Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matthew McConaughey's new film DALLAS BUYERS CLUB, based on a true story, looks nomination worthy.

Jared Leto & Jennifer Garner are also in the film, but this looks like this will be Matthew's time for a Golden Globe nomination. Just watching the trailer made me verklempt.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2013

Looking forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 108/27/2013

[quote] looks like this will be Matthew's time for a Golden Globe nomination

Here's hoping--such a prestigious award!

by Anonymousreply 208/27/2013

I'd think OP meant Matthew's more likely to be nominated for a Globe vs an Oscar. We all remember the Academy's backlash re Brokeback Mountain.

by Anonymousreply 308/27/2013

I would be very surprised if he wasn't nominated for something. If not this, then for Mud in supporting.

Even if you don't like his acting, the films in this comeback streak have at least been good. OK, maybe not The Paperboy.

by Anonymousreply 408/27/2013

The movie may be great, but the title is terrible. It sounds like some idiotic Bravo reality show.

by Anonymousreply 508/27/2013

Getting rave reviews at the Toronto Film Festival. Looks like McConaughey and Jared Leto will be getting Oscar noms. Can't wait to see the film, I remember the horrific period so well.

by Anonymousreply 609/09/2013

Really can't wait to see this

by Anonymousreply 709/09/2013

Straight actor physically transforms his own body and plays:

- a druggie

- a gay druggie

- a gay druggie with AIDS

- a gay druggie with AIDS who dies.

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

I didn't get the idea that he was gay from the trailer.

If he's just a straight druggie who befriends gays then there's you Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2013

He's our generation's Paul Newman.

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2013

Haven't seen the movie but have read the reviews and vaguely knew the story of Ron Woodard from way back. He was a homophobic POS who got AIDS and was forced into becoming a dealer of drugs that weren't approved by the FDA, to save his own life. He ended up becoming a supplier to the HIV affected community in Dallas which was largely gay. From the reviews, McBongo plays him like the (useful) redneck POS who experienced being turned into a pariah by his former buddies. He ended up with all his friends and supporters being gay men.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.