonymousreply 1809/04/2013

[quote]This piece of human filth, along with Cheney, are the reason why we will occupy Iraq for at least the next 50 years.

We are not occupying Iraq now.

by Anonymousreply 1909/04/2013

Did you guys know that Rumsfeld helped to get aspartame pass the FDA?

I'm so sick of this shit of job hopping between government and private industry.

by Anonymousreply 2109/04/2013

[quote]Did you guys know that Rumsfeld helped to get aspartame pass the FDA?

Oh, god. Stop with the conspiracy shit. Aspartame is safe. Man, that internet chain letter still has people believing that that shit is dangerous. The woman who started that was no expert, and got everything wrong. No chemical has been tested more times, in more countries, than aspartame.

by Anonymousreply 2209/04/2013

I love r21's link too. This must be our little Libertarian nitwit.

by Anonymousreply 2309/04/2013

Can you imagine how loudly Rummy and his fellow Republicans would have screamed if an ex Clinton cabinet member had came out and called Bush the "so-called commander in chief" right before they bombed Iraq?

by Anonymousreply 2409/04/2013

Among the worst of the worst.

It's only the craven Republicans who attack the elected President of the United States by seeming to deny his authority and legitimacy. They did it with Clinton, too.

I hope Americans finally break the old two-party system in favor of a less absurd alternative to the Republicans, who now stand for nothing but know-nothingism, self-regard, bias, special interests and playing to the lowest of the low to gain a few votes, all while attacking others as not being real Americans. Let them split into the Tea Party and the Big Business Party.

by Anonymousreply 2509/04/2013

Rumsfeld? Responsible for robbing the American people of billions, while killing a hundred thousand innocent Iraqis.

I hope he lives a very long life and suffers every fucking day.

by Anonymousreply 2609/04/2013

The current state of the Republican Party reminds me a little of ‘The Picture of Dorian Gray.” They are looking at their own reflection believing everything they do is perfect while the world sees them for the decrepit, hateful, violent, cruel, and selfish human beings they really are.

by Anonymousreply 2709/04/2013

Rumsfeld pushed the FDA to approve Aspartame, it's a fact that it is harmful to certain individuals imminently, and unclear on the long term effects on most people.

So, r23, make fun of the information, meanwhile your intestines and bladder are coated with Rumsfeld.

by Anonymousreply 2809/04/2013

[quote]It's only the craven Republicans who attack the elected President of the United States by seeming to deny his authority and legitimacy. They did it with Clinton, too.

Their mentality needs an enemy. The no longer have the communists to fret over, and there's only so much paranoia the threat of sharia law can generate. They have convinced themselves that the Democrats are not the political opposition, but an un-American threat.

by Anonymousreply 2909/04/2013

Won't someone please SHIT IN MY MOUTH!!!????!!!!!?????

by Anonymousreply 3009/04/2013

Is he FUCKING SERIOUS?

by Anonymousreply 3109/05/2013

Shit in r20's mouth too, while you're at it!

by Anonymousreply 3209/05/2013

Part of the evil cabal under the WORST PRESIDENT EVER!!!

by Anonymousreply 3409/05/2013

“I think that’s unfortunate and I think that’s reflected in the fact that the American people are confused by it, the Congress is confused. He doesn’t have the kind of support that President Bush had in respect to his military actions.”

The only reason Bush had support was because his administration lied to Congress and the American people to serve his war mongering agenda.

by Anonymousreply 3509/05/2013

[quote] He doesn’t have the kind of support that President Bush had in respect to his military actions.

Well, we don't live in the constant state of fear Bush and Co. orchestrated to make the masses support war, either.

But hey, maybe if someone flies a plane into a building again we'll all collectively shit our pants and say "USA! USA! USA!" which will make killing millions of civilians elsewhere, like, totally okay and stuff!

by Anonymousreply 3609/05/2013

Bush was acting immediately after 9/11 and with the first Iraq war in memory, and no experience of the second. Comparisons are pointless.

by Anonymousreply 3709/05/2013

[quote]Rumsfeld pushed the FDA to approve Aspartame, it's a fact that it is harmful to certain individuals imminently

No, it's not, nitwit.

by Anonymousreply 3809/05/2013

Hey, Hitler had the full support of Germans when he invaded Poland. Now THERE was a Commander in Chief!

by Anonymousreply 3909/05/2013

This asshole is still around? Seems like he and Cheney just won't go away.

by Anonymousreply 4009/05/2013

[quote]Donald Rumsfeld Calls Obama 'So-Called Commander-in-Chief'

The David Pakman Show discusses Rumsfeld's remarks.

by Anonymousreply 4109/07/2013

Coming from a "so called" human being, this is funny.

by Anonymousreply 4309/07/2013

Rumsfeld hates America and there is a special place in hell for him.

by Anonymousreply 4409/07/2013

All this deserved criticism of Rumsfeld's role in the Iraq war yet few comments on the substance of his remarks?

