Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Creepy Places/Buildings

What are the creepy buildings or places in your city or town?

Places that you've been that have made you feel uneasy or places that you wouldn't dare go to.

In LA, the central library and the Cecil Hotel frighten me. Turnbull Canyon is frightening in Whittier.

I wouldn't go to Untermyer Park in Yonkers, and the Denver airport seems scary.

by Bloody Maryreply 2009/06/2013

Nevermore

by Bloody Maryreply 109/04/2013

bump

by Bloody Maryreply 209/05/2013

H.H. Richardson's Buffalo Psychiatric Hospital. An architectural masterpiece. Very creepy. It's finally going to be put in use again - as a hotel!

by Bloody Maryreply 309/05/2013

Smith and 9th Street Station in Brooklyn. Totally gives me the creeps.

by Bloody Maryreply 409/05/2013

Sometimes I feel creepy when I'm driving through a forest and I get a little nervous that I won't be able to find civilization again.

by Bloody Maryreply 509/05/2013

I always thought the Palace Amusements was creepy looking. That sickly green color, the freaky faces, the lack of windows. After it closed and was abandoned it went from creepy to down right scary.

by Bloody Maryreply 609/05/2013

r6, it's demolished now. Torn down right after it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.

America doesn't preserve its past. Americans really don't care much about history. $$$

by Bloody Maryreply 709/05/2013

Ariel Castro's house

by Bloody Maryreply 809/05/2013

R7 Im all for historic preservation, if the building has some significant or exceptional quality to it. The Palace did not. It was basically a gussied up cement block warehouse.

by Bloody Maryreply 909/05/2013

The Dakota was made creepy by "Rosemary's Baby" and the Lennon murder but I walked by the actual buildings that inspired Levin for "Rosemary": The Wyoming apartments at 55th and Seventh just seem spookier, despite being right in Midtown.

by Bloody Maryreply 1009/05/2013

The abandoned Gates rubber factory in Denver

by Bloody Maryreply 1109/05/2013

The dilapidated Metropolitan Hotel, Asbury Park, NJ

It's gone now, but Asbury Park is still creepy.

by Bloody Maryreply 1209/05/2013

Cairo USA

by Bloody Maryreply 1309/05/2013

The House on the Rock near Spring Green, Wisconsin. When the eccentric guy who developed this place was alive, it was pretty fantastic, I went there as a kid in the 80s. He died years ago, and the place has struggled. If you're there on a busy day,it's not too creepy. I went up on a weekday last summer with 2 friends and the place was a ghost town. Creepiest parts: The world's largest merry go round (creepy because of all the angel mannequins hanging from the ceiling), the animatronic Orchestra, or the life-size, incredibly life-like great blue whale sculpture, which you have to view by walking a narrow catwalk.

by Bloody Maryreply 1409/05/2013

R13/R14, both Cairo, IL and the House on the Rock were featured rather prominently in Neil Gaiman's American Gods... I'm sure the creep factor has something to do with it.

by Bloody Maryreply 1509/05/2013

Right out of Stephen King.

by Bloody Maryreply 1609/05/2013

How did that town get to be abandoned and I saw a few cars but who could stand living there?

by Bloody Maryreply 1709/05/2013

Is the Denver Airport as creepy as it looks?

by Bloody Maryreply 1809/06/2013

r4 You must've been at Smith/Ninth years ago. It was renovated recently.

by Bloody Maryreply 1909/06/2013

Neverland Ranch with it's secret doors / rooms.

by Bloody Maryreply 2009/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.