Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING BAD: Season 5, Episode 12 - "RABID DOG"

An unusual strategy starts to bear fruit, while plans are set in motion that could change everything.

At the start of the episode we’ll see what Jesse does to the White family home. Walt may be able to get back in time to talk him down from causing chaos. The confrontation should be intense because Walt will be facing an absolutely livid Jesse who’s already fed up with the cook.

by Anonymousreply 11609/05/2013

[quote]Walt may be able to get back in time to talk him down from causing chaos.

That's a shame. Jesse needs to take Walt down.

by Anonymousreply 109/01/2013

I believe VG did intend (he said so in some interview a few years back), from the very start, to make Walt become the epitome of evil. The show was sort asking the question: Can a good man become truly bad? The answer is clearly yes.

The fact he remains likable is due really due to Cranston's performance, and the fact we first met him when he was still "good" and when he thought he was doing something sacrificial and noble for the sake of his family.

by Anonymousreply 209/01/2013

BB trivia tid bit: Bill Murray was offered the part of Saul and turned it down.

by Anonymousreply 309/01/2013

Bill Murray as Saul....reminds me of his role as the slimey strip mall attorney in WILD THNGS.

by Anonymousreply 409/01/2013

I love Bob Odenkirk, but Bill Murray would have been amazing too.

by Anonymousreply 509/01/2013

What will happen to Skyler?

by Anonymousreply 609/01/2013

Bill Murray would have been amazing, but even if he agreed to the guest spot, he wouldn't have signed on to a supporting role.

Better to have Odenkirk nearly every week than Bill Murray once.

by Anonymousreply 709/01/2013

I like Odenkirk as Saul. Murray would have overshadowed Cranton and the show so it would have been BB with Bill Murray.... so I'm glad they have it to an unknown comic.

by Anonymousreply 809/01/2013

I'm guessing Walt Jr. walks on Jesse and stops him; if it was Walt, he'd kill him and I doubt he has a great impression of Skyler after their dinner in the 1st part of season 5. At the end of the last episode, Hank said he was going for a drive, so perhaps he might just happen by the White house.

I like Bob Odenkirk as Saul. As amoral as he seems, I predict he finally decided he's had enough and plays a role in bringing Walt down. Bill Murray is funny, but you would always associate his performance on BB with some other movie or SNL skit.

by Anonymousreply 909/01/2013

Good god. Matthew Broderick as Walt and Bill Murray as Saul.

Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 1009/01/2013

If you don't have AMC, you should be able to watch tonight's BB episode live online at the link.

I cut my cable a month ago and have been testing out a bunch of different live online streams. None of them have been great (they tend to cut in and out, and the picture quality is not good), but the one at the link that I found today seems to be pretty good (it's a live stream of AMC) -- so far.

Just thought I would pass it along...

by Anonymousreply 1109/01/2013

I don't know why Walt loves Jesse. Saul wants him dead, now Skyler says what's one more?

I can't help but wonder if Jesse is actually Walt's kid that no one knows about except for Walt.

BTW I FUCKING love Skyler in this episode.

Junior is also looking super hot!

by Anonymousreply 1209/01/2013

Not to change the subject, but that Infiniti commercial where the car can automatically brake when it senses something two cars ahead of you even if you can't see it---aren't you pretty much guaranteed to be rear ended unless the guy behind you is driving an Infiniti too?

by Anonymousreply 1309/01/2013

I loved Skyler & Jr. in this episode too, but it seems almost assured that they will end up dead now...Between Jr.'s compassion for his dad & Skyler's turn as Lady Macbeth, it seems almost assured that they both are toast.

Good episode, but I was frustrated by Hank. After the shooting episode, he seemed to have learned his lesson about being such a jerk, but he's completely unconcerned if Jesse gets killed and just thinks of him of such "junkie." Like Walt, he just sees him as someone to be used. At least Gomez's involvement might bring some sanity to the whole thing.

I thought it was interesting that crazy Marie treated Jesse at her house with some decency while Skyler (in season 5) treated Jesse like some piece of dog shit that showed up at her kitchen table.

by Anonymousreply 1409/01/2013

[quote]Like Walt, he just sees him as someone to be used.

I disagree. Hank doesn't give a shit about Jesse, true. But Walt is genuinely fond of him. Or so it seems from the last few episodes.

And yeah, Walt Jr. is gonna eat it before its all over. What other story function could he possibly serve?

by Anonymousreply 1509/01/2013

What does Marie do for a living ?

by Anonymousreply 1609/01/2013

[quote]What does Marie do for a living ?

