Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was Angie Dickinson The Whore of Hollywood?

This is the aging actress, not to be confused with the drug addled model with a similar name.

I keep reading that she fucked everyone from the Kennedys down to the boy who used to ride around the neighborhood on his bike delivering the morning paper. How many men has this slut been with?

by Anonymousreply 79September 3, 2013 11:51 PM

Fuck you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1September 1, 2013 6:45 AM

Envious much, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2013 6:50 AM

And once again a woman who apparently was fun and lived her own life is called a whore because perhaps she had sex with numerous people.

Take that elevator ride in "Dressed to Kill," OP. Please.

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2013 7:00 AM

Well, she fucked Doris Day's husband Marty Melcher (then again, who didn't? He was a typical pious, self-righteous jew).

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2013 7:06 AM

Well she never got into MY pants!

by Anonymousreply 5September 1, 2013 7:12 AM

and she never sucked MY cock!

by Anonymousreply 6September 1, 2013 7:18 AM

Dietrich loathed her. Apparently had an Angie Dickinson voodoo made of her after she married Burt Bacharach.

by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2013 7:20 AM

Really OP? Are you drunk?

by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2013 8:46 AM

Some book was written, maybe by Angie herself, where it is recounted that she was forced (?) into many lesbian sex scenes in 3-ways with Burt Bacharach because he demanded it from her.

I also read she gave that little boy who delivered the morning papers gonorrhea.

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2013 8:50 AM

We need a separate post, with photos, of Earl Holliman since he grew up just down the road from me. Was he really a queer? I mean a gay man, of course. I ask because the single remaining park glory hole in the entire state of Louisiana is off a little road in his home town.

by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2013 8:53 AM

Trailer for 'The Chase'

All Star Cast! Written by Lillian Hellman! Prestige dreck, more enjoyable today!

Marlon gorgeous Brando as the sheriff in a town full of mendacity and sexual perversion. Young Robert Redford, misunderstood and on the run as Bubba. The deep fried voice of Jane Fonda playing the whore with the nervous gaze and great hair. Sweet, sexy kitten-faced Angie Dickinson as the strong wife of the only law in town.

Nobody really looked like Angie Dickinson ever. She has secrets. She is gonna keep them. Sphinx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2013 9:43 AM

I believe Angie also devotedly cared for her emotionally ill daughter (who later committed suicide) while Bacharach basically wanted nothing to do with the little girl.

by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2013 9:51 AM

R10, Earl Holliman is gay. I saw him in a western in the mid 1950s on TV when he was much younger. WOW! he was so handsome! He wasn't handsome in the pretty boy or stereotypical Hollywood stud look. He was this out of the box type of good looking man.

I always wondered why the hell Angie Dickinson hasn't written an autobiography with the life she lived. Holy Toledo the stories that woman can tell! She is a very cruel person for keeping silent ,and not saying a word for us Hollywood dirt lovers!! This woman hasn't worked in years.You would think she would write a book because she needed the money. There isn't even a biography on this woman! What is going on?

BTW, I have heard she was a major nympho who is bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2013 10:01 AM

Angie is too classy to spill the beans. She's always been a lady first and foremost.

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2013 12:43 PM

r14 BWWwwwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......................

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2013 12:51 PM

I could tell you stories.

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2013 12:52 PM

She was the Whore of Hollywood... But I was the Slut of Springfield!

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2013 8:01 PM

Heart of gold, vagina of Teflon. A bit loose, but a helluva loyal friend.

by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2013 8:06 PM

You must be new to DL, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 1, 2013 8:07 PM

Her scenes in Dressed to Kill were shocking for a movie star from her generation. I'm sure most of her Old Hollywood friends were appalled that she did that movie.

by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2013 8:13 PM

She's largely remembered for that movie, especially because Police Woman hasn't been syndicated for years.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2013 9:02 PM

She is a great actress. So what if she "paid her dues?" She's far from the only one. Get a life, OP.

by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2013 9:11 PM

OP, I'll answer your question with a question (I think Socrates or Plato or one of those la-de-da ancient Greek guys like to do the same), I'm sure you've heard many times and it, like yours, is rhetorical: Is the pope Catholic? Is he, really, IS HE!!????

by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2013 9:28 PM

[quote]Nobody really looked like Angie Dickinson ever

I was watching Ocean's 11 last week and thought she looked really gorgeous in her scenes.

by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2013 9:37 PM

I remember her telling Merv Griffin that we needed to flush our toilets less to save water. She told Merv her rule of thumb: "If it's brown, flush it down. If it's yellow, let it mellow."

Merv thought she was nuts.

