Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matt Bomer vs. Henry Cavill vs. Ian Somerhalder?

Who is the hottest actor between Matt Bomer, Henry Cavill, and Ian Somerhalder that would play the best Christian Grey in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie?

And if you had the chance who would you one night with?

by Anonymousreply 2309/09/2013

Isn't this '50 Shades' movie considered bottom of the barrel?

by Anonymousreply 108/30/2013

50 Shade Of Grey is one of the most talked about castings in Hollywood and pop culture. Everyone wants to know who will play Christian Grey. Whichever actor chosen will instantly be A-list and sought after from all the fangirls and fanguys.

by Anonymousreply 208/30/2013

Oh please, R2. It's still considered cheesy, Danielle Steele-esque crap.

Cavill is out because he has enough on his plate. I wouldn't advise him to do it anyway. His star is already on the rise.

by Anonymousreply 308/30/2013

And Bomer is out because he's, well, out.

I'll also eat my hat if Somerhalder gets it. My impression is that he's been campaigning for the role; I doubt the producers want someone who is openly desperate for it.

by Anonymousreply 408/30/2013

Who else in Hollywood has blue eyes that is attractive and can act? And please don't say Channing Tatum or Kellan Lutz they aren't attractive enough in the face for the role and William Levy doesn't speak good enough english for it.

by Anonymousreply 508/30/2013

Not much of a list. Matt Bomer is the only one who would be appealing to me for a one-night-only.

by Anonymousreply 608/30/2013

This should have been a poll.

by Anonymousreply 708/30/2013

There's already a poll about these guys. How many friggin ones do you need?

by Anonymousreply 808/30/2013

It's been talked-about long enough, R2, that few still give a shit. The casting will probably be some sexless mannequin, as the male lead, with a decent enough ass, an attractive waif for the female leave, and a final product which arouses no one.

by Anonymousreply 908/30/2013

I think it comes down to Matt Bomer and Ian Somerhalder. Henry Cavill is already good with his Superman character.

by Anonymousreply 1008/31/2013

Cavill is too big for the role now. Bomer is too TV and too out for the role now. Somerhalder is too TV and not that good looking.

A big movie role always goes to some British actor. So, I'd say, Alex Pettyfer.

by Anonymousreply 1108/31/2013

R11 I just googled Alex Pettyfer in some pictures he looks good and some he doesn't, but he doesn't smolder with sex appeal like Ian Somerhalder, Henry Cavill, or Matt Bomer. If they pick Alex Pettyfer they might as well gone with Zac Efron. At least Zac is more known.

by Anonymousreply 1208/31/2013

R9 they are suppose to be making an announcement sometime next week as to who got the role.

by Anonymousreply 1308/31/2013

I think Somerhalder is pretty, and this role would do the most for his career. His talent is limited though, although for this role it may be sufficient.

Pettyfer is handsome, and R12 is correct: he doesn't look as good in some pics. He has an underlying menace that might work. He has a reputation for being difficult though.

by Anonymousreply 1408/31/2013

Isn't Somerhalder "just" a TV actor? Wouldn't that hurt his chances? Or is the line between TV and movies so blurred now that that distinction is no longer relevant?

Bomer has appeared in a couple movies (or at least one well-known one, "Magic Mike"), so maybe he straddles the line enough that he would be seen as less of a TV guy than Somerhalder. But there is the whole out gay thing, too, so who the hell knows.

by Anonymousreply 1508/31/2013

Ian Somerhalder was cut until he started dying his hair shoe polish black. It looks so unnatural and fairly unappealing. Least of this crowd.

by Anonymousreply 1608/31/2013

None of the above they all come across as kind of swarmy.

by Anonymousreply 1708/31/2013

[quote]swarmy.

Were you going for smarmy?

I haven't read the book, but isn't the character supposed to be smarmy?

BTW, I don't know about the other two, but it seems anyone who has ever met Cavill says he's a genuinely nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 1808/31/2013

Good lord, anyone with any kind of showbiz IQ could tell you that none of those actors will be cast in 50 Shades. Henry Cavill will be filming UNCLE and MoS 2 back to back; and Bomer and Somerhalder are too old, and Bomer is too gay. And there's no such thing as being "too TV" anymore, god, what are you, 50?

They will choose an actor in his twenties (CG is 26) because they need to appeal to young women. It will be someone like Alex Pettyfer or Nicholas Hoult.

by Anonymousreply 1908/31/2013

"Ian Somerhalder was cut"

What does this mean, R16?

by Anonymousreply 2008/31/2013

R19 If what your saying is true, I rather them just choose Zac Efron or Colton Haynes. Alex Pettyfer and Nicolas Hoult look too average facially for the role. I want some nice eye candy for this movie. You do make a good point. Christian Grey is 26. I vote for Zac Efron to play him. That would take Zac's career to new heights!

by Anonymousreply 2108/31/2013

My dream cast would be Jared Padalecki and Amanda Seyfried.

by Anonymousreply 2209/01/2013

Lord, as if he doesn't have enough going for him physically, Miss Cavill's packing.

Watch him attempt to "adjust" @:10

by Anonymousreply 2309/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.