Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

8-year-old not charged for ‘intentionally’ killing grandmother can live with parents, go to counseling.

They will blame the video game and not the gun.

8-year-old not charged for ‘intentionally’ killing grandmother can live with parents, go to counseling.

BY JOE KEMP / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

TUESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2013, 10:47 AM

The 8-year-old boy who cops say intentionally shot and killed his 87-year-old grandmother inside her Louisiana mobile home will be allowed to remain in his parents’ custody, but must go to counseling, a judge ruled. The boy, who was not identified because he is a minor, fired a single shot into the back of Marie Smothers’ head after he finished playing Grand Theft Auto IV, a video game often blamed for encouraging violence, on Aug. 22, police said.

by Anonymousreply 2009/05/2013

Maybe he will get struck by lightning.

by Anonymousreply 209/04/2013

I'm sure that will turn out well.

by Anonymousreply 309/04/2013

if i were his parent, i'd pissed that little monster was coming home. who wants the bad seed in their home?

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2013

Are his parents happy about this ruling?

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2013

Who lets their child play GTA? At that age when your brain is still forming, that's very dangerous. When I was a kid I played all types of video games..shooting, sports, maze-type, everything and never felt the impulse to hurt anyone. I've played much more violent games than GTA. Never an urge.

However, once when I was like 20 I was walking to the store and a guy rode past me on a motorcycle and I felt the urge to push him off it and take off. Mind you, I'd certainly never do that or seriously consider it but after playing GTA, the thought popped into my brain for a split second. Children don't have great impulse control as it is, so a game like GTA isn't good for them. You'd be better off getting them a game that's solely about blowing people's heads off than one that will push them to act impulsively. Regardless of what had an impact on him (numbers 1 though 9 being parenting), if he hadn't had access to the gun, this would've never happened. That's if he was a troubled kid, a good kid, or little Hannibal Lecter.

It's the parents fault on all counts. Lack of supervision, poor judgment (buying him the game), negligence in giving him access to the gun. This all falls at their feet.

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2013

Did the lil' thug tell his grammy he was hardcore?

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2013

On it!

by Anonymousreply 809/04/2013

Granny got run over by a reindeer

by Anonymousreply 909/04/2013

Does anyone know if that little boy who shot his father and his father's friend went to prison? I'm sorry I can't remember more details about the case.

by Anonymousreply 1009/04/2013

The only counsellor with a metal detector at the door...

by Anonymousreply 1109/04/2013

[quote]However, once when I was like 20 I was walking to the store and a guy rode past me on a motorcycle and I felt the urge to push him off it and take off.

LMAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 1209/04/2013

Can't wait to see who he kills next!

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2013

TYIWHC

by Anonymousreply 1409/04/2013

R10, he was very young, maybe under 5. He would not have been charged with anything.

by Anonymousreply 1509/04/2013

Grandma, looking down from heaven: "So glad to know my life was worth shit. Fuck you Judge. Maybe I'll tamper with your brakes."

by Anonymousreply 1609/04/2013

Oh I didn't know he was that young, R15.

by Anonymousreply 1709/05/2013

Anyone who leaves a loaded gun lying around in the same room as a child playing a game where you shoot people deserves to be killed.

by Anonymousreply 1809/05/2013

Great. Can't wait to find out who else it will kill once it reaches maturity.

by Anonymousreply 1909/05/2013

That's why I got Lee Trevillo's golf video instead of Bonestorm for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 2009/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!