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2013 9:48 PM

It was all that male cum clogging up her system r25.

by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2013 9:55 PM

Angie is a classy woman. Never kissed and told. It was said Sinatra had the utmost respect for her. You won't find one person in Hollywood who dislikes her. She is very well loved.

R20 That was a body double in Dressed to Kill.

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2013 10:04 PM

I think its widely understood that she did not do the nude scenes in Dressed to Kill - it was was a body double.

She she is terrrific though in Rio Bravo with Wayne, and in The Sins of Rachel Cade, with Peter Finch and a young pretty Roger Moore, in Africa. Angie was hot then.

I love her slinky villainess in Rome Adventure, as Troy Donahue's old girlfriend, coming between him and Suzanne Pleshette.

Angie was quite a gal - pals and more with Sinatra and his pack, the Kennedys, and Burt Bacharach - no wonder Marlene hated her.

by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2013 10:05 PM

Wait! She wasn't a virgin? She told me I was her first.

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2013 10:11 PM

Are she and Burt still married? Whether or not, she must still rake in a lot of his royalties.

She doesn't need to write a book to make money.

by Anonymousreply 30September 1, 2013 10:13 PM

I thought she was hot on Police Woman, but in the 60s she was HOT:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2013 10:14 PM

[quote] Are she and Burt still married?

No, they divorced in 1980.

by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2013 10:19 PM

R 31 Thanks for that. Gave me a great laugh

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2013 10:24 PM

I remember in the '70's , she was in ads for the 'California avocado' . Wore a white, see through dress, while holding up a piece on a fork. Even had a billboard on Sunset.

by Anonymousreply 34September 1, 2013 10:27 PM

[quote]Are she and Burt still married? Whether or not, she must still rake in a lot of his royalties.

They've been divorced forever and he remarried more than once. Why would she be raking in his royalties?

by Anonymousreply 35September 1, 2013 10:32 PM

See this great Vanity Fair piece on Angie.

It answers most of your questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 1, 2013 10:33 PM

As long as she hasn't remarried, she'd be entitled to the original divorce settlement....no?

by Anonymousreply 37September 1, 2013 10:33 PM

I can't imagine a 30 year old divorce settlement is going to guarantee that she gets his royalties today.

by Anonymousreply 38September 1, 2013 10:40 PM

Brian DePalma used a body double for the closeups of her breasts and vagina in the shower scene, but it does show her standing nude in the shower in the long shot. You see her full body profile with her arms hiding her breasts. The body double used for the closeups is way too young and supple. It's laughable.

There's also a shot of her full nude backside as she's getting out of bed after her museum sex fling.

by Anonymousreply 39September 1, 2013 10:49 PM

I could tell you some stories...

by Anonymousreply 40September 1, 2013 10:51 PM

Young Earl Holliman co-starring with Andrew Prine in 1962's "Wide Country". Andrew is best known for his nude Viva pictorial in the 70s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 1, 2013 10:55 PM

Angie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 1, 2013 10:57 PM

Earl Holliman practicing his power bottoming skills from the same show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 1, 2013 11:01 PM

Great Vanity Fair article, but sadly, with no comments on Dietrich or Holliman.

by Anonymousreply 44September 1, 2013 11:08 PM

Dickinson did sign a contract to write her autobiography, but had second thoughts and canceled the project.

She definitely has stories to tell, but for now, she is not going to tell them

by Anonymousreply 45September 1, 2013 11:25 PM

In the long thread linked above, there's a story about how someone (can't remember who) arranged for her to appear as a guest on "This is Your Life." They'd brought family members, friends, etc. in from Wyoming (I think it was). She wasn't informed ahead of time and was appalled at the show. She wouldn't go on so it had to be scrapped. She was so private and possibly fearful about something coming out. No surprise she hasn't written an autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 46September 1, 2013 11:33 PM

I met up with her several times. She's beautiful but not too bright.

by Anonymousreply 47September 2, 2013 12:00 AM

This Is Your Life was a hugely popular series in the 1950s which would weekly surprise celebrities with a tribute by their relatives, friends and professional colleagues who would lovingly praise and recall the subject.

But the VF article refers to an episode around 2001. Did the show return and I missed it?

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2013 12:02 AM

There have been periodic revivals of "This is Your Life." Attaching a link, although I'm disconcerted to the point of obsession with the furrows between Andrew Prine's eyebrows. They're deeper than the cleft in Holliman's chin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2013 12:14 AM

Oh, please. Everyone knows "The Whore of Hollywood" was that gutter cum slut, Nancy Davis.

by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2013 12:20 AM

That's Miss Angie Dickinson.

by Anonymousreply 51September 2, 2013 12:22 AM

That's FIRST LADY and gutter cum slut.

by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2013 12:55 AM

"Gutter cum slut" will do just fine when referring to Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 53September 2, 2013 1:45 AM

Angie's kept her mouth shut all these years, not like the bimbos and himbos today.

