Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"In Your Eyes" - Peter Gabriel .

One of the best love songs ever written, and not just because of that scene from "Say Anything..."

by Anonymousreply 5409/04/2013

Written for Rosanna Arquette.

by Anonymousreply 109/03/2013

Love I get so lost, sometimes

Days pass and this emptiness fills my heart

When I want to run away

I drive off in my car

But whichever way I go

I come back to the place you are

All my instincts, they return

And the grand facade, so soon will burn

Without a noise, without my pride

I reach out from the inside

In your eyes

The light the heat

In your eyes

I am complete

In your eyes

I see the doorway to a thousand churches

In your eyes

The resolution of all the fruitless searches

In your eyes

I see the light and the heat

In your eyes

Oh, I want to be that complete

I want to touch the light

The heat I see in your eyes

by Anonymousreply 209/03/2013

Love, I don't like to see so much pain

So much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away

I get so tired of working so hard for our survival

I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

And all my instincts, they return

And the grand facade, so soon will burn

Without a noise, without my pride

I reach out from the inside

In your eyes

The light the heat

In your eyes

I am complete

In your eyes

I see the doorway to a thousand churches

In your eyes

The resolution of all the fruitless searches

In your eyes

I see the light and the heat

In your eyes

Oh, I want to be that complete

I want to touch the light,

The heat I see in your eyes

In your eyes in your eyes

by Anonymousreply 309/03/2013

Jeez, how many songs has Rosanna had written about her?

by Anonymousreply 409/03/2013

In Your Eyes is a perfect pop song.

by Anonymousreply 509/03/2013

Rosanna got around.

by Anonymousreply 609/03/2013

It's the perfect love song. The lyrics almost make me teary-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 709/03/2013

Peter Gabriel at his absolute best (forgive the blurry video), this old Disney Channel concert vid really has the definitive live versions. "In Your Eyes" is near end at 1:29:45.

by Anonymousreply 809/03/2013

Rosanna must be really good at cocksucking or something because she was never much to look at. She got praise for her accurate portrayal of Nicole Baker, Gary Gilmore's bubblebrained girlfriend. I suspect the role wasn't a big stretch for her; Nicole Baker was the type who would meet a guy at a truckstop and in less than an hour she'd be in his vehicle getting her pussy plowed. She WAS Nicole Baker.

by Anonymousreply 909/03/2013

I have seen him many times in concert and he gets better as he ages. Man knows how to deliver a show.

by Anonymousreply 1009/03/2013

R9 - Rosanna was pretty in her 20s and 30s and had/has a fabulous body. plus, she seemed eager to please.

by Anonymousreply 1109/03/2013

"Sorta" hot? Hot to death...in an off-center, nerdly way, of course. I'd hit that.

by Anonymousreply 1209/03/2013

I never found Arquette attractive. She's always seemed weird and trashy to me, although at one time she did have a good body. But so what? Good bodies are nothing special in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 1309/03/2013

She's hot here in After Hours.

by Anonymousreply 1409/03/2013

[quote]I never found Arquette attractive. She's always seemed weird and trashy to me

Well, she IS an Arquette. They are all kind of weird. She did have a nice rack though.

And Peter Gabriel has always been hot, even nowadays as a silver fox.

by Anonymousreply 1509/03/2013

That's two songs written about her that I can recall. Toto "Rosanna" and Peter Gabriel "in your eyes". Great actress just one of the many that wasn't able to continue on in the field.

by Anonymousreply 1609/03/2013

Well, Peter Gabriel must have had something, because Sinead tried to off herself, when he broke up with her...it IS Sinead, so, who knows.

For the record, he broke up with Rosanna AT DISNEYLAND/WORLD (forget which) on HER BIRTHDAY. They remain friends, allegedly..

by Anonymousreply 1709/03/2013

Peter Gabriel has never been very mentally stable. That's where all his artistry comes from.

by Anonymousreply 1809/03/2013

Perhaps he has the John Hann package

by Anonymousreply 1909/03/2013

Well, you can definitely see some VPLage at the 4:05 mark in the video for "Steam"...

by Anonymousreply 2009/03/2013

I just started watching the video. He's fantastic. Although he's not that good looking, his talent and voice make him sexy as fuck. And that's Paula Cole on bgv's, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 2109/03/2013

[quote]Although he's not that good looking

You sure about that?

by Anonymousreply 2209/03/2013

Rosanna just got married to an investment banker a week or two ago.

by Anonymousreply 2309/03/2013

Yer preachin' to the choir, at least, here, r22.

by Anonymousreply 2409/03/2013

Oddly, he was handsome in his 30's, but ugly in his 20's. He's not too shabby now either, but he looks older than his age.

by Anonymousreply 2509/03/2013

From Kate Bush's Christmas Special..

