Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A little late, but come to think of it, Paul Ryan was a total washout in last year's campaign, wasn't he?

Did they manage to come up with even one thing he contributed to poor Mitt's efforts ?I mean, even 5 years later, Sarah Palin seems to have more media coverage and popularity!

I guess the "bench" just has no depth. Hooray!

by Anonymousreply 6411/15/2013

He was the weakest veep candidate since Dan Potatoe Quayle

by Anonymousreply 108/29/2013

He needs to go away, he's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 208/29/2013

The election was last year right? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 408/30/2013

Couldn't win his home state, couldn't even win his home DISTRICT!

by Anonymousreply 508/30/2013

Oh please, r3 -

he looked like a schoolboy who had been memorized his lessons and couldn't handle it when the debate went off-script.

And he's now fixed in public minds with Mitt Romney - fixable, but that's one big fuckin' albatross round anyone's neck...

by Anonymousreply 608/30/2013

Oops - don't know where that extra "been" came from...

by Anonymousreply 708/30/2013

But he WAS re elected in the House.

by Anonymousreply 808/30/2013

r3

Do you work for Fox News?

Paul Ryan looks like Eddie Munster's ugly brother.

He is a lying sack of shit. As chairman of the House Budget Committee, he is responsible for writing the budget. He claims that balancing the budget is his number one priority, but he never explains how he is going to balance it.

The teabaggers will ignore the fact that he is a lying sack of shit, but the rest of the country will notice it. Ryan may run for President but he will never win.

by Anonymousreply 908/30/2013

R3, you do realize that no VP candidate on a losing ticket has ever gone on to be President?

Now that can certainly change in the future, but Ryan came off like a somewhat empty suit, and more than a few people have noted that he's not quite the "intellect" that his spinmeisters in the GOP would have you believe.

by Anonymousreply 1108/30/2013

"Until you wake up one morning and we have President Ryan in the White House."

Let me guess. When Palin was chosen you were one of those people crowing about how Sarah Barracuda was going to rip Obama to shreds... when she was actually Sara Albatross around McCain's neck.

by Anonymousreply 1208/30/2013

r3 / r10 -

And his association with Romney? All his opponent has to do is bring that up, and he's toast...

by Anonymousreply 1308/30/2013

The disaster "study" Paul Ryan based his austerity program upon Reinhart-Rogoff - the used a faulty excel spreadsheet. Acknowledging the error, Ryan still pushes for the program just because.

More and more un/underemployed poors are getting old and have time to pay attention. Paul Ryan has promised to kill food stamps, Social Security and SSI - although he benefited personally from the SSI program.

He's also outspoken when it comes to promises of lower corporate taxes. Scapegoats are flowing down the legal pipeline as TARP appeasements.

Finally, he was spanked by perennial goof Uncle Joe on tv in front of a live audience. He's toast on a national level.

Oh, and dumbest move of all? Posing with the dumbbell. David Hasselhoff in a speedo was less cringe-inducing.

Perhaps he can hold on to his seat in Wisconsin - PAC money pours in from out of state. However, similar Midwestern PAC donations have produced very poor returns.

by Anonymousreply 1608/30/2013

Biden, who no one considers an intellectual heavyweight, embarrassed him in their debate and exposed him as a bunch of empty rhetoric. And is sob story upbringing doesn't hold much water when he wants to eliminate the benefits that he enjoyed himself.

by Anonymousreply 1708/30/2013

R3 makes good points. Of course most of us (or all) on this thread think he is nuts and cannot stand him. But he is hardly the political train wreck Palin was at the end of the 2008 election- and he is in office and currently one of the most powerful and influencial Repubs in the Republican held house. This is fact, not opinion.

Cannot abide one single word that comes out of his mouth, but he is not Sarah Palin redux.

by Anonymousreply 1908/30/2013

He wants to dismantle Social Security - which he used to go to the college of his choice. A bit hypocritical, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 2008/30/2013

He collected his benefits after his father died. We know you want to suck his cock, but read some news once in a while. Geeez!

by Anonymousreply 2208/30/2013

[quote]You all want to continue to ignore him - fine. Until you wake up one morning and we have President Ryan in the White House.

A teabagger could never win national election. Keep dreaming. Their power is in destroying and marginalizing their own party. They control pockets of the country, but they can never *legitimately* win the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 2308/30/2013

There’s only three things [Rudy Giulian] mentions in a sentence. A noun, a verb, and 9/11

I wouldn't mind having an uncle who isn't afraid to say this in front of tv cameras.

by Anonymousreply 2408/30/2013

You know the biggest problem with people like R21? Despite being told Ryan's family collected his father's SS, he'll continue to be in denial about Ryan's past.

Teabagger denial in a nutshell (can never post this enough):

by Anonymousreply 2508/30/2013

[quote]As far as the VP debate is concerned - quite a few media outlets called it a draw.

Not any of the outlets that matter. That debate wasn't a draw: Biden spanked him and embarrassed him.

