Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NHL Star Sean Avery Comes Out The Closet Then Jumps Back In It!

Not sure if he was coming out or joking but Sean Avery posted the blog post that stated he and Andy Cohen were engaged. After two hours he removed it from his instagram, but thanks to snapshot it's saved.

What do you all think was Sean Avery trying to come out, but had cold feet and jumped back in the closet? Or is he and Andy trying to joke and throw the media off?

P.s. at first I didn't like Sean, but this made me like him, it shows he has a sense of humor and not that asshole from the NHL that I assumed he was. I hope he and Andy are engaged and happy. Time will tell I guess...

by Anonymousreply 6210/14/2013

He just has a strange (`edgy` to him) sense of humour and that`s it.

by Anonymousreply 109/04/2013

Oh good, we needed another Sean Avery thread.

by Anonymousreply 209/04/2013

R1 I was skeptical of the story when it first hit. But a Sean Avery and Andy Cohen sex tape would make my 2013. If Sean lets Andy top him I would be shocked as hot hell!!! A tough athlete getting his back blown out by an e-ffi-minate television queen. I hope Sean is at least the top in their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 309/04/2013

Sean Avery has the dead, soulless eyes of a sociopath. Reminds me of Lance Armstrong.

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2013

He never came out of the closet, OP. You are plain lying now. He is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2013

[quote]He just has a strange ('edgy' to him) sense of humour and that's it.

Gay, closeted, yet desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2013

R5 by him posting that on his instagram is coming out the closet. No straight celebrity man is putting he is engaged to another man on his instagram for all his straight female fans to see.

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2013

They are not engaged, Cohen has already stated weeks ago on his own bravo you tube channel that the ring is something he bought for himself he is not engaged.

by Anonymousreply 809/04/2013

Please R7, any guy with a sense of humor would do that. The only thing odd to me is why he would delete it, that makes it suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 909/04/2013

He wanted to be funny but realized it went a bit too far and became awkward so he took it off.

by Anonymousreply 1009/04/2013

This whole thing seems homophobic to me.

by Anonymousreply 1109/04/2013

R8 then why don't they just deny all this. Andy denies every blog rumor about Housewives or anything Bravo related, but plays coy with who he is dating or engaged to. I don't get it. Something is up they might not be engaged but at the very least they are sexually active with each other. They are never photographed on vacation together with any women. And they vacation together frequently to exotic resorts and cities. At the very least they are friends with benefits.

by Anonymousreply 1209/04/2013

R11 what is homophobic about this. I'm not seeing your point of view. And Sean Avery interned at Vogue and likes looking at women purses! #GAY

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2013

If they are laughing at the idea that Sean Avery is gay. If he in fact gay, I'm wrong. But, the jury is still out.

by Anonymousreply 1409/04/2013

I heard Sean's family especially his dad is against the idea of his son publicly being openly gay. Andy Cohen accepts it so they just joke about it but will never confirm or deny it publicly. If it wasn't some truth to it Andy would have been shut that down via his twitter. He is infamous for that.

by Anonymousreply 1509/04/2013

OP why would you like Sean Avery even more after this? He comes out of the closet and then like a wuss goes back in. What is so great about that?

by Anonymousreply 1609/04/2013

Avery really didn't come out. Cohen's main interest in Avery is getting publicity in Vogue magazine. It's also a plus for Cohen if he can convince people that he's a macho top who has something going with an athlete.

by Anonymousreply 1709/04/2013

R17 so what's Sean's main interest in Andy? What does Sean get out the deal? His Penis? Sean is getting the short end of the stick literally if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 1809/04/2013

Yeah, there is no benefit to Avery pretending to like Andy. None.

by Anonymousreply 1909/04/2013

That wasn't sarcasm either. I really think there is no benefit to Avery befriending Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 2009/04/2013

[quote]there is no benefit to Avery pretending to like Andy. None.

All-expense paid vacations. Publicity.

by Anonymousreply 2109/04/2013

He doesn't need either of those things from Andy, R21. He has lots of money already, and he gets more publicity from his asshole personality than from Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 2209/04/2013

If Andy thinks he can have a long-term relationship with someone who plays coy about his sexuality, then he's fooling himself. Guys like that will always burn you in the end. And it sad that a successful 40-something doesn't have enough self-esteem to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 2309/04/2013

Avery never came out of the closet. At most, it was a poorly executed joke. Stop making up stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2409/04/2013

It was a joke, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2509/04/2013

[quote]is he and Andy

OH MY!

by Anonymousreply 2609/04/2013

I'll guess that Sean Avery was testing the waters to see how the public would take him coming out. He got nervous at the reaction and pulled his instagram. He has not posted anything on his Twitter account since. It's possible he's just like Wentworth Miller who also originally vehemently denied he was gay.

In the meantime Andy has put the post on his facebook page asking how'd they find out. He's probably joking but he's also getting some serious congratulations.

by Anonymousreply 2709/04/2013

R27 Sean Avery will come out the closet before years end I'm almost certain.

by Anonymousreply 2909/04/2013

Maybe he doesn't believe in labels.

by Anonymousreply 3009/04/2013

I don't believe in labels, I'm straight though.

by Anonymousreply 3109/04/2013

Sean is not gay. He and Andy have a pretend flirtation going on. It keeps both of these narcissistic, star-fucking famewhores somewhat newsworthy. I can assure that Sean's mouth and ass have never been near any cock, least of all Andy's.

by Anonymousreply 3209/04/2013

R32 I don't believe it. Andy is a hard flirt with male guest on his show. And he's around Sean Avery in swimming trunks at resorts taking pics. Name one other guy not married and not gay that Andy is close with and hangs around all the time? I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 3309/04/2013

Yeah, like you'd know, R32.

