Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did Craig Bierko make the right decision turning down the role of Chandler on Friends?

At the time Craig wanted a starring role on a sitcom. And not a part of an ensemble.

While Matthew Perry went on to fame, post-Friends has been difficult for him to continue to find good roles.

While Craig continues to mix film, TV and theater, he has more work than he can handle.

So did Craig make the right decision?

by Anonymousreply 3209/06/2013

Depends on how much money Perry stuffed up his nose as a result of having too much money.

by Anonymousreply 109/03/2013

Craig has more work than he could handle? Where did you read that? He's about to replace a Brit in a supporting role in Matilda. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 209/03/2013

"Friends" never would have lasted with Bierko as Chandler.

by Anonymousreply 309/03/2013

Of course not - household name, with 10's of millions of $$$, vs. respected, but generally unknown ( except in the biz) actor, still struggling to grab secondary parts, in film, or TV. Hmm. Tough one .......NOT !

by Anonymousreply 409/03/2013

Who respects Craig Bierko, though? By all accounts, he's an addled cunt.

by Anonymousreply 509/03/2013

Whatever you think of Perry, Craig Bierko would have been a disaster on FRIENDS. He's a rather humorless actor, and he reads as close to menacing onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 609/03/2013

He made the right decision being so hot.

by Anonymousreply 709/03/2013

"While Matthew Perry went on to fame, post-Friends has been difficult for him to continue to find good roles."

Don't you think his drug addiction (which pretty much destroyed his looks) might perhaps have had a LITTLE something to do with why he didn't "continue to find good roles?

by Anonymousreply 809/03/2013

"Bring my little bitch in here!"

by Anonymousreply 909/03/2013

[quote] Don't you think his drug addiction (which pretty much destroyed his looks) might perhaps have had a LITTLE something to do with why he didn't "continue to find good roles?

He has been clean and sober for a number of years.

He has also turned his former Malibu beach home into a men's sober living facility called Perry House, and he's becoming a passionate advocate for drug courts, through which non-violent substance abusers receive treatment instead of incarceration for their offenses.

by Anonymousreply 1009/03/2013

Craig and Matthew both co-starred in the sitcom 'Sydney' along with Daniel Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 1109/03/2013

Oooooh I want to live in Perry House! Is it hard to fake drug addiction?

by Anonymousreply 1209/03/2013

Matthew Perry step-father is NBC Dateline journalist Keith Morrison.

by Anonymousreply 1309/03/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1409/03/2013

I'm honestly glad that he's cleaned up his act, R10. But when an actor has a major drug problem at the very height of his fame, to the point where he has to take some time off from his hit sitcom and then, when he returns, he looks like a bloated mess, I kind of think that would have a lasting effect on his career.

by Anonymousreply 1509/03/2013

I don't think Perry's persona non grata. He's had two series since. The project's just weren't up to snuff.

by Anonymousreply 1609/03/2013

Hello Retards. Back to Craig Bierko please. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 1709/03/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1809/03/2013

You'd have to ask him.

Next!

by Anonymousreply 1909/03/2013

On what planet did Craig Bierko have the opportunity to turn down anything then? If he auditioned, he didn't get it. He's still barely known now let alone twenty five years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2009/03/2013

The character of Chandler is supposed to be a loser with women and kind of neurotic. No one would believe a stud like Craig Bierko would continually strike out with women.

by Anonymousreply 2109/03/2013

While Matthew Perry may be drug free now, just like R8, people remember what a mess he was. That stays in their memory longer than a notice that he cleaned up his act.

by Anonymousreply 2209/03/2013

"The character of Chandler is supposed to be a loser with women and kind of neurotic. No one would believe a stud like Craig Bierko would continually strike out with women."

And, when he started in the role, Matthew Perry was so adorable, charming, and good looking that some of us had a hard time believing that about him, either. But, you know, willing suspension of disbelief. And he was so funny that the mind-stretch didn't really bother me.

by Anonymousreply 2309/03/2013

An 'injury' prevented Bierko from joining Matilda on Bway tonite. I hope it's nothing serious.

Didn't he out-cunt Russell Crowe in that boxing movie?

by Anonymousreply 2409/03/2013

Trouble finding roles? Are YOU high?

He's been in three sitcoms TV shows over that last five years that not only made it past pilot season but have been on the air a full year. And he was the STAR. How many people keep getting chances like that? It's rough for TV sitcom right now.

I have no doubt Hollywood will continue to offer Matthew Perry TV work just as long as he's willing to take it.

by Anonymousreply 2509/03/2013

R24 He probably read this thread and ended up drowning his sorrows in a bottle of vodka and regret.

by Anonymousreply 2609/03/2013

He was GREAT in the Three Stooges movie last year!

Definitely a better role than playing Chandler

by Anonymousreply 2709/03/2013

[quote] He's been in three sitcoms TV shows over that last five years that not only made it past pilot season but have been on the air a full year. And he was the STAR. How many people keep getting chances like that? It's rough for TV sitcom right now.

All three shows were miserable failures. That's like saying how many people had the chance to rearrange chairs on the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 2809/03/2013

Matthew Perry became a household name, if not a star, from FRIENDS. And he never has to work again, even if 2/3 of his Friends money was spent on pharmaceuticals.

Craig Bierko continues to toil in semi-obscurity. And have you seen him lately? The photo linked below is 2 years old. While he may have been semi-hot back in the day, he's gotten fat and flabby - so much so that his face has turned into a blob.

by Anonymousreply 2909/03/2013

"Friends" + Craig Bierko = show that didn't last a season.

There are very few actors I find as repellent. He should have become a lawyer. Or a Republican politician. Or a Catholic priest.

by Anonymousreply 3009/04/2013

Check out the very funny youtube sketch BATHING WITH BIERKO where he sits in a tub washing John Malkovich. They never acknowledge the bathing part and do a normal interview.

by Anonymousreply 3109/04/2013

Has Craig set a date to begin Matilda? Or is that fantasy casting?

by Anonymousreply 3209/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.