She was more fun to watch on Carson than she was in that tv show.

by Anonymousreply 54September 2, 2013 2:31 AM

She told everyone she was in the nude shots and got upset when it was revealed there was a body double. She said it shouldn't have been revealed because Hollywood is about dreams and magic or whatnot and people should have thought it was her.

Rumors that Frank Sinatra basically was her pimp to his well-heeled friends, including the Kennedys and members of the mafia.

by Anonymousreply 55September 2, 2013 3:47 AM

I think it was Dean Martin who said she was the best sex he'd ever had.

[quote]I believe Angie also devotedly cared for her emotionally ill daughter (who later committed suicide) while Bacharach basically wanted nothing to do with the little girl.

Their daughter was what we'd today call "mentally challenged" or possibly autistic.

Angie, Burt and their daughter lived in the same neighborhood as family friends of mine in Aspen in the early 70s. Their young daughters used to play with the girl, she was a few years older then them but still played with dolls like they did so it was as if they were the same age. They remember her as very sweet and Angie as a very sweet and devoted mother.

by Anonymousreply 56September 2, 2013 3:56 AM

[quote] Their daughter was what we'd today call "mentally challenged" or possibly autistic.

Nikki was diagnosed with Asperger's. According to the Vanity Fair article posted above:

Nikki Bacharach, who was 40 when she died, had Asperger’s syndrome, a neurobiological disorder first described in 1944 by a Viennese doctor, Hans Asperger, but not widely recognized until the mid-1990s. It’s characterized by normal and sometimes extremely high I.Q., deficiencies in social skills (stemming from the inability to read nonverbal cues), extreme literal-mindedness, difficulty handling changes in routine, and a tendency to become obsessed with things. Another feature is extreme sensitivity to noise, which especially plagued Nikki, who was tormented by the sounds of the omnipresent helicopters flying over Los Angeles. “We have so many disgusting sounds,” Nikki would complain, asking that the air-conditioning be turned off because she found it too noisy. “It’s horrible and I dread every single day, except Sunday.” “She just went crazy with it,” Dickinson says. “Believe me, we played music, but when the helicopter came over, we jacked up the Pavarotti.” Dickinson even thought about selling her beautiful home in Coldwater Canyon and finding a quieter spot.

Some experts consider Asperger’s a high-functioning form of autism, and in fact many people with it do manage careers and families of their own, but Nikki was also hobbled by diminishing eyesight, a result of her premature birth. The greatest trial of her life, Nikki firmly believed, was her hospitalization when she was 14, when her Asperger’s syndrome had not yet been identified. Hospitalization is not a prescribed treatment for the disorder, and Nikki held her father responsible for her 10 years of incarceration. “I don’t want to be unkind to Burt,” Dickinson says, “because I’m very respectful of him, as a person and an artist, as a former husband and as a father to Nikki, but he had no real connection with her. She was too difficult for him, but it was his loss. He put her in a hospital, and it was the worst thing you can do. He had the wrong goal in mind: he thought that she was just a difficult child, and I was just a terrible mother, indulging her. He didn’t know there was actually a syndrome. He thought, Just get her away from Angie’s indulgence and she’ll shape up. But, of course, the doctors didn’t have a clue. He does regret it,” she adds wistfully, “and he has said, ‘I’m terribly sorry. Had I known, I never would have done that.’ Nevertheless, it destroyed her.”

by Anonymousreply 57September 2, 2013 4:03 AM

I find it hard to believe that Angie would let Sinatra pimp out her sick daughter, that would make her worse than Burt.

by Anonymousreply 58September 2, 2013 4:14 AM

The post at R37 is heartbreaking and very believable.

by Anonymousreply 59September 2, 2013 5:45 AM

I don't know about being THE whore of Hollywood but was certainly A whore; she wasn't and isn't the only one, male or female. My first thoughts fly to Joan Crawford as one other example among many.

by Anonymousreply 60September 2, 2013 6:06 AM

The sad story of her daughter. Sounds like she was completely devoted to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 2, 2013 6:40 AM

Aging? She is 81 years old...I think the word is "aged".

by Anonymousreply 62September 2, 2013 7:04 AM

R58, you misread. R55 wrote, "Rumors that Frank Sinatra basically was her pimp to his well-heeled friends, including the Kennedys and members of the mafia." Sinatra allegedly pimped Angie. Not her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 63September 2, 2013 10:51 AM

r39 is absolutely right.