She works for Welch's and on weekends, she dresses up as Grimace and entertains at kids' birthday parties.

by Anonymousreply 1709/01/2013

Marie works as a radiologist.

by Anonymousreply 1809/01/2013

At the end of the episode, Jesse refuses to carry out the plan to talk to Walt on a wire. Instead, he says (don't remember the exact language, but it's something like) he has a better idea to bring down Walt -- he'll get Walt "where he lives." What do people think he means by this?

In the plaza scene, we see another bald man who looks vaguely like Walt greeting a little girl (his daughter, apparently). So maybe the suggestion is that Jesse wants to go after Walt's family. And yet, Jesse has always behaved very tenderly towards children so I doubt he'd go after Walt's kids. Does he want to go after Skyler, maybe? If so, what kind of "revenge" is he talking about? If he's contemplating anything violent Hank of course would never go along with it.

But maybe Jesse has something else in mind altogether.

by Anonymousreply 1909/01/2013

Marie is a rad tech, not a radiologist. Radiologists are actual medical doctors.

by Anonymousreply 2009/01/2013

"What, you think Walt is gay for me?"

Hmmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 2109/01/2013

Again what is it with the purple?

by Anonymousreply 2209/01/2013

Jesse said he would go after Walt where he REALLY lives. I think this means he's going to separate Walt from his pile of cash.

by Anonymousreply 2309/02/2013

I don't think Jesse cares about the cash (he threw his $5 million dollars away) nor does he have any idea where Walt keeps his cash.

Jesse knows that family means a lot to Walt so he's going after Skylar and the kids. I get the feeling Walt Jr. May get killed even though Jesse has a soft spot for kids.

by Anonymousreply 2409/02/2013

R24

I would never buy Jesse harming the kids or even Skyler.

by Anonymousreply 2509/02/2013

We will have to wait and see. Another possibility is to hurt Walt's pride...He has been very proud about the quality of his meth. Yesterday, Jesse mentioned that he is as good as him. The idea of a teacher was mentioned several times.....

by Anonymousreply 2609/02/2013

Walt Jr. isn't a kid, he's nearly an adult and only a few years younger than Jesse himself.

But I don't see Jesse harming Jr or Holly or Skylar, he's too good a person.

I think he's going to do something to bring Walt down publicly.

The main thing Walt cares about is his damn ego.

The only reason he shot Mike is because Mike insulted him, insisting Walt "should've known his place" which was low down on the totem pole.

And the reason Walt kept cooking in the first half of season 5 is because of ego; he had the best product, and that meant more to him than walking away (initially).

by Anonymousreply 2709/02/2013

The purple rug in Marie and Hank's house is back.

by Anonymousreply 2809/02/2013

I think R23 has a good point; separate Walt from his money is really hitting him where he lives. That would mean taking the money from Saul's safe.

I agree that Jesse would never hurt the kids or Skyler and Walt and Gomez wouldn't let him.

by Anonymousreply 2909/02/2013

But the money is buried (lottery number coordinates). Saul's safe would not hurt Walt at all.

by Anonymousreply 3009/02/2013

Skylar has turned just as bad as Walt and she is just as good as dead meat. It is just a question as HOW. Will Walt do the deed?

by Anonymousreply 3109/02/2013

Skylar is certainly growing horns as time goes by.

by Anonymousreply 3209/02/2013

Maybe this is where the Heisenberg graffiti comes in.

Walt was really pissed that Saul brought up the Old Yeller thing about his boy Jess. He doesn't want to hear that again!

by Anonymousreply 3309/02/2013

Based on last night's episode:

- Bringing in Todd to take care of Jesse will Walt's undoing; Todd & his nazi family will want to cook meth in his house since it's currently uninhabitable due to gas damage. They will consider Walt "owing" them due to the prison murders and will force him to help establish a new lab and help dimwitted Todd. Somehow Lydia will get involved in all this, though it's not clear how

- After tonight's episode, I am convinced that Jr. & Skyler will most definitely die, quite possibly in a brutal way. Skyler will die because of her collaboration with Walt & Jr. will die since he's obviously being set up as some kind of sacrificial lamb.