Is Obama leading us into another possible long term deadly conflict? Or not?

by Anonymousreply 4509/07/2013

I'd like to know who's advising Obama. That's the key to this.

by Anonymousreply 4609/07/2013

R46, that fucking warmonger moron Samantha Power and that slightly less warmongerish but still interventionist Susan Rice.

Obama is generally a smart man, has good advisers and has mainly followed a foreign policy thus far where he kept the US out of situations in which it should not get directly involved. But, now, for some reason, and I'm sure a lot is related to Samantha Power as new UN ambassador, whose whole worldview is based on "US intervention to stop genocide", he has made a real mess of it.

by Anonymousreply 4709/07/2013

Rumsfeld, spawn of Satan, must stink from the rot of his evil insides and out.

by Anonymousreply 4809/07/2013

Can we take a toy helicopter to the old bastard yet?

by Anonymousreply 4909/07/2013

I loathe people like R22/R23/R38.

Why are you acting like aspartame is some innocuous ingredient rather than garbage not fit for human consumption?

It's people like you who are the reason GMO can go unlabeled. Just bend over and let the FDA rape you.

by Anonymousreply 5009/07/2013

I think you made a wrong turn on your Internet troll, r51. Ta ta, toots.

by Anonymousreply 5209/07/2013

We can thank Rumsfeld for Increasing Autism, too.

by Anonymousreply 5309/07/2013

This from someone who said he hadn't heard of WT7. He was lying about that of course, but was arrogant enough to seem stupid. As he is again with his latest crass remark.

by Anonymousreply 5509/07/2013

Obama does look weaker than shit. If the Commander in Chief does make a move, it may be some time in the middle of 2014.... or later!

by Anonymousreply 5609/07/2013

Oh look, Donald Rumsfeld posts here!

by Anonymousreply 5709/07/2013

All this so Obama doesn't look like a pansy?

by Anonymousreply 5809/07/2013

I don't throw around the word "sociopath" very often, but I really do believe Rumsfeld is one. He is a sick, twisted man.

by Anonymousreply 5909/07/2013

Monkeys.....I mean freeps.....go home.

by Anonymousreply 6109/07/2013

[quote]I don't throw around the word "sociopath" very often, but I really do believe Rumsfeld is one. He is a sick, twisted man.

Henry Kissinger once described Rumsfeld as the most ruthless man he had ever met. And that tells you something, considering that Kissinger is not exactly an angel.

by Anonymousreply 6209/08/2013

Wait till Rumsfeld gets to his so-called room in hell.

by Anonymousreply 6309/08/2013

He is 81. How much longer will he go on?

by Anonymousreply 6409/08/2013

From David Pakman's program. . .

by Anonymousreply 6509/08/2013

Adding to r62's statement:

"Henry Kissinger once said that Mr Rumsfeld was the most ruthless man he knew, adding that he was a "skilled full-time politician-bureaucrat in whom ambition, ability and substance fuse seamlessly".

Mr Rumsfeld spent three years in the US navy before starting out his political career as an assistant to a congressman.

Twenty years and several jobs later, he was appointed defence secretary for the first time - nearly 25 years before he took the post under George W Bush.

Much of the time between was spent in big business, including stints as chief executive officer of pharmaceutical company GD Searle & Co, CEO of General Instrument Corporation and Chairman of Gilead Sciences.

But he also continued to advise Republican administrations and exercise his influence over issues of defence throughout the 1980s and 1990s."

by Anonymousreply 6609/08/2013

Is r67 a parody post?

by Anonymousreply 6809/08/2013

R6 gets it.

by Anonymousreply 6909/08/2013

[quote]Go back to watching MSNBC.

No, thanks; I don't watch any of the cable news channels.

[quote]I live and work in the real world

Apparently, you don't, given your comments here.

[quote]and have seen taxes go up

Income taxes are at historic lows here in the real world. Try again.

[quote]services go down

That's what happens when you cut taxes, moron, and try idiotic "austerity" measures foisted on you by a Republican House of Representatives and by a Republican minority who are using the power of the filibuster to block any and all attempts to actually spur the economy.

[quote]and America turn into a a laughing stock just like your post.

LOL.... Oh, the projection. Talk about a fact-free, content-free post. And you claim to live in the "real world?" The mind boggles.

[quote]Most of the people who still support and defend Obama do not work, have any responsibilities, or care for family members.

Uh-huh, right. Whatever. Can yo uat least *try* to make your trolling a bit less obvious and a bit more intelligent?

[quote]Obama is worse than Bush.

Yes, because failing to lie us into a trillion-dollar war and failing to cause a catastrophic economic meltdown are just so much worse than Bush's record. Oh, wait....

