Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Uhm... Has this gay acceptance gotten out of hand?

On one hand it's great but on the other it just stinks. I have become SOOO tired if walking into "gay" bars and seeing gay guys with their female girlfriends screaming like banshees! Must they be so loud? Now, the straight guys are coming into the "gay" bars with their straight girlfriends, who want to hang out with their gay friend...and having a good time! Every now and then is fine but this is now becoming di riguer! Straight bartenders working in gay bars! Straight strippers (what's left of them) working in gay bars! Where are the gay gyms? Where are the bathrooms to have quick gay sex? It's just not fun to be gay anymore! Everyone is either on Grindr or Scruff and do they really meet up? I miss the Food Bar...

by Stephenreply 7710/03/2013

Oh my god!

The OP is sooo right! We are becoming too mainstream! We are losing our mystery!

I being gay because it's special,but we are sooo overexposed now. We are also exploited to death.

by Stephenreply 308/27/2013

You're describing Berlin in the early 30's, OP, and look how that turned out.

by Stephenreply 408/27/2013

Straight strippers are okay. But straights should not be working as bartenders or waiters in gay establishments. We need to support our own. Gays are the best tippers so it's no wonder straight guys would want some of that.

by Stephenreply 508/27/2013

di riguer

Oh dear.

by Stephenreply 608/27/2013

And gays need those jobs.

by Stephenreply 708/27/2013

[quote]di riguer

Prince Philip's last nickname for Diana?

by Stephenreply 908/27/2013

r10, back alley sex is THE BEST!

by Stephenreply 1108/27/2013

Park restrooms just aren't the same anymore.

by Stephenreply 1208/27/2013

I didn't like straight couples in gay bars when I starting going to them in the mid-90s. I'd glare at them, they were slumming and unwelcome as far as I'm concerned. Interesting that they wanted to come to gay bars in the first place, it's the music from what I hear, these people like dance music a lot and most straight bars probably play rock or (c)rap.

I don't go to gay bars anymore, but I'd probably still be annoyed by straight couples. A "pansexual night" where straights were welcome would be ok though.

by Stephenreply 1308/27/2013

I visited a gay bar out of curiosity in Central London and ended up meeting my husband that very same night.Having never been exposed to that particular environment before,I assumed that every guy who was there must be gay until we both got talking that is.In addition to discovering that he was actually a straight gay friendly guy,I also met several of his friends who are an eclectic mix to say the least.Forward 7 years later,we are now happily married and still frequent these spots with our friends in tow every other week.

by Stephenreply 1408/27/2013

R14, just what we hate on DL.

by Stephenreply 1508/27/2013

[quote]Straight strippers are okay. But straights should not be working as bartenders or waiters in gay establishments. We need to support our own

None of it should happen IMO. I am fine with straight people wanting to go hang out in a gay bar, but the workers should be gay.

The money the customers are spending should be going into the pockets of the gay community. Not some straight dude who takes off his shirt and thinks its silly how the little queens fawn over him and give him tops.

If you ever hear them talk about the job afterwards they are frequently complaining about how some gay guy groped their ass and how the wish they had a different job.

by Stephenreply 1608/27/2013

Nice story [R14] but still...

by Stephenreply 1808/28/2013

Those jobs should go to gay people. Gay people still face a great deal of job discrimination. Straight people have countless bars/clubs they can work in.

by Stephenreply 2008/28/2013

Is this you, OP?

by Stephenreply 2108/28/2013

R13 I heard that straight couples went to gay bars because if either one or both were married it would be the last place that they could be caught cheating by spouses or friends.

by Stephenreply 2308/28/2013

Yes, R23. It was that they were either cheating OR one was bi and they were looking for a third. Very few straight couples just came to gay bars - at least in the 90s.

by Stephenreply 2408/28/2013

[quote]I met my partner in a straight club.

Oooooh, check out the BUTCH QUEEN at R8!

by Stephenreply 2508/28/2013

All this talk of straight strippers, gay waiters, bartenders...

You do realize that many (if not most) of the owners/managers of gay & lesbian bars and clubs (and therefore, the largest profit-participants) are straight people?

Do you know who owned/managed the vast majority of G&L establishments in NYC (and elsewhere) well into the 1970s?

