Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Blurred Lines as it should have been made

by women

by Anonymousreply 3709/04/2013

So sick of this song, Thicke, and now parodies … ARRGGH!

by Anonymousreply 109/03/2013

But the parody is good and makes an excellent feminist point.

by Anonymousreply 309/03/2013

R4 what a fascinating and fucked up brain you have.

by Anonymousreply 509/03/2013

[quote]That's my idea of a true feminist. Somebody who is comfortable to be objectified

What the fucking christing shitting hell?

by Anonymousreply 709/03/2013

There in no way ANYONE can get it,man or woman.

by Anonymousreply 909/03/2013

Made by three law students for Law School review.

by Anonymousreply 1009/03/2013

And, as always, "feminism" is presented as the domain of well educated, upper middle class white women.

by Anonymousreply 1109/03/2013

Cant you all take this feminism/pop sonf crap to iVillage or Jezebel where it belongs and stop littering this place with it?

by Anonymousreply 1209/03/2013

What is that at R8? A mindfucking philosophy for dimwitted strippers?

by Anonymousreply 1309/03/2013

[quote]Not hiding it because in some so called 'feminist's tiny mind, the only way she can compete with a man is by covering up and *gasp* TALKING!

The women in that video were hiding their sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 1509/03/2013

No I can't read.

So what are the woman in the video? Afeminists?

by Anonymousreply 1709/03/2013

linky stinky

by Anonymousreply 1909/03/2013

the short boy is awfully cute and has a great body. just sayin

by Anonymousreply 2109/03/2013

Two wrongs don't make a right (as grandma used to say). That parody video is hideous and doesn't prove anything or even make an effective point.

by Anonymousreply 2209/03/2013

In a way I agree, Objectification by any other name is still objectification

by Anonymousreply 2309/03/2013

They should have used hotter dudes

by Anonymousreply 2409/03/2013

[quote]That parody video is hideous and doesn't prove anything or even make an effective point.

But it does. It proves that objectification is hideous. That was the point.

by Anonymousreply 2509/03/2013

Ridiculous and sexist, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2609/03/2013

That was a STUPID video.

by Anonymousreply 2709/03/2013

The guys should have had their underwear off. Otherwise it was ok.

by Anonymousreply 2809/03/2013

r25, the ORIGINAL video did that. A second steaming pile of dogshit video was not needed to drive the point home. It was completely unnecessary and redundant.

by Anonymousreply 2909/03/2013

I'd rather watch a cat video.

What's the latest?

by Anonymousreply 3009/03/2013

Blurred Lines was mean't to have female models in the video, not guys. The comparison is redundant.

by Anonymousreply 3109/03/2013

Why are the lyrics to BLURRED LINES objected to by a good number of DLers.

What are the lyrics to this parody?

I can't understand either.

by Anonymousreply 3209/03/2013

Sounds like it was written by a frat jock: "Why don't you shut up and spread your legs? Do you need another beer?"

hey hey hey

by Anonymousreply 3309/03/2013

"the nude women in that video are having a good time and enjoying their bodies. That's my idea of a true feminist"

No, darling, they're being paid to ACT like they're having a good time and enjoying their bodies. The reality of the video shoot was undoubtedly joyless, with hot lights, chafing rubber underwear, worries about how their bodies photograph, and douchey behavior from the male stars.

Someone around here doesn't understand how show biz works, and it isn't me.

by Anonymousreply 3409/04/2013

r4's mother must have been a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 3509/04/2013

Idiot at R34 They were not paid to do anything. They wrote, produced and paid for the video themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3609/04/2013

More sex-hating, feminist shrews who want to spoil other people's fun.

Look, I do think it's sexist and disrespectful for Robin Thicke, T.I. and Pharrell to see all women as "bitches."

And it's wrong and ugly to view all their relationships with their girlfriends as "pimpin.'"

But the feminist shrews who made the parody might as well ask water to stop being wet and people to stop breathing oxygen if they expect men to stop finding women hot, or wanting sex with women or acknowledging, depicting and celebrating their physical beauty -- what they call "objectifying."

There's nothing wrong with "objectifying" if the objectifiers respect and appreciate that sex isn't all a person is good for and treat them as such.

Clearly, Thicke, T.I. and Pharrell don't get that, but the parody doesn't nail the valid issues.

And I think there are a lot of feminist shrews who expect all women to behave the same and want the same things. They disrespect and look down on women who don't manage their own law firms and blame it all on men.

Being bimbos or housewives are cardinal sins instead of perfectly valid alternatives.

It's too bad these haters can't respect potentially harmless differences, even if they're not as amazing as being a lawyer or doctor or president.

Clearly such alleged feminists are chauvinists, too.

by Anonymousreply 3709/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!