Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are you into Norwegian Black Metal?

I'm not, but I read an article on BuzzFeed about it the other day. I was curious about this strange, subversive sub-genre so I checked out some YouTube videos.

I couldn't stop laughing. They take themselves very seriously with their black clothes and their Satan worship and atmospherics and all that. But it's the same old silly heavy metal posturing it ever was.

They like to shock and horrify, certainly. But I have the feeling that if you drop any one of these boys into a gay bar they'd run shrieking for the hills.

It all just seems kind of silly to me. Something that ugly, nerdy, depressed teenage white boys like.

Or am I missing some larger cultural significance?

by Anonymousreply 1409/04/2013

Also, there aren't a lot women involved in that scene it seems. It's boys only.

by Anonymousreply 109/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 209/03/2013

How original!

by Anonymousreply 309/03/2013

As the old adage says, one picture...

by Anonymousreply 409/03/2013

While the DL usually refrains from any criticism of Kiwis out of respect for the land's wonderful people and in memory of the Prancing Ponys, dear at R5, what you said is interchangeable from any partisan of a fringe whackadoodle band of whatevers taking a stand for whatever who try to hard to look outrageous as we're told they're really just a bunch of puppy dogs.

In other words, so what, dear? And if you as a genuine fan don't care about being laughed at, you certainly wrote a long, opaque defense over it out of something you cared about. In fact, you smell like a girl.

Say his to the sheep for us, Goneril.

by Anonymousreply 609/03/2013

Had to check if there was any video of the makeout sessions r9 mentioned. There was. Posting it here in case anyone else is interested in seeing it. I thought it was kinda sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2013

That Niklas really likes making out on stage.

by Anonymousreply 1409/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!