Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is this the one? Canadian HIV vaccine advances to Phase II clinical trials

Sumagen Canada Inc and Western University announced yesterday that the Phase I Clinical Trial of the first and only preventative HIV vaccine based on a genetically modified killed whole virus (SAV001-H) has been successfully completed with no adverse effects in all patients who participated in the trial. Researchers also found that antibody production was boosted after vaccination.....

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 109/04/2013

You're so informative r1, thanks for sharing your insightful, informed, and articulate thoughts!

by Anonymousreply 209/04/2013

Dammit! I needed that like two weeks ago!

by Anonymousreply 309/04/2013

Phase I trials basically test the safety of the vaccine not how well it works. They are a long way from declaring a success.

Plus, they haven't even run this by Jenny McCarthy yet.

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2013

[quote]Phase I trials basically test the safety of the vaccine not how well it works.

Exactly this. It is a very important step but it literally tells you nothing about well the vaccine protects you against the virus.

But still, it passed a fundamental step for any potential vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2013

There were several potential vaccines that made it precisely to Phase II, then failed.

Personally, I think "the cure" won't be a vaccine, but some form of outside-the-box drug treatment.

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!