- Saul will play a role in Walt's undoing. Did you notice the CD in Saul's car that both Walt & Jesse pick up? I'm not sure what it is, but you have to think Saul's got an out for himself when things inevitably go bad

- They didn't really explain how Steve Gomez got involved, but I think he will help save Hank from himself. Hank clearly is so obsessed with getting Walt (and who can blame him after that confession tape) that he will run over anyone and anything to get him, especially Jesse

by Anonymousreply 3409/02/2013

R34, the CD in Saul's car was being used by Jesse to snort coke or meth off of. Those were the stimulants that Hank gave him sleeping pills to come down from. But, otherwise, those are interesting theories.

by Anonymousreply 3509/02/2013

Am I the only one who thought this was a pretty lame episode? By BB standards, anyway?

Very by-the-numbers plotting. And everyone's actions felt a shade out of character. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it felt two-dimensional and convenient.

I can only hope that now that they've moved all the chess pieces into their new places, it'll lead to something more satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 3609/02/2013

[R-36] I have to agree with you. It sure paled compared to last week's show. The only high point was watching Skylar's horns grow.

by Anonymousreply 3709/02/2013

I hope Jesse gets to go in to the Witness Protection program.

I just want him safe in the end.

Walt and Skyler can blow for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 3809/02/2013

That will be truly awful if they kill Walter jr. Skylar not so much. I hope the worst thing that happens to Junior is he will see what a horrible man his father is with his own eyes...

by Anonymousreply 3909/02/2013

R36, I would agree that it wasn't the best episode, but I think it serves solely as a means to put all the pieces in place.

Plus, I don't get the "Walt really cares about Jesse" thing. Walt said before that Jesse is someone he can control & for all his Heisenberg bravado, Walt seems to be a guy that can't be left alone and needs a Jess or Skyler to take care of him.

by Anonymousreply 4009/02/2013

Am I the only one anxious for this series to mercifully end already?

I've loved it, I really have... but I'm not buying Jesse's total mental breakdown. He was a street smart meth dealer, he got Walt into it all. While I could easily buy-in to his more gradual change of heart and soul searching, it all seems forced to me.

And Hank's sudden hellbent determination to expose him, without there seeming to be any time for real reflection or absorbing what's been revealed to him...

And WTF? When the 'Gomie' suddenly get in on it?!? Hank coming clean to his friend and partner would have been a major point and we saw none of that. Gomie just appeared at his house.

I'll be hammered by the rabid "It's BRILLIANT" fangurls, but there's room here to be critical of the flaws being exposed in these last few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 4109/02/2013

agree r41.

by Anonymousreply 4209/02/2013

I love the show R42, but it's getting into absurd territory in trying to cram so much in.

I think that's their own greed showing. Remember, this was supposed to end last year, but the network's greed stretched it out. You get the impression they're trapped between running out of ideas and throwing everything they could at it to stretch it to several episodes. It doesn't feel as paced and organic as it always has.

Nothing "brilliant" about these episodes really and I have a feeling it's all going to end in a hail of gunfire, turning into a cliche gangster movie in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 4309/02/2013

I did get a kick out of Marie talking to her therapist.

by Anonymousreply 4409/02/2013

I also agree with your R36. This was episode was fine, but considering there are like only four episodes left PERIOD my expectations for each one are higher and last night's didn't quite deliver.

I am not sure how I feel about Skylar's descent, I am perfectly fine with her going there but part of me feels as if it has come to sudden and there hasn't been enough build up. But thinking it over maybe there was.

I loved Hank being dismissive of Jessie. I feel as if too many people a) forget that Hank is very much a bit of a douche b) Put Jessie on some weird pedestal.

One thing I like about Breaking Bad is every character is three dimensional and flawed in their way.

I don't think any of the main characters (Hank, Marie, Jessie, Walt, Skylar or even Walk Jr) are going to have a happy ending. I think that is the point of the show, to show the repurcussions of getting this deep into such a dangerous game and how it can affect everyone around you.

The only person to likely walk away from it is Saul. Similar to the Wire with Levy's character he will show these dirty lawyers are the only people who manage to keep going around in this game.

But we will see. I can't wait to see what conclusion Vince Gilligan has in mind.

by Anonymousreply 4509/02/2013

[quote] Matthew Broderick as Walt

Actually I think that would have worked out. I can see him doing the whole 'simmering-rage-beneath-a-wholesome-smile' thing.

Cranston has been brilliant, but I think Matthew Broderick might have been every bit as good or better.

by Anonymousreply 4609/02/2013

These last episodes have felt rushed and a bit "off" as someone put it so I have only enjoyed them knowing that they bring conclusion. I just wish they were doing a better job of it, I understand they have a limited amount of time but that is really no excuse. I think they have run dry on ideas as well.