Moron.

by Anonymousreply 7209/08/2013

R68, anyone using the word "fucktard" is a joke on society the moment it's born.

by Anonymousreply 7309/08/2013

[quote]LOL - the "defense" of this "president" is laughable on this site. You idiots resort to the old standbys of "freeper", "troll" blah blah blah.

LOL - the "attacks" of this "president" are laughable on this site. You idiots resort to the old standbys of "really really really bad President" blah blah blah. [sic]

[quote]Get some new material. I am getting bored...yawn

Get some new material. I am getting bored...yawn.

Oh, and moron, it hasn't escaped anyone's attention that you have no answer for R72.

by Anonymousreply 7609/14/2013

[quote]You idiots resort to the old standbys of "freeper", "troll" blah blah blah. Get some new material. I am getting bored...yawn

But responding with... [quote][R72]=Michelle Obama

...is the height of wit?

I don't even like Obama, but there's no denying that you people are absolutely pathetic because you have nothing that resembles a fact to add to any conversation. You only contribute hyperbolic drivel.

You haven't the intelligence to debate when challenged. You only continue to respond because you have anonymity which spares you the embarrassment of having to see us look at you with pity and/or laughing to your face.

How about *for once* you people grow a set and actually respond when challenged? CAN YOU?

Instead of some dumbass response like you gave @R74, respond, coward.

by Anonymousreply 7709/14/2013

70, sorry honey we became a laughingstock when we bombed Iraq for 911 and Obl got away.

by Anonymousreply 7809/14/2013

Really, R78.

It's like these dimwits forget that 2000-2008 ever happened. They don't like to talk about it and when you mention Bush, they respond with "still blaming Bush?" The problem isn't that we "still blame Bush," it's that they NEVER HAVE. They just ignore the tax cuts to the wealthiest during trillion dollar wars - including a war based on lies, using the raw emotions of an angry nation. They ignore the trillion to banks under TARP. They ignore that he didn't protect us on OUR OWN SOIL on 9/11 where 3000 people died and instead, choose to magnify four deaths in Benghazi which took place in a volatile nation under transition.

This is what they do. There's so much to blame Obama for, but when you start in with things that you know Bush did FAR worse, then you're going to be called out for your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 7909/14/2013

FF, the FREEPER TROLL @ R42, R51, R54, R70, R74, R75, and R80 (thus far)!

by Anonymousreply 8209/14/2013

Bush is so drug-demented he can no longer appear in public, R81. He will go down in history as a cocaine-addled, CIA-built fraud of a president.

by Anonymousreply 8309/14/2013

R81 is the same FREEPER TROLL cited by R82.

by Anonymousreply 8409/14/2013

Obama will likely be remembered as the President that saved the US economy, brought a more peaceful middle east, and spear-headed universal healthcare for all Americans.

by Anonymousreply 8609/14/2013

[quote]It's only the craven Republicans who attack the elected President of the United States by seeming to deny his authority and legitimacy. They did it with Clinton, too.

True. To be fair, I did that with our appointed president, George W. Bush, every goddamned minute he was in office. The difference is that I was right and they were/are wrong.

Rummy, and every other war-mongering shithead who lied and schemed our way into Iraq, have no business commenting on matters of war, peace, commander-in-chiefing or the use of military force by the United States. They cashed that check and we are still paying it off. Anyone who values their opinions is a fucking moron with amnesia.

by Anonymousreply 8809/14/2013

I was pretty horrified when W was in office, so I know how they feel. Every president is a war mongerer, just look at recent events.

by Anonymousreply 8909/14/2013

"Shut the f*ck up! Shut the f*ck up! Shut the f*ck!"

- Jon Stewart on Donnie Rumsfeld

by Anonymousreply 9009/14/2013

[quote] Obama will go down as the worst President ever.

Is your life really so boring and so out of your control that the only way you can achieve gratification is to troll on a third-rate site like this? That's just pathetic.

[quote]Bush looks more like Lincoln or FDR everyday.

Well, sure, if you're a moron.

[quote]I hope the country survives until Obama is impeached or his term mercifully comes to an end.

Uh-huh, and yet, so far, you haven't been able to come up with a single bit of actual data to support this view. Or come up with anything in response to R72? Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 9109/15/2013

[quote]All you are doing is calling me a Freeper or Troll.

Moron, I'm calling you a troll because you are, in fact, trolling. This isn't exactly rocket science.

[quote]You haven't come up with any reason why he is NOT the worst president. I know why - you can't.

LOL... Actually, moron, I have, but even if I hadn't, it wouldn't matter because you are the one making the really stupid claims; it's up to you to back them up. You can't, of course, which is why all you can do is troll. Which, as noted, is really kinda pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 9309/17/2013

Runs deep on this thread hypocrisy does.

by Anonymousreply 9409/17/2013

[quote]Bush looks more like Lincoln or FDR everyday..

Oh, my sides, MY SIDES!

It's because of jerks like r70, that America can't have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 9510/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.