by Anonymousreply 2609/03/2013

Paula Cole got her start with him. He sang back up vocals on her song Hush, Hush, Hush about a young man dying og AIDs. Chokes me up every time I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 2709/03/2013

Best performed live when he would open the song a cappella -- "Forgetting all that's done and said, I want to stand and stare again, 'til there's nothing left, Ohhhh, it remains there in your eyes..."

by Anonymousreply 2809/03/2013

One of the best pop love songs ever written, IMHO. But then, I think Peter Gabriel is one of the finest pop songwriters alive.

by Anonymousreply 2909/03/2013

I've never cared for his work.

by Anonymousreply 3009/03/2013

I tried to figure out the African chanting at the end of the song. I like that part; there's a live version where they have someone named "Papa Winba" sing in his native tongue and it's haunting.

by Anonymousreply 3109/03/2013

I can't hold a candle to "Girl You Know It's True", by Milli Vanilli.

by Anonymousreply 3209/03/2013

Paula Cole backs Peter on Don't Give Up too. She's stellar with him.

The whole So album is incredible.

by Anonymousreply 3309/03/2013

Isn't that Kate Bush on "Don't Give Up"?

by Anonymousreply 3409/03/2013

I used to send family members to his WOMAD concerts as Christmas gifts. I gave up on concerts after David Bowie's Glass Spider tour, but my family loved going to his festivals.

He gave an interview - very Warren Zevon - in which he noted that his shittiest ditties were the most well received.

by Anonymousreply 3509/03/2013

R34, yes there is a Paula Cole version.

[quote]The song was included in Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live tour featuring singer Paula Cole. The DVD release of a performance in Italy in 1993 (released in 1994) included the duet.

by Anonymousreply 3609/03/2013

On the recorded version on So, Kate sings on Don't Give Up. While touring in the early 90s, Peter had Paula back him on DGU and other songs.

by Anonymousreply 3709/03/2013

I read that the Don't Give Up video was so dirty they had to reshoot for America's MTV. Apparently Kate Bush tangled herself all over Peter Gabriel for the entire length of the British video.

by Anonymousreply 3809/03/2013

The resolution Of all the fruitless searches

1987, bitches, and Peter was hot as fuck because TALENT.

by Anonymousreply 3909/03/2013

Those lyrics from "All my instincts..." all the way to "I want to touch the light the heat I see in your eyes" strike such a chord.

by Anonymousreply 4009/03/2013

I've never heard that, r38 - I'd like to see that..Damn, he was hot, in those days.

by Anonymousreply 4109/03/2013

R38 - I believe that!

by Anonymousreply 4209/03/2013

R31, the lyrics you're referring to were written by Youssou N'Dour and they're in Wolof. The singer is basically singing a variation of the chorus in Wolof.

I've always thought the inclusion of the African drums and the chorus really drove the unique dynamics of the song.

by Anonymousreply 4309/03/2013

Ugh. I wish I did not read here it was written for Rosanna Arquette. Won't be able to enjoy hearing it again.

by Anonymousreply 4409/04/2013

He refused to let them use the song in Say Anything but Cameron Crowe was relentless. Ka-Ching!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4509/04/2013

[quote]1987, bitches, and Peter was hot as fuck because TALENT.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 4609/04/2013

I'm a big fan, and I've always been particularly fond of Peter Gabriel 3, the "melting face" record. The whole album has a real ominous, spooky feel to it. Especially love the song No Self Control.

"I don't know how to stop, no I don't know how to stop."

by Anonymousreply 4709/04/2013

"Ugh. I wish I did not read here it was written for Rosanna Arquette. Won't be able to enjoy hearing it again."

I will still be able to enjoy the beauty of the song, but that's certainly a waste of an inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 4809/04/2013

Wow, I just compared the YouTube vid I linked at R8 and my roomie's Secret World DVD of the same concert. The stereo mix on the online version is super thin compared to the gen-u-ine article, which is awesomely fat. Let's get the DVD, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 4909/04/2013

Red Rain

by Anonymousreply 5109/04/2013

Peter and Paula Don't Give Up

by Anonymousreply 5209/04/2013

Some Gabriel facts: PG was fat as a kid, his first wife's father was the Queen's secretary, she was very busty like Rosanna A, PG is a tit man or was, not sure what his most current wife looks like, except like all the other aging rockers, he married a much younger woman and she immediately had a baby.

Peter, as well as all the other original Genesis members, except for Phil Collins, who wasn't the original drummer, came from upper middle class backgrounds, which in the UK means wealthy.

PG went to Charterhouse, a public (private) school in England.

by Anonymousreply 5309/04/2013

I don't understand the attraction - Rosanna's got those buck teeth.

by Anonymousreply 5409/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.