I will be all right seeing Walt get his if Hank the fucking asshole gets his as well. I never liked Hank. Hank feels entitled to this bust not only because Walt was right under his nose the whole time but because HIS ego demands it. Hank's ego is just as huge as Walt's but at least it can be said that Walt has proven himself to be able to rise to whatever challenge he met and Hank who always walked around like he had the biggest dick usually crumbled under pressure. They both should go down and Jesse should get to walk away.

Interesting that Skylar who tried as long as she could to hold her family together and oppose Walt all she could for as long as she could gets so many votes for death. That woman deserves to walk away just as much as Jesse does. Walt fucked both of them and destroyed both of their lives for his own ends. Having said that, I think there is a strong possibility she ends up dead, but I hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 4709/02/2013

Nobody has to die, can't we just have a happy ending?

by Anonymousreply 4809/02/2013

[quote]The only person to likely walk away from it is Saul. Similar to the Wire with Levy's character he will show these dirty lawyers are the only people who manage to keep going around in this game.

They're talking about a spinoff show with Saul, so I think that's a given.

by Anonymousreply 4909/02/2013

Or the spinoff could be a red herring and Saul's going to die.

by Anonymousreply 5009/02/2013

I heard that Jesse hangs himself in the second to last episode.

by Anonymousreply 5109/02/2013

[quote]I don't think Jesse cares about the cash (he threw his $5 million dollars away) nor does he have any idea where Walt keeps his cash.

I'm not saying Jesse wants it. He just wants to make sure Walt can't have it. Not sure how, but what else could Jesse mean by 'where you really live" as an alternative to Walt's family's home?

by Anonymousreply 5209/02/2013

Mitte said he was 14 when the series began and it's only been 18 months in series time. I don't think Walt Jr. should be seen as an adult just because RJ grew up.

by Anonymousreply 5309/02/2013

Can we PLEASE slay the "THE WIRE" troll?

Seriously, get your own fucking thread please.

by Anonymousreply 5409/02/2013

I think where Walt really lives is his ego. Remember early on, when Hank and his wife (can't remember her name) were over for dinner and Hank was talking about catching Heisenberg - Gale? Walt was drinking and said just enough to plant the seed with Hank that maybe Gale isn't the big fish. Walt only did that because dead Gale was getting credit Walt knew he deserved.

by Anonymousreply 5509/02/2013

In addition to Jr. growing up, have you noticed Aaron Paul's receding hairline? You notice it more with the shaved head. Plus, AP is a bit heavier than previous seasons and is looking his age.

by Anonymousreply 5609/02/2013

[quote]Plus, I don't get the "Walt really cares about Jesse" thing. Walt said before that Jesse is someone he can control & for all his Heisenberg bravado, Walt seems to be a guy that can't be left alone and needs a Jess or Skyler to take care of him.

I think Walt does care for Jesse even while using him. Maybe Jesse represents the last shreds of Walt's conscience.

Let's not forget the state Walt is shown to be in in the flashforwards. If Jesse does hit Walt "where he lives," that state is the result of it.

Providing evidence to the DEA would destroy Walt's reputation and make it impossible for Walt to get to his money. He and Skyler would either be arrested or under constant surveillance, and the money would be subject to seizure by the Feds. Obviously, Walt somehow escapes for some period of time, but he is notorious and wanted.

Now--What evidence (other than his testimony) could Jesse provide to the DEA? The body of the kid on the bike in the desert.

by Anonymousreply 5709/02/2013

The changes in AP's appearance fit the character's situation.

by Anonymousreply 5809/02/2013

Didn't they put the body of the kid in the vat of acid? Or, was that just the bike?

by Anonymousreply 5909/02/2013

Exposing Walt as a criminal and a murderer to Walt Jr. would get Walt "where he lives" -- because it would destroy the love and trust his son has for him. And at this point, Walt Jr. is the person left in the world who still loves Walt.

by Anonymousreply 6009/02/2013

R57, I have a feeling that the series will end with no one accessing the money in the desert, which will be left to rot underground.

by Anonymousreply 6109/02/2013

Well, that was a very overwrought episode.

by Anonymousreply 6209/02/2013

I think that Walt and Jesse are like a married couple. Obviously, Walt cares for Jesse, because he saved his life quite a few times.