[quote]Budget Plan? First of all Obama's 2012 plan was soundly defeated by his own party in the Senate.

No it wasn't. That was a silly game that Senate Democrats refused to play. It was not a vote on Obama's actual budget plan. Ryan's budget plan is a huge liability against him, given what it cuts and whom it affects.

[quote]With sequester - what difference does a plan make?

Actually, with the sequester, a budget plan is even more critical, as you're allocating fewer resources than before and where to put them matters a great deal.

[quote]To use R11 logic - name one detailed budget plan which someone has run on and then was implemented?

The devil is in the details. Ryan's plan calls for an end to Medicare. That will be used against him.

[quote]Again one thing I said which isn't true - and I'll go one further, one thing I said which isn't a political asset?

See above. Most of what you're written in this thread isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 2608/30/2013

R3, his budget is no longer credible, even with the House. Though they voted to approve it like in March, just a few months later there were no votes to actually implement it. His days as a noted budget wonk, even amongst crazy people, are over.

by Anonymousreply 2708/30/2013

Want to know more about his collecting his father's SS benefits. If family continued to collect them, I assume that was because his mother was still alive. And if he used them to pay for his college education, I assume he was still a dependent of his mother. Yes?

Do you have a link to the news article R22 (I am going to Google it now.)

by Anonymousreply 3008/30/2013

Paul Ryan was terrible during the debates, probably the worse of all time.

by Anonymousreply 3108/30/2013

Paul Ryan looked STUPID in those work-out photos, that's what cost him the election.

by Anonymousreply 3208/30/2013

I'm no fan of Ryan, but he was kept on an extremely short leash by the Romney folks.

by Anonymousreply 3408/30/2013

R26 - You end with:

[quote] Most of what you've written in this thread isn't true.

Yet you failed to actually come up with an example.

About the debate I said quite a few media outlets called it a draw. You claim this isn't true because they were not media outlets that matter. Obviously whatever value you put on a media outlet doesn't change the fact that they may or may not have called it draw. My point remains true.

It may have been politics that caused Obama’s plan to be voted down – but it was none the less. Again my point true.

I don’t think you know what the budget sequester actually is. It is automatic spending cuts. There is no allocating scarce resources by Congress during the sequester. In other words no plan at all. Still hanging in there with true.

I’m not defending Paul Ryan and not even suggesting he would the best choice for Republicans to run. Anyone who dismisses him (like OP who started this) – I think – is playing right into his hands. Ryan wants to be ignored now. He has time.

by Anonymousreply 3608/31/2013

As chairman of the House Budget Committee, all blame for sequestration will fall on his head, R36. He's in deep shit.

by Anonymousreply 3708/31/2013

R38 is correct, Ryan is a disaster, vote this idiot out of office.

by Anonymousreply 3908/31/2013

[quote]such a large amount of gay men

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 4008/31/2013

r36,

2016 is MY time. That loser Ryan is toast.

-signed, Governor Scott Walker

by Anonymousreply 4108/31/2013

Oh look, Paul 'I am an asshole' Ryan posts here!

by Anonymousreply 4308/31/2013

Scott Walker already has been to Iowa. He wants to be the POTUS,period.

Both Ryan and Walker know this and Ryan knows he is holding the losing hand and that Walker has big Mo, thanks to that ill-advised, failed recall effort.

So, Walker, despite being saddled with a face that reminds one of Porky Pig has this going for him:

1. he's a state governor with that winner air about him.

2. he's a tea-party darling

3. he's tougher and smarter than Ryan

I'm not saying that Walker will be the Repug nominee for POTUS. I'm saying that he wants to be, and that alone leaves Ryan in the dust.

by Anonymousreply 4408/31/2013

Wisconsonite here Della. I agree with you. He wants it bad. But, wondering what will happen once he declares...will all the shit about him as county exec. resurface? Shit about his dismal college career? His former GF who had the abortion?

Dang, we need a good candidate for the governor race next year! Paging Russ Feingold?

by Anonymousreply 4508/31/2013

The real truth is Ryan isn't a political disaster nor is he the answer to Republican problems.

1) His policies are too well known for him to be a slam dunk with the elderly.

2) His positions are too well known for independent women to flock to him.

3) As this country gets more diverse, politicians like him are going to seem less and less like the future.

That said, he will appeal to 35% of the country. Republicans will feel safe with him. He doesn't have the charisma or the savvy to make up the rest of the difference.

by Anonymousreply 4608/31/2013

[quote]If moronic voters see nothing wrong with this picture, they deserve Ryan and his ilk.

Did you sleep through the entire eight years prior to Obama? The moron is the person who thinks voters would have the intelligence to not vote for Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 4708/31/2013

r45, I know what you mean about Walker's past as Milwauke Cty Executive, however, that can be overcome by the Repug machine.

That some of his aides were sent to jail because of breaking campaign/election laws has a little more traction but I think if that were to bring Walker down it would have already done so.