And just for the record: I was Angie Dickinson's body double in "Dressed to Kill".

by Anonymousreply 64September 2, 2013 12:03 PM

Brian De Palma originally wanted Liv Ullmann to play Angie's role in Dressed to Kill, but she declined.

De Palma originally wanted to direct the gay leather thriller "Cruising" but couldn't obtain the rights to the book, so he directed Dressed to Kill instead. You'll notice that Dressed to Kill and Cruising pretty much have the same storyline.

BTW, Cruising is airing on IFC soon. You really should check it out. It's a very underrated movie, IMO. The leather bar scenes are shocking even in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 65September 2, 2013 3:54 PM

Everyone loves Angie, in Hollywood. She' a true broad, in the best sense. Kind, funny, bawdy, knows everyone, all the stories, and where the bodies are buried. She was an incredible mother to her daughter, especially since Bacharach exited the scene early on, lacking the empathetic skills to cope with a child , with that problem - so Angie pretty much raised her as a single parent, without complaint. When her sister got Alzheimers, Angie took care of her too, until her death. You can 'whore' her out, all you want, but there is so much more to Angie, than the fact she slept with the President, Sinatra, and lots of other big names. She will never spill the gossipy truth, because she's old school ( take note Kardashians, Paris, all you REAL whores), and much like the old adage, a true gentleman never kisses & tells, Angie is a true lady, and will not do so either.

by Anonymousreply 66September 2, 2013 9:48 PM

Her daughter's story is heartbreaking, more so because of her father's callousness. I know commitment laws were far different in '70s, but wasn't the mother's opinion considered at all? She seemed more than willing to have taken care of her daughter the 10 years she was committed.

by Anonymousreply 67September 3, 2013 1:03 AM

Women in the business are as admiring of Angie Dickenson as the men. They know that she won't reveal a confidence. Many Hollywood wives can forgive an indiscretion if it doesn't become public. And they know that Angie reveals nothing.

by Anonymousreply 68September 3, 2013 1:12 AM

It sounds from the VF article that by the time the daughter was an adolescent, Angie was so busy with Police Woman and never home except late evenings and Sundays and she needed help that Burt wasn't able or willing to give.

This was the biggest contributing factor to the breakup of their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 69September 3, 2013 1:29 AM

But I am still the Whore of Babylon.

by Anonymousreply 70September 3, 2013 1:31 AM

No dear--The Whore of Babylon is Joseph Straczynski.

by Anonymousreply 71September 3, 2013 1:34 AM

R67, if you read the story at R61, it says Angie did question Burt's decision to commit their daughter, but he convinced her that the girl's problems were as a RESULT of, or at least made worse by, Angie's doting and constant attention. In those years it was popular to blame mental illness on bad parenting. Angie was probably told many times over, by psychiatrists as well, that for her daughter to get well she needed to break their tight bond and push her out of the nest.

by Anonymousreply 72September 3, 2013 1:39 AM

I didn't read it that way at all R69. She said she took Police Woman because it gave her more time at home and a regular schedule. Lots of actors with young children do the same. They often make the switch to TV series instead of movies because they can work sane hours and not have to travel.

by Anonymousreply 73September 3, 2013 1:42 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 74September 3, 2013 1:43 AM

What's great about Angie, is she takes everything in stride. If you called her 'the whore of Hollywood' , to her face , she'd probably laugh and say " Oh honey, you know it - but I sure had fun !"

by Anonymousreply 75September 3, 2013 8:00 PM

Was she in "Hollywood Wives"?

by Anonymousreply 76September 3, 2013 8:28 PM

After their success with Kim Novak as the star of a season-long arc, the producers of Falcon Crest went after Angie Dickinson with a vengeance to join the succeeding season as the long-lost daughter of Jane Wyman's character that was believed to have died in childbirth. Dickinson rejected every offer; the story was rewritten to make David Selby's already existing character the long-thought dead child instead.

Dickinson also turned down an offer by Aaron Spelling to play Sable Colby on The Colbys.

by Anonymousreply 77September 3, 2013 8:43 PM

Nikki suffered from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome - just look at her facial features. Can't blame AD for characterizing it as Asperger's.

I like Angie - she is well loved in Hollywood by men and women alike.

There's a youtube offering of her on Piers Morgan Tonight with Stef Powers and somebody else. Interesting interview.

by Anonymousreply 78September 3, 2013 10:17 PM

Wow, never thought of that, R78, but you're right, the girl does have that look about her.

by Anonymousreply 79September 3, 2013 11:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!