Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

David Burtka & Cheyenne Jackson - Not Funny in New "Funny or Die"

My previous thread was deleted.

Was it because I said Cheyenne was obese or David is a bad actor?

Sorry, I dont think this video is funny.

David Burtka is a terrible actor and should have stayed in cooking school. Cheyenne looks morbidly obese, with a bad haircut and ridiculous moustache. This video must have been shot close to the time Cheyenne had his melt down as he looks like hell and they have him wearing long sleeves to cover up the “prison tatts.”

The make out scene looks real though. I wonder if they were screwing around in real life?

by Anonymousreply 5409/07/2013

I found it funny

by Anonymousreply 109/03/2013

That was tragic.

by Anonymousreply 209/03/2013

What's your damage, OP? Besides being a jealous hag, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 309/03/2013

I liked it and found it funny.I also think David is a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 409/03/2013

R3 have you been to datalounge before. It's called having an opinion you stupid fangurl.

by Anonymousreply 509/03/2013

R4 = David

by Anonymousreply 609/03/2013

OP / R5 you read as if you're bitter and stupid, beyond bitchy.

What are you, a Christian?

If you've seen these ads -- and know how they exclude "gay Christians" (funny to me) -- you get the joke.

Oh yes, and as for the stupidity, in what universe is Cheyenne mordbidly obese? And Burtka is in a parody, not Shakespeare, how in the hell are you judging his acting?

As for thinking two reasonably good looking gay men who are actors must be fucking to kiss well.... looks like you haven't been kissed, ever.

by Anonymousreply 709/03/2013

I thought that it was funny

by Anonymousreply 809/03/2013

It was cute. It wasn't hilarious, but it was a cute spoof and a nice little dig at Christian Mingle and sites like it.

by Anonymousreply 909/03/2013

It's cute but not funny. Neither Burtka or Jackson are particularly good actors, but they are sufficient for this video.

Cheyenne is NOT obese. A little pudgy and pastey with a bad haircut. Give the guy a break he's 40. Grow up OP!

by Anonymousreply 1009/03/2013

Painfully not funny. It was like they attempted something that Chris Guest would have directed much, much better.

Jackson's eyes make him look insane: He's really got a serial killer stare. I don't find him attractive at all.

by Anonymousreply 1109/03/2013

Burtka is channeling Chris Coffer. Didn't he used to be handsome?

by Anonymousreply 1209/03/2013

geessh give these 2 guys a break. They're in their 40's, should they look like 20 year old supermodels?

by Anonymousreply 1309/03/2013

Lol Cheyenne does have some very intense eyes there. I wonder if NPH is turned on by Cheyenne making out with his male wife.

And where the hell did Jackie Christie come from? LOL

by Anonymousreply 1409/03/2013

OP really. It was funny enough. What is with the vitriol? Get it down a notch

by Anonymousreply 1609/03/2013

Look it up. It's a real thing...

by Anonymousreply 1709/03/2013

agreed R16

by Anonymousreply 1809/03/2013

Seemed funny enough to me.

by Anonymousreply 1909/03/2013

Jesus laughed, OP. Why can't you?

by Anonymousreply 2009/03/2013

David is better looking in pictures than in motion.

by Anonymousreply 2109/03/2013

R21 I feel the same way about Jackson. He takes amazing still photos. But, get him in front of a film or video camera and there is something a little bit off with his face. He comes across as doughy and his eyes are too big. He looked good in Liberace . But, he was very fit then.

by Anonymousreply 2209/03/2013

It was so not funny that it seemed to be scripted by someone straight.

by Anonymousreply 2309/03/2013

It's cute, but what does NPH feel about his better half french-kissing Jackson, who is known for his big dick? i know it's all show biz but still.

by Anonymousreply 2409/03/2013

Such an obvious target.

by Anonymousreply 2509/03/2013

Did they pay Jackson in cocaine?

by Anonymousreply 2609/03/2013

It always amuses me to read the seething anger from some posters who can't stand it when cute gay white men get a taste of what everyone else on here gets.

Nothing in this thread is remotely as vicious as what lesbians and minorities get here. Stop your pathetic whining.

by Anonymousreply 2709/03/2013

"We love pleated front khakis!" And yet, neither one of them is wearing pleated front khakis.

This lacks courage of conviction.

by Anonymousreply 2809/03/2013

Well, this is a "bitchy" gossip site, and says so right up front. So the whining by frau-like Easter-egg queens seems disingenuous at best, and like trolling at worse.

That wasn't remotely funny. The actual "Christian Mingle" ads are MUCH funnier, particularly the one featuring the couple who look exactly like brother and sister.

The making out at the end was a bit weird, given how NPH and Burta-wife have enshrined their marriage as a People magazine friendly baby-fest. So Burta-wife swapping spit with the newly cracked out Jackson is strange. Burtka had better go for a hepatitis test now!

by Anonymousreply 2909/03/2013

Agree with R23 a straight person wrote this crap.