The dismal college career is an asset to anti-intellectual right-wing Repugs and they'll forgive the abortion because they hate Democrats so much any flimsy excuse of his will do and they'll forgive him out of the generosity of their Christian hearts.

Besides, the poewers- that -be within the Repug establishment want social issues off the table for 2016.

by Anonymousreply 4808/31/2013

We can spend all day talking about Walker's political record as Milwaukee County Executive. Although we should include in that conversation how unlikely it is that major media outlets will take the time to explain just what the County Executive in Milwaukee does, and why we should care. Walker's basic sound bite is he cut budgets and didn't piss off police or firemen.

Or we can talk about Ryan's love of Ayn Rand which he then kind of back peddled on.

The conversation should be who can get a nomination and who can win.

For example we have an incredibly popular former President - Bill Clinton currently has a 70% approval rating.

Let's look at his record: Great economy - no doubt. My opinion is his major contribution was to get out of the way. Welfare reform - hardly a progressive or liberal favorite. Set health care reform back two decades. Signed and then campaigned on DOMA. Financial deregulation which directly lead to our current financial crisis. Ignored genocide in Rwanda Never could close a deal on the Middle East. Left office trading pardons for favors.

I think it is safe to say no one will care if Walker screwed over the parks in Milwaukee or Ryan collected Social Security benefits.

The question we should be asking about Walker and Ryan is can they get any serious money behind them?

by Anonymousreply 4908/31/2013

Serious money behind Walker?

Yes, r49, if he plays his cards shewdly on that recent federal approval of a new multi-million dollar Indian Tribal gaming facility in Kenosha (Ryan territory!)

by Anonymousreply 5008/31/2013

Walker is a Koch-backed candidate.

by Anonymousreply 5108/31/2013

Paul Ryan's proposals to end Medicare and Social Security as we know it were overlooked by seniors in 2012 because he was running against a black candidate, and most seniors are at least a little bit racist. Ryan's proposals won't be overlooked by seniors in 2016 because he'll be running against a white Democrat. Bill and Hillary will make mincemeat of him if he's the nominee.

If Scott Walker is the nominee, he'll have a hard time attracting blue-collar rust belt voters, which are essential to winning PA, OH, WI, MI. The unions will campaign like hell against him. The Clintons are beloved by white blue-collar voters in the rust belt. Hillary would have a much easier time of winning over this demographic than Obama did, and having Scott Walker as an opponent would make it that much easier.

by Anonymousreply 5208/31/2013

R11, except for the one who was elected to four terms.

by Anonymousreply 5308/31/2013

[quote]Ryan, unfortunately, is very much with us and calling the shots for his party's fiscal policy.

Really? I guess I missed the part where ANY of Paul Ryan's vaunted budget was passed into law! Do you hear actual potent politicians like Rand Paul, or Ted Cruz even mentioning the once important-sounding "Ryan Budget", or Paul Ryan's name at all? No, you do not. It's not like Ryan is "laying low", it's more like he has seen the wisdom of the phrase "When your head's in the toilet, don't blow bubbles!"

by Anonymousreply 5408/31/2013

Heartless asshole who never had a struggle in his life.

by Anonymousreply 5508/31/2013

The Republican Party is all over the place - with lots of media attention on how dysfunctional the party has become.

Even here - people predicting the end of the party.

Whose name isn't in the press? Actually whose name isn't currently in the press and already has national name recognition? Paul Ryan.

Look at what people are writing about him here. It's all old news.

The question is what's his endgame? President? Speaker of The House? Both?

I have no idea how smart Ryan actually might be. But from where I'm sitting he either knows what he is doing, or has the sense enough to hire and listen to some smart advisers.

by Anonymousreply 5609/01/2013

Paul Ryan has NEVER had any sense, and wouldn't know a smart idea, or smart advisor from a dumb one!

[quote]Couldn't win his home state, couldn't even win his home DISTRICT!

Ryan (and Romney) couldn't even win his hometown! If I ever ran for President or VP, and couldn't win my own hometown, I would NOT take it as a sign that higher elected office was in my future!

[quote]Until you wake up one morning and we have President Ryan in the White House.

Oh! It is to laugh!!

by Anonymousreply 5711/10/2013

Do you realize that at the end of the day Paul Ryan walked away from the government shutdown looking like one of the few adults on the Republican side?

by Anonymousreply 5811/10/2013

No, I am entirely unaware of that, as is everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 5911/13/2013

Dark for dark business. Republicans are Mushrooms that only thrive in the dark. Too much about him got out in the media.

by Anonymousreply 6011/13/2013

Which one was he again?

by Anonymousreply 6111/13/2013

He's the guy they sent to Arkansas on the last day of the campaign, because......

by Anonymousreply 6211/15/2013

The Mittster recently said he was a budgeting genius. It doesn't take a genius to cut and slash.

by Anonymousreply 6311/15/2013

I'd suck his dick, but feel bad about it afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 6411/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.