I don't want either of these characters to die, because it would be too depressing. I think the show will have a happy or uplifting finale.

by Anonymousreply 6309/02/2013

I agree, R61; all that struggle and killing for the money, and Walt & his family will never spend a dime of it (probably because they are almost all dead).

by Anonymousreply 6409/02/2013

interesting idea about Matthew Broderick as Walt...He played a very, very similar character in ELECTION. Worth seeing for anyone who hasn't (it made Reese Witherspoon a star and Alexander Payne an A list filmmaker)

by Anonymousreply 6509/02/2013

I really wish they'd wrap it up. I'm tired of seeing Aaron Paul as a depressed, crying, raging overactor.

by Anonymousreply 6609/02/2013

I suspect blood will run in the streets and it will not be Hank's or Marie's. Somehow I think Walt Jr will be paying the price of his parents' sins.

by Anonymousreply 6709/02/2013

Jesse should've just gone to Alaska. I'm over his character this season too. I understand why he's depressed and angry, but he sucks the energy out of every scene he's in. And I don't think he's all that to look at, either.

by Anonymousreply 6809/02/2013

[quote] I think the show will have a happy or uplifting finale

No one who has watched more than an episode of this show could possibly think that.

[quote]I think Walt does care for Jesse even while using him

Of course he does, it's been proven over and over. People are complicated.

[quote]I like Bob Odenkirk as Saul. As amoral as he seems, I predict he finally decided he's had enough and plays a role in bringing Walt down

I don't think so, not in any direct or traceable way. Even then, it would only be if Walt posed a clear threat. Saul is not susceptible to a moral crisis.

[quote]I'm not buying Jesse's total mental breakdown. He was a street smart meth dealer, he got Walt into it all

Walt got Walt into it all. He semi-blackmailed Jesse to become his partner, and Jesse has always been shown to be far less of the tough guy than he pretended to be. The violence he has committed has always haunted him. Killing Gale was the beginning of his downfall.

[quote] I have a feeling it's all going to end in a hail of gunfire, turning into a cliche gangster movie in the finale.

With international drug cartels, neo-Nazis, the DEA, and Walt with his automatic rifle, I'll expect at least one shootout before the closing credits.

by Anonymousreply 6909/02/2013

I always suspected Jesse didn't kill Gale that it was a freak accident. Jesse fired the gun but it bounced off of something....

by Anonymousreply 7009/02/2013

What, R70?

by Anonymousreply 7109/03/2013

r19 - I thought when Jesse spotted that guy, he thought it was someone that Walt hired to hit him and that's what made him back out of the meeting. He was already really jittery about it. Or maybe not.

I agree with r41 that the characterization has been a bit off-kilter this season. Both Hank and Marie's reactions don't seem quite right. I can't believe that Marie would have one slappy confrontation with her sister and then write her off, which she did even before Walt's "confession" video.

I hope that session with Marie's counselor wasn't foreshadowing that she will be the one who takes Walt out.

I agree with r60 that that's what would really hurt Walt, but does Jesse really know much about Walt & Jr's relationship?

by Anonymousreply 7209/03/2013

[quote]...but does Jesse really know much about Walt & Jr's relationship?

Recall that Jesse was jealous of Walt's family when he was invited over. Walt has been his surrogate father, so it wouldn't be a stretch for him to harbor some resentment for Walt's kid, even if he's not familiar with Jr. and Walts exact relationship.

by Anonymousreply 7309/03/2013

[quote]Didn't they put the body of the kid in the vat of acid? Or, was that just the bike?

The bike filled up one vat of acid, the kid was put in another.

I don't know what they did with the vats afterwards [are they still at the spraying company? buried in the desert?] but there's no body or bike for the DEA to recover.

DNA from the body-vat, maybe, but probably not.

by Anonymousreply 7409/03/2013

[quote]I'm not buying Jesse's total mental breakdown. He was a street smart meth dealer, he got Walt into it all

[quote]>> Walt got Walt into it all. He semi-blackmailed Jesse to become his partner, and Jesse has always been shown to be far less of the tough guy than he pretended to be. The violence he has committed has always haunted him. Killing Gale was the beginning of his downfall.

Exactly.

Jesse is terribly haunted by killing Gale; even though it was necessary, it was still outright murder of an innocent person.

And it's only been less than a year since Jane died, so Jesse is still haunted by that, too.

And then he had to break up with Andrea, when he loved her and her son Brock, to keep them alive.

Jesse is a sweet kid who made some stupid mistakes (ie, getting into drugs) and his life is now completely fucked up.

If you think that his mental breakdown is illogical or unbelievable, you haven't been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 7509/03/2013

[quote]In the plaza scene, we see another bald man who looks vaguely like Walt greeting a little girl (his daughter, apparently). So maybe the suggestion is that Jesse wants to go after Walt's family.

