Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Germany To Prosecute 30 Auschwitz Guards

Huh?

Isn't it a little late?

by Anonymousreply 1609/06/2013

Yes, it's utter shaming PC bullshit done for the benefit of... schoolchildren. Next they'll be dragging the train drivers and the secretaries from their care homes to whisper 'we were only doing our jobs'. However they were quite happy to let the Commandant of Treblinka die in his own bed.

by Anonymousreply 109/04/2013

Didn't I lose an Oscar to somebody in a film about this subject?

by Anonymousreply 209/04/2013

Did they catch little Treblinka?

by Anonymousreply 309/04/2013

All guards and soldiers follow orders. Will we go after our own for war crimes?

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2013

Sounds like this prosecution is a good start.

This is not mere hatred of the Nazis; I hardly think that the Bushes and their ilk should be exempt.

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2013

How old are these people? 100?

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2013

It's never too late.

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2013

Never thought hearing about Nazis would brighten my day. Those guards were perverted monsters and must pay for their crimes.

by Anonymousreply 809/04/2013

No, it's not too late.

by Anonymousreply 909/04/2013

They are monsters and it's NEVER too late to bring them to justice.

If they truly were just "following orders" then why did they not at any time in the last 70 years admit to their roles at the camp, profess how wrong their actions were but powerless to stop it. They probably would have served some time but would have been freed eventually.

Instead they chose to hide for all these years, and I'm sure they regret none of their actions.

by Anonymousreply 1009/04/2013

I love it when they drag an old, infirm, incontinent Nazi out of his house, especially when they also deport him in the process. Just when the old man thought he had nothing more to worry about, he gets a nice surprise.

by Anonymousreply 1109/04/2013

Sorry, but this seems like lame justice to me. Like flogging a corpse. Well, okay if it makes you feel better, but these men have lived full lives for decades. You aren't taking anything away from them at this point. Most are probably in the advanced stages of dementia and don't even know their own names, much less what they did 70 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1209/04/2013

On the contrary, Germany is big on family and personal honor and this prosecution takes away their Name, which is their most important possession.

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2013

Okay R13, so it sounds like they want to punish the families of these guards by shaming the family name. The old carcasses don't even know what's happening because they're senile and almost dead. So, it's their relatives that are taking the brunt. Yep, sounds fair.

by Anonymousreply 1409/04/2013

Throw them into a furnace. Alive!

by Anonymousreply 1509/05/2013

where the hell have the authorities been for the last 60 yrs?

by Anonymousreply 1609/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!