The mob.

by Stephenreply 2608/28/2013

[Drunk off her ass straight girl]

"Do you know why I like to come to gay bars? I can completely be myself!"

then she proceeds to throw up...

by Stephenreply 2709/04/2013

What kind of Thanksgiving dinner IS this? Where's the turkey, Chuck? Don't you know ANYTHING about Thanksgiving dinners? Where's the mashed potatoes? Where's the cranberry sauce? [BOLD]WHERE'S THE PUMPKIN PIE?[/BOLD]

by Stephenreply 2809/04/2013

Straight women in gay bars are like pigeons these days. Lesbians (especially butch ones) seem to hate them more than anyone.

by Stephenreply 2909/04/2013

I agree [R29] but I don't want to come across as if they are not welcomed but in a sense they're not. I suppose it really boils down to how people are meeting other people now. It seems to be solely the internet these days. I remember going to straight bars with female and male friends but I knew that I was never going to meet anyone there and just enjoyed the atmosphere. When I went to gay bars I knew there were people like me. Now? Who knows? You have the gay guy who brings his girlfriend(s) (I see them as their social crutches)and as the OP said, you now have the straight guys who are great but... I suppose there is no longer a need for gay bars or establishments anymore. We are all "accepted."

by Stephenreply 3009/04/2013

Okay, what's going on with spelling and grammar on DL? It's all well and good to blame auto-correct featured on various devices, but aut-correct doesn't make up otherwise non-existent words.

Where is style? Where is skill? Where is forethought?

by Stephenreply 3209/04/2013

[quote]Not some straight dude who takes off his shirt and thinks its silly how the little queens fawn over him and give him tops (sic).

Newsflash: The gay strippers think the same thing too about the men they dance for.

by Stephenreply 3309/04/2013

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH a typo in R32! Oh, the shame and irony of it all!

by Stephenreply 3409/04/2013

[quote]aut-correct

This is French.

by Stephenreply 3509/04/2013

I agree, especially with the girls in gay bars. They are always the most obnoxious people in the bar. Sweaty boobies all bumpin'up on me. They just suck all the sexy out of it for me.

GROSS

by Stephenreply 3609/04/2013

@ [R32] ...and that's what you get! "He who is without sin."

by Stephenreply 3709/04/2013

Actually, R37, it's "LET he who is without sin [cast the first stone]." (Emphasis added. Jesus was being compassionate, rather than emphatic.)

by Stephenreply 3809/04/2013

A small sprinkling of straight women in gay bars have been a fixture on the bar scene for quite awhile. Mostly, these were the interesting, witty fruitflies who could drink and joke around and talk dirty like one of the guys. And they were real allies and friends of the gay community.

The problem was Will & Grace. Afterwards, all of these boring fraus wanted to be around a bunch of Jack's. And since then, they've proceeded to make friends with the most mincing, stereotypical gay man in the bar who brings in with him a gaggle of girls. Now, they bring other girls to a bar that used to cater to gay men, treat the place like a zoo and demand to be the obnoxious center of attention. Now gay bar = ruined.

So really, aside from discouraging too many straight people from invading gay space, we should also be banning the ePHeminate walking stereotypes who bring in these girls in droves in the first place.

by Stephenreply 3909/04/2013

Thing I hate the most: when a straight woman refers to her gay bestie as 'MY GAY HUSBAND'

Drives me crazy

by Stephenreply 4009/04/2013

R41, just stop.

by Stephenreply 4209/04/2013

wow, R14 sure knows how to make mortal enemies, doesn't she?

by Stephenreply 4309/04/2013

MMPH! Straight strippers? This happened a few years ago at The Urge Bar. A stripper and I were doing more than just flirting. During his break we went outside and I sucked his dick and we agreed to get together after he finished work. Well, because of the HOT strippers at the GAY bar a lot of women seemed to always be there. Anyway, either this "stripper" forgot about me or didn't see me because I saw him take this "straight" female bitch outside and they were gone for quite awhile. Either he got his dick sucked again or he fucked her. Me? I was sick.

by Stephenreply 4509/04/2013

I agree with OP

This thing is getting out of hand. Everyone is making a big show of it,gay,straight.

The straights are of course exploiting us to death,especially public figures.

by Stephenreply 4609/04/2013

Yes, chatting with people from the office while wearing assless chaps is just... awkward.

by Stephenreply 4709/04/2013

[quote]Yes, chatting with people from the office while wearing assless chaps is just... awkward.