Umm, nooo, it's got nothing to do with that. Like R72 said, when Jesse spotted that guy, he thought it was someone that Walt hired to kill him and that's what made him back out of the meeting. He was already really jittery about it.

These threads have been a real eye-opener for me, how are Breaking Bad DLers so damn dumb?!?

by Anonymousreply 7609/03/2013

Apparently there's a been a lot of Skyler hate out there among the fans in the past. (Actress Anna Gunn even said that at one point she got some death threats.)

I would think at least one of the main characters is not going to make it out alive by the time the series if over and it would be a popular choice with the viewers to have Skyler on the hit list.

(I go back and forth about her. She's a mama bear looking out for her kids so her behavior has been understandable, but I find myself not always liking her even when she has good reason to be mad at Walt.)

Can't wait to see how all the puzzle pieces are going to work out over these final 4 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 7709/03/2013

[quote] feel as if too many people a) forget that Hank is very much a bit of a douche

I haven't forgotten. I can't stand Hank. As horrible as Walter has become, I still want him to triumph over Hank and Marie and Jesse too if he helps Hank at all. I don't know why Skyler gets all the hate. I think Hank's the one who deserves it. And Marie is a snively bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7809/03/2013

What is the timeline here? Has it been two years since the show started in Breaking Bad land??

by Anonymousreply 7909/03/2013

I believe it has been 18 months. Walt Jr is looking old for a high school student.

by Anonymousreply 8009/03/2013

Destroying Walt's money would be hitting his ego, if he loses the money it was all for nothing and he failed. Jesse would never murder someone's family member to have revenge. Kidnap maybe.

The episode was not as exciting as the first 3, but I thought it was still a great part of the puzzle, showing what circumstances lead to Walt being capable of murdering Jesse, who he probably considered the person closest to him. Walt killing Jesse would mean killing his last shred of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 8109/03/2013

I don't think it's even been 18 months, R80.

In the pilot episode, Walt turns 50 and Skylar makes him some birfday scrambled eggs with fake bacon spelling out [wait, what?] his age.

Only a few eps ago, Walt had his 51st birfday scrambled eggs and bacon.

I can't remember which episode it was, but a flash forward showed Walt [using a fake ID] getting 52nd birfday scrambled eggs and bacon at a small cafe.

by Anonymousreply 8209/03/2013

"Where he lives" is Walt's ego. There seems to be a quality control problem with Albuquerque's meth product and Jesse is the only person besides Walt who could fix that.

by Anonymousreply 8309/03/2013

You think this where Marie gets her purple on?

by Anonymousreply 8409/03/2013

[R-84] Tell me the truth. Do you think that purple rug in Marie's living room worked?

by Anonymousreply 8509/03/2013

I dont see Broderick as being able to play the dark side or make that transition

more importantly, when is jr going to get caught jerking off to gay porn?

by Anonymousreply 8609/03/2013

Purple also denotes florid, steamy prose.

by Anonymousreply 8709/03/2013

Skylar and Walt Jr will die, Holly will go to Marie and Hank. Marie will shoot Walt while he is gunning for someone else.

by Anonymousreply 8809/03/2013

Don't let Walt die, that can't happen! Jesse can't die either. Otherwise, no Breaking Bad Part 2.

I would be very upset if any main characters die!!

by Anonymousreply 8909/03/2013

I still cheer for Walt. Maybe because he reminds me of my dad, a chemical engineer. I don't want Hank and Marie to win.

by Anonymousreply 9009/03/2013

When someone says "i'll go after where you live"= I'm coming after your family/pets. Right DL?

by Anonymousreply 9109/03/2013

[quote] I thought when Jesse spotted that guy, he thought it was someone that Walt hired to hit him and that's what made him back out of the meeting. He was already really jittery about it.

I took it this way also. The big bald guy looked quite menacing, and it seemed to be who scared Jessie away, and then ironically and amusingly he was only there to greet his kid.

by Anonymousreply 9209/03/2013

Ugh R88, I hope that's not how it plays out.

by Anonymousreply 9309/03/2013

I keep going back to the first of these last few episodes. When Walt is seen by the neighbor, she is in total shock. When he says her name, she drops her groceries? Why?

I think that Walt is either presumed dead (he could certainly arrange that somehow), or is a fugitive from the law. As has already been suggested, perhaps even he is in the witness protection program, perhaps having offered up Lydia and her international meth distribution empire.

Also, why did he buy a machine gun? What sort of standoff does that suggest? Does he plan to go down in a blaze of glory somewhere? Perhaps Todd's family has kidnapped Walt Jr and Skylar, and Walt is going to free them?