Cheyenne’s involvement with the video seems like something cooked up by his PR team. Everyone knows Cheyenne is a crazy cracked out mess. I’ll give you he may not be morbidly obese, but he is definitely bloated.

The whole thing is a desperate attempt to repackage Chey as a wholesome guy again. Thus, he is covered from head to toe(with not a tattoo in site).

Poor David Burtka, he’s just glad to get any job, even a free video.

R27 and R29 are right on!

by Anonymousreply 3009/03/2013

This is what happens when good looking people who have never been honestly told "you're just not funny" decide they are funny and write a sketch.

by Anonymousreply 3109/03/2013

I presume it was written by Bryan Safi. He's the one on the right in the second gay male couple.

by Anonymousreply 3209/03/2013

At least Cheyenne didn't show his hideously ugly tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 3309/03/2013

This wasn't funny and could have been so much netter.

I see Cheyenne' back to his crazy TMI tweets again.

"Just thankful on this rainy NYC day for the renewed and deepened relationship I have with both my parents. Love you both so much"

Has she joined a cult?

Oh MARY!

by Anonymousreply 3409/03/2013

[quote]french-kissing Jackson, who is known for his big dick?

Lol in what universe? Cheyenne's publicist is that you?

And I actually have to agree with the OP. I wanted to like this but honestly it isn't that funny, not painful or anything, but could have been a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 3509/03/2013

[quote]"Just thankful on this rainy NYC day for the renewed and deepened relationship I have with both my parents. Love you both so much"

This is to make up for the fact that he got that big down his arm tattoo for his father and totally ignored his mother.

by Anonymousreply 3609/03/2013

Guess you'll just have to die now, OP ;)

by Anonymousreply 3709/03/2013

"In what universe is Cheyenne morbidly obese? And Burtka is in a parody, not Shakespeare, how in the hell are you judging his acting?"

Thanks, R7. OP is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3809/03/2013

[quote] This is to make up for the fact that he got that big down his arm tattoo for his father and totally ignored his mother.

Not true. His "M" tattoo (now) stands for "Mother".

by Anonymousreply 3909/03/2013

I really don't think the Christian Mingle parody sketch was meant to be hilariously funny in a rolling-on-the-floor-laughing kind of way. It's a much more wry, ironic kind of humor they were going for, and I think it works just fine on that level. I especially like the line about "gaming the system."

by Anonymousreply 4009/03/2013

It's Burtka who is known for his big dick as anyone who saw him on stage in Play About the Baby knows. Cheyenne didn't look as big as David in his nude photo.

by Anonymousreply 4109/03/2013

R40, what took you so long, sycophantic apologist??!

Yeah, it's on FUNNY OR DIE. It was MEANT to be funny.Loser.

by Anonymousreply 4209/03/2013

R40 is a fucking nut

by Anonymousreply 4309/03/2013

R42 and 43, I'm a "loser" and a "nut" because I think the Christian Mingle parody is very funny in a wry, subtle, ironic way, rather than the over-the-top, stupid, infantile way you would would respond to? I'm so wounded :-(

by Anonymousreply 4409/03/2013

I thought it was as funny as this sort of thing needs to be. I liked it enough. CheyJack looks a little big hipped, but his weight varies a lot and he tends toward a full ass.

by Anonymousreply 4509/04/2013

Was she a large girl?

Yes.

Big through the hips? Roomy?

They all were.

by Anonymousreply 4609/04/2013

Not sure why anyone thinks this is funny? Is it becasue its Gay? Seems base to me.

by Anonymousreply 4709/04/2013

[quoe]Not sure why anyone thinks this is funny? Is it becasue its Gay? Seems base to me.

And that encapsulates all that it wrong with DL today.

by Anonymousreply 4809/04/2013

So what happens now that they chose "or Die?"

by Anonymousreply 4909/04/2013

R15= Cheryl

by Anonymousreply 5009/04/2013

The funny part is OP thinks Jackson is "morbidly obese." OP apparently has not been in many malls or airplanes recently.

by Anonymousreply 5109/04/2013

R51 dispels Jackson's on Meth rumors

by Anonymousreply 5209/04/2013

Cheyenne must have clippered his hair himself, thats exactly what my wonky haircut is like

by Anonymousreply 5309/04/2013

Unrelated to the video: am I the only who thinks its interesting how Cheyenne campaigned tirelessly for marriage equality only to show little respect for his own marriage by publicly stepping out with his new boyfriend before even announcing his divorce?

I respect anyone who stands up for what they believe in, but it seems like he was more into the fight (or maybe the spotlight) than what he was actually fighting for.

Before you start flaming me, I'm not saying anyone who supports marriage equality doesn't have the right to get divorce (after all, that's equality too), but the way he seemed to casually walk away from something he fought so hard for just makes me wonder what his true motives were in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 5409/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.