OK, you need to understand something: *all* chaps are assless, that's what makes them chaps. "Assful" chaps are called pants.

by Stephenreply 4809/04/2013

Hmph! R14 found her husband in a gay bar. Well, I lost my boyfriend of 3 years when we went to a gay bar with a friend. Never again.

by Stephenreply 4909/06/2013

"So really, aside from discouraging too many straight people from invading gay space, we should also be banning the ePHeminate walking stereotypes who bring in these girls in droves in the first place."

...and here lies the problem.

by Stephenreply 5009/08/2013

Straight strippers are another gay for pay myth.

by Stephenreply 5109/08/2013

R49, you never had him, honey.

by Stephenreply 5309/08/2013

It started with Christopher Street, then Chelsea, then West Hollywood and now the Castro.

Too many straight people.

They've ruined gay

by Stephenreply 5409/08/2013

Last night at The Cock (google it) This queen walks in with 3 of his female girlfriends. It's the queen's birthday and she is even more giddy than they are. They're blowing horns, streamers, dancing, taking pictures, the whole bit... The bartender allows this obnoxious behavior to go on because he is just as effeminate as the birthday queen. Once they start talking (screaming)about boyfriends I had had enough and left.

by Stephenreply 5509/09/2013

You know, R55, we know how to use troll-dar. You seem to have more personalities than Sally Field in Sybil. Time to stop it I think.

by Stephenreply 5609/09/2013

LMAO...R14 is full of shit. He met his STRAIGHT husband at a gay bar? A gay friendly straight man isn't going to enter into a homosexual relationship just because he's open-minded. R14's husband was a self-loathing gay man in some sort of twisted form of denial...good thing he decided to give up the pretense and just be himself. It obviously worked out for him in the long run...

by Stephenreply 5709/09/2013

Hmm... R57, I thought R14 was a woman.

by Stephenreply 5809/09/2013

I might need to work on my reading comprehension...you're probably right, R58!

by Stephenreply 5909/09/2013

Ho-Hum, another one. I was in my coffee shop this morning and the owner, (a total hunk bodybuilder that is married with a kid but LOVES "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert--go figure), looks at a picture on his female employee's phone. It was a picture of two girls hugging. He asks her; "Is that your girlfriend, best friend, or both?"

Just impossible... The conversations are even changing now.

by Stephenreply 6009/13/2013

Just stop bringing your fucking faghag girlfriends to the Cock. Seriously. Just STOP it.

Last weekend, I was getting down with 3 other hung guys towards the back of the bar, and this tall black queeny type comes in with his loud, bitchy Asian hag, and while he uses the bathroom, she just about walks through the circle jerk shouting repeatedly at the top of her lungs the name of the third member of their party. I yelled at her to get the fuck out of there.

A couple weeks before that, also at the Cock, I was jerking at the urinals with another two guys, and these two skanks came in the bathroom and told us to "carry on", that they didn't care what we were doing, "don't mind us", etc., they just wanted to do coke. I went to the bouncer at the front door and told him, and he came back and questioned them but didn't eject them. Later, I saw them sitting on the couch out on the main floor doing lines.

My point is, it's a total boner-kill. Straight girls, I promise you, you are not wanted or appreciated at places like the Eagle or the Cock. Men are there to get down with other men. We don't want female attention. We don't want to hear your voices. And you queeny types? STOP thinking it's a good idea to bring your female friends with you to such bars. Stay home and watch Sex & the City and give each other facials. FUCK OFF.

by Stephenreply 6109/13/2013

When Larry King and Bill O'Reilly came out, I knew things were too far gone.

by Stephenreply 6209/13/2013

I remember years back that my friend took me to Henrietta Hudson. We didn't stay long because it was made quite clear that because I had a penis I was not welcomed. The bouncer gave us problems. The bartender was slow in serving our drinks. Then there were the stares. Very unpleasant.

by Stephenreply 6309/13/2013

[quote]Has this gay acceptance gotten out of hand?

No, it's called progress.

by Stephenreply 6409/13/2013

R63, good. That's how you should have been treated.