Also, what was worth the risk of being caught that drove Walt to return to his house? To retrieve that vial of ricin from behind the wall socket plate. What will that be used for? Maybe to lie convincingly to Jesse that he never poisoned the boy? Perhaps Walt will use that doppelganger ricin as a means to win Jesse back, followed by a Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid style shoot out ending?

by Anonymousreply 9409/03/2013

per Betsy Brandt-purple looks good on everyone (or words to that effect_=apparently nothing symbolic intended (although I too think its weird)

by Anonymousreply 9509/03/2013

My guess - Jesse will not survive, but Walt Jr. and Skyler will live. They will flee the state with Walt.

But Walt returns to ABQ in the flash forward to get revenge on Todd & Co., who I think will be successful. For as huge an asshole as Walt had been to Jesse, he loves Jesse like a son. He is the only person that doesn't think he's worthless. Skyler wants him dead and Hank still thinks of him a no-good, expendable junkie.

Jesse will hit Walt where he lives by outing him publicly. Which is why Walt's neighbor was so scared of him and why kids grafitti'd the word "Heisenberg" on the living room wall.

by Anonymousreply 9609/03/2013

Maybe Walt is simply selling arms now to make money.

by Anonymousreply 9709/03/2013

Why doesn't hank just pull the books from the car wash? He's a fucking DEA agent. He figured out Gus Fring was laundering money through the laundry/chicken farm/fast food business. He has to know the car wash is where the money gets laundered and the chemicals are stored.

If he cant do it, he can tell the IRS to do it. If the DEA wants the IRS to look into someone's finances, it gets done pronto.

by Anonymousreply 9809/03/2013

Skylar and Jr were shown in the car wash in the coming attractions. I think someone is going to come in and ask to see the books in front of Jr.

by Anonymousreply 9909/03/2013

[quote][R19] - I thought when Jesse spotted that guy, he thought it was someone that Walt hired to hit him and that's what made him back out of the meeting. He was already really jittery about it. Or maybe not.

Yes. Absolutely. That's what Jesse meant by "Nice try."

by Anonymousreply 10009/03/2013

Jesse must survive.

I'm not saying he and Walt Jr. have to become lovers and live happily ever after in Sante Fe, but he must survive.

by Anonymousreply 10109/03/2013

I will go through major depression if they kill off Jesse or Walt. I love both characters. I am so scared to watch the finale. I think the surprise will have to do with the hidden money.

by Anonymousreply 10209/03/2013

[quote] Perhaps Walt will use that doppelganger ricin as a means to win Jesse back, followed by a Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid style shoot out ending?

Don't say that, these character are too important to die. Seriously, I couldn't take that!

by Anonymousreply 10309/03/2013

[quote]these character are too important to die

Important to what exactly? The story? The story's ending in a month. Their usefulness has an expiration date. Even the hero of a story that has no ending in sight can die.

by Anonymousreply 10409/03/2013

[quote]Also, what was worth the risk of being caught that drove Walt to return to his house? To retrieve that vial of ricin from behind the wall socket plate. What will that be used for? Maybe to lie convincingly to Jesse that he never poisoned the boy? Perhaps Walt will use that doppelganger ricin as a means to win Jesse back

1) Jesse already knows that Brock was poisoned by a lily of the valley plant, not ricin.

2) It's actually not a doppelganger ricin, it's the only ricin capsule Walt made. The capsule in the ciggie that Walt hid in Jesse's Roomba was fake and only contained salt.

3) Who will he use it on? Good question! He almost used it on Lydia in a coffeeshop, until she wrote out the names of the 9 guys for him, so he's willing to use it on her.

I wonder how thin ricin can be spread? Can he poison a whole shitload of people with one bottle of booze, like Gus Fring did with the cartel?

by Anonymousreply 10509/03/2013

[quote] What will that be used for?

Todd

by Anonymousreply 10609/04/2013

[quote]Perhaps Walt will use that doppelganger ricin as a means to win Jesse back

I think they've made it crystal clear that at this point there's no winning Jesse back.

by Anonymousreply 10709/04/2013

[quote]I think they've made it crystal clear that at this point there's no winning Jesse back.