It sounds so moronic when anyone says that about someone else.

Those vacation shots say more than any lame instagram retraction ever could.

by Anonymousreply 3409/04/2013

I think it was a joke in response to the internet rumors

by Anonymousreply 3509/04/2013

umm...see the pics of him on vacation again with Cohen.

Are we this gullible folks? God damn, Andy got himself a fine looking bf.

by Anonymousreply 3609/04/2013

Well if it's a joke it's going pretty far. He's giving plenty of material to people who hate him from hockey (he was very unpopular because he was an asshole.)

Look at this post where they bring up his sloppy seconds comment about Elisha Cuthbert that he made a couple years ago as his coming out moment.

by Anonymousreply 3709/04/2013

The rumor about Sean Avery being gay is really taking off on Twitter now.

by Anonymousreply 3809/04/2013

R38 That is exactly what wanted to happen. Why are we so eager to claim this racist twat?

by Anonymousreply 3909/04/2013

That is exactly what THEY wanted to happen. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 4009/04/2013

It's obviously a joke. God, are we really so desperate to believe someone, anyone, is gay??

by Anonymousreply 4109/04/2013

Does any straight man have this many shoes?

by Anonymousreply 4209/04/2013

R41 'We' are not desperate because 'We' did not start this rumor. This was started by some website who claimed to have talked to an insider. And 'We' aren't the ones running away with the rumor but all the hockey fans are the ones posting about it. OK.

And if Mr. Andy Cohen and Mr. Sean Avery wanted to shut down the rumor they could do so easily.

by Anonymousreply 4309/04/2013

I'm think this is all just a ploy for publicity. Mostly for Andy. He's back from vacation, starting a new season...

by Anonymousreply 4409/04/2013

Of course they don't want to shut it down, R43. They are both getting a shotload of publicity and that is their raison d'être.

And as far as Avery being pro-GLBTQ.....he is far too narcisstic to be an ally or to concern himself with anyone or anything that does not benefit him either monetarily or socially.

So, maybe he is gay, but I sure as hell hope not. He is nothing more than a little ball of hate.

by Anonymousreply 4509/04/2013

Is he the one who tweeted in favor of gay marriage, gays in the locker-room, etc?

by Anonymousreply 4609/04/2013

Hmm R45 he was enough of an ally that he came out pro gay marriage while he was still playing and got called faggot for his troubles.

Back in 2011: "During the height of the New York state marriage equality debate, Avery recorded a video urging state lawmakers to pass the bill. “I treat everyone the way I expect to be treated,” Avery said in the video, “and that applies to marriage.” He even used his celebrity as a New York Ranger to lobby lawmakers on marriage equality."

by Anonymousreply 4709/04/2013

My job is so easy tonight. I could have posted any number of responses here. Thanks Guys!

by Anonymousreply 4809/04/2013

A joke that went too far

by Anonymousreply 4909/04/2013

Exactly R37 a simple "I'm not gay" on Twitter would shut all this down. It makes me think he likes all of this. I would have been confirmed or denied it by now. Yahoo done picked the story up now.

by Anonymousreply 5009/04/2013

He does like all of this. Have you witnessed his personality? He gets off on this shit. He's a nasty little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5109/04/2013

It's not easy for some former hockey player and wannabe fashionista and celebrity to generate headlines and internet traffic.

I am sure he is loving this.

by Anonymousreply 5209/04/2013

If Sean were not gay and were straight wouldn't he deny all of this? I can't fathom a man being that thirsty for fame he would pretend to be in a gay relationship for attention.

by Anonymousreply 5309/05/2013

R53, Avery doesn't care whether people think he is straight or gay. That combined with his need for attention have resulted in his lack of denial or confirmation of the engagement rumors. If he is gay, he could land someone younger, hotter, wealthier and more interesting than that tired old queen Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 5409/05/2013

R54 Something is wrong if he is that desert thirsty for notoriety. He needs to just come on out and say "I'm not gay" then. All this makes me not like him.

by Anonymousreply 5509/08/2013

I don't think he cares that you don't like him, R55.

by Anonymousreply 5609/08/2013

R55 *waves* Hi Sean! Come out the closet, Andy is claiming he tops you? Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 5709/08/2013

Why hasn't Sean Avery denied all of this if he is not gay? Andy seems to be doing all the media push for this story to be next to Lamar Odom's on radaronline.

by Anonymousreply 5809/12/2013

R58,According to this blind item Sean is ready to come out of the closet..his "fiance" wants none of that and is doing the damage control even telling Sean to beard up.They even had a huge fight about it.

by Anonymousreply 5909/12/2013

You are still talking about this weeks later.

And US. And probably watching BRAVO.

Fait accompli.

by Anonymousreply 6009/12/2013

if the rumors are true maybe Andy wanted to control the announcement and get some money out it but his staff spilled the beans....

by Anonymousreply 6109/12/2013

Sean avery was let go of his job as a top executive at Lipman ad agency and the company filled for bankruptcy....

by Anonymousreply 6210/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.