(I'm just guessing; I've never been to a lesbian bar and have no interest in going to one, I also don't know how lesbians feel about gay OR straight men invading their watering holes, but I can't imagine it would be any different from how I feel about chicks at the Cock.)

by Stephenreply 6509/13/2013

UGH shut up. We should have separate schools and restrooms and water fountains, too. The gays would probably love that separate restroom thing anyway. I love when straight girls come to my local gay bar, because they usually make me look like less of a drunken fool. I go with straight male and female friends along with my fellow gays. It's fun. If I didn't have my straights with me it would be a total bore to have to deal with so many of the gay bitches that dwell there.

I'm with you on the gay bartender thing, though.

by Stephenreply 6609/13/2013

Also, the purpose of gay bars is defunct. Stop circle jerking in the corner. This isn't the Tenderloin in the 70's. It's disgusting. Go on craigslist or Grindr and find so cemetery to whore around in. I just want to listen to One Direction and drink my cocktails.

by Stephenreply 6709/13/2013

R66/67, you sound exactly like the typical queen who WOULD come to the Cock with your fucking faghag girlfriend. Here's the thing: there are gay bars, and then there are SLEAZY gay bars, if you're lucky enough to live in a city that has both. Don't go to a SLEAZY gay bar and bring your female or straight male friends.

I love hanging out with straight guys, too--most of my friends are straight guys, actually. But when I want to get my grope on without the fuss, disappointment, and waste of time that is Grindr and Craigslist (seriously, have you ever fucking used either of those things for hookups? EVER?), I go to the Cock, and I don't want you and your obnoxious chick friends killing my boner. No one at the Cock is interested in you, anyway, so why not go to Urge next door, or any of the other obnoxious thumping-club-music-and-cocktails gay bars that are so prevalent in Hell's Kitchen? You sound obnoxious enough to fit in there perfectly without soiling the good times being had elsewhere.

Also, at 22, you have a LOT to learn.

by Stephenreply 6809/13/2013

Well you sure showed me.

by Stephenreply 6909/13/2013

"...No one at the Cock is interested in you, anyway,..."

Well, that's not true. The owner is quite interested because he loves men too! He loves; George, Abraham, Andrew, Alex, and will bend over on the spot whenever he sees Ben.

by Stephenreply 7009/13/2013

@R66, Well I go to a gay bar to meet GAY people. Particular GAY men. Not to engage a gay guy's girlfriend or his straight male friend, (who looks terrified that he will be hit on before you even speak to him), in conversation. I mean some of them are cool but they are far and few. Many times these groups keep to themselves and do not even try to socialize with others. Usually, they're the ones that are so FUCKING loud that nails scratching across a chalkboard would sound better. Why not just go to a straight bar?

by Stephenreply 7109/13/2013

"...so why not go to Urge next door,.."

Now, that SURE was a mess with all the boys bringing their girlfriends to see the male strippers. Ugh!!!

by Stephenreply 7209/13/2013

Speaking of The Cock, case # whatever: A lesbian brings two of her straight girlfriends to the bar. It's one of the straight girlfriend's birthday....

by Stephenreply 7310/02/2013

OP, do you have as much of a problem as gay people going with their straight friends to straight bars?

If not, perhaps you might want to consider if you're being fair.

by Stephenreply 7410/02/2013

[quote]66/67, you sound exactly like the typical queen who WOULD come to the Cock with your fucking faghag girlfriend. Here's the thing: there are gay bars, and then there are SLEAZY gay bars, if you're lucky enough to live in a city that has both. Don't go to a SLEAZY gay bar and bring your female or straight male friends. I love hanging out with straight guys, too--most of my friends are straight guys, actually. But when I want to get my grope on without the fuss, disappointment, and waste of time that is Grindr and Craigslist (seriously, have you ever fucking used either of those things for hookups? EVER?), I go to the Cock, and I don't want you and your obnoxious chick friends killing my boner. No one at the Cock is interested in you, anyway, so why not go to Urge next door, or any of the other obnoxious thumping-club-music-and-cocktails gay bars that are so prevalent in Hell's Kitchen? You sound obnoxious enough to fit in there perfectly without soiling the good times being had elsewhere. Also, at 22, you have a LOT to learn. By: 34-year-old masculine homo

This whole post is satire. It has to be. It's seeping with irony.

by Stephenreply 7510/02/2013

Dumpster dating in the back alley of a club at 3 AM.

by Stephenreply 7610/02/2013

bump

by Stephenreply 7710/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.