You don't know that, anything can happen!

by Anonymousreply 10809/04/2013

Screw Jesse. I think talking about Marie and her color purple thing is more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 10909/04/2013

Hank and Marie's respective chairs were back on the giant purple rug. They were kind of positioned like, and akin to thrones. He's the king, she's his queen. Everything is a bit like a game of chess now, so maybe we'll end up seeing Marie sacrifice herself to save Hank at some point soon. As per the rules of chess, White always moves first too.

by Anonymousreply 11009/04/2013

When I first saw the bald guy in the plaza, I thought of Mike. It's possible that Jesse did as well. I'm not saying Mike's alive (although that would be totally awesome).

Mike hated Walt so it's not implausible that he had some evidence hidden away somewhere to use against Walt.

I think Jesse first thought of Mike and then after realizing it wasn't him, thought next that the bald guy was working with Walt (but was wrong).

by Anonymousreply 11109/04/2013

Which Breaking Bad character are you?

I'm Badger! Apparently I'm a dumb but relatively harmless slacker.

Take the Test.

Better yet, someone start a thread.

by Anonymousreply 11209/04/2013

[quote] what else could Jesse mean by 'where you really live" as an alternative to Walt's family's home?

Walter’s head

[quote]In the plaza scene, we see another bald man who looks vaguely like Walt greeting a little girl (his daughter, apparently). So maybe the suggestion is that Jesse wants to go after Walt's family.

Jesse never saw the guy greeting his little girl. That was the whole point - that Walter didn’t actually bring anyone to get violent. It was Jesse’s mistaken conclusion (with just cause of course) that the stern bald man who was lurking on the lookout (for his daughter, as it so happened) was after him. The sequence of people the camera focused on (running guy, sweeper, bald guy) reflected Jesse’s paranoia.

The irony of missed chances is that Walt was actually on the up & up, and now he no longer is, because Jesse mouthed off at him over the payphone (the most unrealistic tool and biggest artistic license of the show so far – are there any payphones left after 2010?). Jesse now poses a threat in Walt’s mind (where he lives!).

The guy embracing his daughter was an “ah shit!” moment for me.

[quote]The body of the kid on the bike in the desert.

Anything having to do with that kid (clothes, bike, flesh, and bones) was dissolved in a big vat of acid and flushed away.

[quote]Hank's ego is just as huge as Walt's but at least it can be said that Walt has proven himself to be able to rise to whatever challenge he met and Hank who always walked around like he had the biggest dick usually crumbled under pressure.

Never thought of that. Excellent analysis!

[quote]I'm tired of seeing Aaron Paul as a depressed, crying, raging overactor.

At this point, and especially in this episode, they are ALL overacting - from Aaron Paul (“WHY DOES HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IIIIIIIT!!”) to Gunn’s scenery-chewing Lady Macbeth, from RJ Mitte (who seems to want to force tears everywhere), to Betsy Brandt (her over-accentuated accusatory whispers at the doctor’s office were soap-like and cringe-worthy).

I also agree with r41.

Still, LOVED this show and am glad I’ve stuck with it, even after I moved to Puerto Rico, where it’s only available through non-AMC hit-or-miss internet streaming.

by Anonymousreply 11309/04/2013

I've been somewhat disappointed with the last 4 episodes since Season 5 started up its second half, for many reasons.

I think plot requirements are forcing improbable or awkward character actions (Jesse comes first to mind).

I also dislike the ... I'm not sure how to phrase this. For the past 4 1/2 seasons, Walt was the hero/antihero on a kind of hero's journey, and the world kept opening up to him as he moved in greater and more powerful circles, and as he himself transformed. He kept moving up into vaster realms (from RV to Fring to Madrigal), and now everything is collapsing and new characters aren't being introduced, his world isn't but becoming increasingly narrow and constrained. Its just less interesting to watch, and more intricate soap opera.

Another thing that I didn't' like at all was the return of Walter White to being Walter White in dress and character after quitting the business. I'd expected some kind of synthesis of Walter and Heisenberg's personality (and clothing, speaking style, etc). He seemed to have reset in so many ways. I wanted him to retain the new personality that he'd crafted for himself. The confidence and ruthlessness intact.

by Anonymousreply 11409/04/2013

I'm Jesse, bitch!

see R112

by Anonymousreply 11509/05/2013

[quote]Another thing that I didn't' like at all was the return of Walter White to being Walter White in dress and character after quitting the business. I'd expected some kind of synthesis of Walter and Heisenberg's personality (and clothing, speaking style, etc). He seemed to have reset in so many ways. I wanted him to retain the new personality that he'd crafted for himself. The confidence and ruthlessness intact.

I see what you are saying. In the writers' defense, he's just retired, and it would probably have taken him some time to reach a new equilibrium, then came the return of the cancer.

by Anonymousreply 11609/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.